Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadlington View Post
    Where's the sense of accomplishment with this ridiculous mindset? "Games are meant to be fun!!!" Yeah, and you know what's fun? A challenge. Something that's been sorely lacking. I shouldn't have to go to Heroic Difficulty just to be able stay awake during fights. Blizzard got greedy, and then they got stupid. They saw those numbers falling down hard after Cata flopped and they panicked- started throwing every cheap advantage and trick they could to get casual players to stay on and keep pumping their 15 a month into their coffers.

Except that fucking flopped too! XP slashes made the levelling process go by so fast new players don't even have time to get enamored with the world anymore- and LFR gutted the challenge of raiding for when they got to max. So what happens? Players get bored and leave, because why would they stick around when they've already seen the raids in their entirety, even if scaled all the way back so that even little elderly Miss Perkins from Ohio and her twenty cats can get through it? Can deck themselves out in Tier? They don't. They get bored and leave because they're not being challenged.
    i agree , but still a challenge in a game is still a GAME and fun and not WORK . thats all i am saying .
    If people want to be rewarded for playing alot and being dedicated towards game and guild i think thats a good thing, but dont let it look like its alot of effort and work to do so . YOU chose to do it because you love it ,otherwise its plain stupid to play a game that is making you feel like going to work . If you wanne work get a job it pays better then some gearset . If you wanne have fun and feel good in the end ?play and have fun .Wath kind of gear you wear should not be all that important as long as you have fun getting it .
    Last edited by mmoc2469da80bf; 2014-09-02 at 11:56 AM.

Where's the sense of accomplishment with this ridiculous mindset? "Games are meant to be fun!!!" Yeah, and you know what's fun? A challenge. Something that's been sorely lacking. I shouldn't have to go to Heroic Difficulty just to be able stay awake during fights. Blizzard got greedy, and then they got stupid. They saw those numbers falling down hard after Cata flopped and they panicked- started throwing every cheap advantage and trick they could to get casual players to stay on and keep pumping their 15 a month into their coffers.

Except that fucking flopped too! XP slashes made the levelling process go by so fast new players don't even have time to get enamored with the world anymore- and LFR gutted the challenge of raiding for when they got to max. So what happens? Players get bored and leave, because why would they stick around when they've already seen the raids in their entirety, even if scaled all the way back so that even little elderly Miss Perkins from Ohio and her twenty cats can get through it? Can deck themselves out in Tier? They don't. They get bored and leave because they're not being challenged.
    Hit the nail on the head for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post
    Dat warlock mythic tier... very nice.

However, I see they too have not escaped the wrestling belt trend this expansion. If you belt buckle is not the same width as your torso, Blizzard aint having it.
    And wrestling belts are bad why? Look at the history of armor and clothing in the last 5000 years. Crappy TV wrestling shows did not make up this style of waist adornment. It fits perfectly into Warcraft's look and feel. You may as well complain about the giant boots and shoulders too.
    It's abdominal armor, it fits with the battle mage/warlock aesthetic of Warcraft just fine.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post
    i agree , but still a challenge in a game is still a GAME and fun and not WORK . thats all i am saying .
    If people want to be rewarded for playing alot and being dedicated towards game and guild i think thats a good thing, but dont let it look like its alot of effort and work to do so . YOU chose to do it because you love it ,otherwise its plain stupid to play a game that is making you feel like going to work . If you wanne work get a job it pays better then some gearset . If you wanne have fun and feel good in the end ?play and have fun .Wath kind of gear you wear should not be all that important as long as you have fun getting it .
    I think your confusing the use of the word work mate. I love this game and but when you are wiping on heroic bosses because some of your raid are failing at mechanics it is hard work. It's clearly not a job / occupation, but the word is very relevant here.

You do know that there has always been a TINY fraction of the WoW playerbase that's been invested in the truly challenging content, right? You pretending like everyone wants challenge above FUN = you projecting YOUR feelings and needs onto everyone else.

Games are not work, if I didn't have FUN while doing it I wouldn't touch heroic raiding. Look at Wildstar, has it become the most successful mmo ever with its gruesomely challenging content, attunement requirements and so on? No...it'll become a niche game since guess what, SO many players simply want to have FUN and that means little effort for a sense of progression. They still won't be getting the HIGHEST sense of progression for their toons that players participating in the most challenging content will get. I believe Blizzard have these numbers which is why features like LFR came to be in the first place.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-09-02 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Look at Wildstar, has it become the most successful mmo ever with its gruesomely challenging content, attunement requirements and so on? :
    No, but World of Warcraft has become the most successful MMO due to gruesomely challenging content and attunement requirements.

It's almost embarrassing how much of the playerbase has become a pack of pissbabies. "I don't want consequences or choices! Thinking is hard! Just give me all the benefits of the Garrisons without having to choose!" What's next? Maybe we should just mail the loot from the raid to you. Take a page out of those godawful Private Servers; just shove your Credit Card in Blizzard's face and get a whole set of T17 so that you can stand around in Orgrimmar or Stormwind all day and feel "accomplished". Gat dang people like this piss me off.

I'm glad Blizzard's trying to wean and eventually starve players like this. They bring nothing to the game except a vocal minority that won't shut the fuck up about how the game is "too hard", even as Pandaria is poised to be the easiest expansion in WoW- if not ALL MMOs.
    Oh the joys of being unemployed!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maciev View Post
    No, but World of Warcraft has become the most successful MMO due to gruesomely challenging content and attunement requirements.
    That was never WoW to begin with. You must be confused with another game.

Quote Originally Posted by FabioNintendo View Post
    Will these changes come in 6.0 pre-patch or only in the expansion release itself?
    The graphics improvements will most likely be in the 6.0 pre-patch, along with all of the other systems changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veraki View Post
    I think your confusing the use of the word work mate. I love this game and but when you are wiping on heroic bosses because some of your raid are failing at mechanics it is hard work. It's clearly not a job / occupation, but the word is very relevant here.
    Again , if you are failing or not you are still only playing a game and you do ZERO WORK , your playing like it or not .
    Why do you play? wel clearly for your amusement (or not ?) . Look at the logo http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/ it says "Blizzard Entertainment" not "Blizzard workplace, workshop" . So dont act like your working whilst playing a game , skill ,time and dedication are very different things and they will all differ from person to person . Dont get me wrong i think that people that kill the highest tier (difficulty) should get the reward they deserve for being so good and dedicated to the game they love to PLAY with their freinds .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post
    Again , if you are failing or not you are still only playing a game and you do ZERO WORK , your playing like it or not .
    Why do you play? wel clearly for your amusement (or not ?) . Look at the logo http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/ it says "Blizzard Entertainment" not "Blizzard workplace, workshop" . So dont act like your working whilst playing a game , skill ,time and dedication are very different things and they will all differ from person to person . Dont get me wrong i think that people that kill the highest tier (difficulty) should get the reward they deserve for being so good and dedicated to the game they love to PLAY with their freinds .
    I know of some chinese gentlemen who would sit around in teams and work in WoW all day and then sell their efforts for real money!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    I know of some chinese gentlemen who would sit around in teams and work in WoW all day and then sell their efforts for real money!
    Next time you see them tell them their business model is being Hijackt by a few thousand guilds ;-) .
    So if playing feeds your famely it becomes work , cool . for all the others that do it for pixels that drop its playing .
    Glad we got this sorted .
    Last edited by mmoc2469da80bf; 2014-09-02 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Proving Grounds are going to do well filtering out the bads for a while, but gold will still buy everything else. Just like Challenge mode, gold will get it, not skill, so why fuss?

Blizzard needs a system that individually rates players, so carrying isn't possible for "snow flake" sets.
    This is why I love OpenRaid in a nutshell. The player rating system is amazing and I never have to deal with "I'm in 540 gear but I haz the skeelz for Heroic mode, everybody in LFR tells me I'm good" crowd or the "I'm 589 on my main so you should carry my undergeared alts" or the people who just got lucky on gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel like I've seen that warlock set before.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...50px-Zaros.png

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    And wrestling belts are bad why? Look at the history of armor and clothing in the last 5000 years. Crappy TV wrestling shows did not make up this style of waist adornment. It fits perfectly into Warcraft's look and feel. You may as well complain about the giant boots and shoulders too.
    It's abdominal armor, it fits with the battle mage/warlock aesthetic of Warcraft just fine.
    They are bad because they are too gaudy and make you look pregnant. In fact that is what we call them...preggo belts. Belts were not always so and I wish they would go for a more subtle / classy style. It is the one of the primary reasons I transmog to older sets.
    Last edited by Hamacus; 2014-09-02 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me, or does Celestalon throw around the word 'unintuitive' a lot without actually knowing its meaning? Spheres are totally intuitive. Pop a couple around a corner, save a couple for later, use it on the run... I really wish this guy would step down.

Gratz to Wannoob on soloing the boss, but in all honesty, am I the only one who's eyes bled over the cluttered and chaotic UI they are rocking. How they saw anything is the real challenge they faced, rather than the boss!

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Need free legendary...nau. Gimme! I WANT IT NOW BLIZZARD!

You still have a chance to get the legendary. Seriously dude? It's pretty easy to get, be glad you can go faceroll LFR till you get it. You've had the entire expansion to get it, yet you come back in the last month and expect it instantly?

Aye, I overheard Metzen saying "Lets put it so Voisier can't use it, it's funny watching him get so angry." You've had the whole expansion!
    I feel so sorry for your misguided reaction. So much clueless in one post with few words.

1) The legendary status of the item is not legendary if you can get it with only time, so no, its not about ' omg gief new legendary nou'
    2) I had the whole expansion? Oh thats nice, because I did I would probably have it ?................................ ( the many dots is reflected at the stupidity of that )
    3) Why do you think its their in the first place.. because the original way of doing it is is busted to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post

The valor crap takes 3 weeks to do at worst and you've been stuck on it for 4 with 2 more to go? The problem isn't the buff going away.
    Some simple math that you probably don't understand. You need 3000 valor, which is 3 weeks. Sadly perfections like that doesn't excist unless you timed it beforehand. Meaning I with 200 valor remaining when I picked up the quest, which means 4 weeks week 1 200, week 2 1200 week 3 2200 week 4 3300 <--- SUCCES!
    Last edited by Jin; 2014-09-02 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that lock set is looking particularly lockish, I like it.

I dunno, I personally think visuals should take the same amount of effort to attain, at a more reasonable level (i.e most people can get if they put the time in). Mythic raiding already comes with the perk of giving you the very best gear to slay stuff in, which surely will not be worse in WoD's approach to gear (closer than ever to pvp etc). Maybe make titles like with gladiators instead? They're sometimes already there as a perk, but not always.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Gaze of the Black Prince bonus is crap! I had 14 chances to get 6 stones today and all I go was 4 out of 14. Just like any normal day without the buff. What is it, a 5% increase?