Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Sounds like a bad nightmare to me

- - - Updated - - -

I'm questioning the validity of your join date and post count if that is true. People both adore content patches and the idea Blizzard put forth of reducing tiers for faster xpacs.
    I was personally never really for advancing expansions but rather having more content updates within an expansion's lifetime. Updates that are not specific to mere raids but also add meaningful content.

As has been the case, they've merely added momentary content while reserving any real meaningful content to expansions. To the point once an expansion releases, you can essentially assume that's all you're really getting beyond more shit to kill until the next expansion. Because lord knows they struggle to come up with ideas for their expansions as is to be putting good stuff in between expansion releases.

I wanted three month release windows for new content up until the next expansion's release date. With a new raid tier added in at every half year mark.

This new model is okay IF they want to get rid of the subscription fee. They aren't doing that, hence my bitching. Figured everyone else was pissed off about the prospect of being ripped off. It wasn't like we were getting that great of a deal for our fees to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Instead of removing the good ones, try removing the bad ones.

Ex - WotLK - Only have Ulduar and ICC. Remove Naxx 2.0 and ToC. Would that really be bad?
    Thing is, we wouldn't of gotten ulduar in WoTLK or firelands because they were kind of side stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I was personally never really for advancing expansions but rather having more content updates within an expansion's lifetime. Updates that are not specific to mere raids but also add meaningful content.

As has been the case, they've merely added momentary content while reserving any real meaningful content to expansions. To the point once an expansion releases, you can essentially assume that's all you're really getting beyond more shit to kill until the next expansion. Because lord knows they struggle to come up with ideas for their expansions as is to be putting good stuff in between expansion releases.

I wanted three month release windows for new content up until the next expansion's release date. With a new raid tier added in at every half year mark.

This new model is okay IF they want to get rid of the subscription fee. They aren't doing that, hence my bitching. Figured everyone else was pissed off about the prospect of being ripped off. It wasn't like we were getting that great of a deal for our fees to begin with.
    Sure, I have no reason to disagree. Thinking that everyone else sees it as a problem though, that's silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Thing is, we wouldn't of gotten ulduar in WoTLK or firelands because they were kind of side stories.
    How did Naxx advance the story? KT could have simply stayed dead. ToC has Spider King in it, about as relevant as Naxx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

How did Naxx advance the story? KT could have simply stayed dead. ToC has Spider King in it, about as relevant as Naxx.
    Uld didn't advance the story ether. Uld was its own story and had nothing to do with the Lich King. In truth ToC and Naxx both had more to do with LK/Northrend then Uld did.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Sure, I have no reason to disagree. Thinking that everyone else sees it as a problem though, that's silly.

- - - Updated - - -

How could they not? Either you're getting screwed over or you're not. We clearly are. Again, assuming intelligent life exists here. Would you rather me assume otherwise?

That doesn't make any sense. With the current model, you're paying $15 a month and $40-$50 every two years for leveling content, three raid tiers, and whatever new end-game questing/daily/non-raid related content they have. In their new model, you'll still be paying $15 a month, but $40-50 every year for leveling content, two raid tiers, and whatever new end-game questing/daily/non-raid related content they have. Current model, we're paying $400-$410 over a two year cycle for one set of leveling content, three raid tiers, and whatever new stuff we have. New model, we're paying $440-$450 in two one year cycles for two sets of leveling content, four raid tiers, and two sets of new stuff. So you're arguing that we get more stuff in the current model for the price? The only way that's possibly true is if you argue that a raid tier, one set of leveling content, and one set of new stuff is worth less than $40. Mind you that these are hypothetical situations, but that's what we're currently dealing with.

How could they not? Either you're getting screwed over or you're not. We clearly are. Again, assuming intelligent life exists here. Would you rather me assume otherwise?
    How about the people blatantly disagreeing with the ones complaining about this?
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanysheep View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. With the current model, you're paying $15 a month and $40-$50 every two years for leveling content, three raid tiers, and whatever new end-game questing/daily/non-raid related content they have. In their new model, you'll still be paying $15 a month, but $40-50 every year for leveling content, two raid tiers, and whatever new end-game questing/daily/non-raid related content they have. Current model, we're paying $400-$410 over a two year cycle for one set of leveling content, three raid tiers, and whatever new stuff we have. New model, we're paying $440-$450 in two one year cycles for two sets of leveling content, four raid tiers, and two sets of new stuff. So you're arguing that we get more stuff in the current model for the price? The only way that's possibly true is if you argue that a raid tier, one set of leveling content, and one set of new stuff is worth less than $40. Mind you that these are hypothetical situations, but that's what we're currently dealing with.
    Like I done said and proved we would be paying more for ether the same amount or less amount of content.

I'm personally don't ok with that. There is many P2p/B2p/F2p MMO's putting out content at a good rate that in my opinion WoW barely beats. I can name 2 mmo's that I feel release more content that cost the same as wow...one of those mmo's cost less.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Uld didn't advance the story ether. Uld was its own story and had nothing to do with the Lich King. In truth ToC and Naxx both had more to do with LK/Northrend then Uld did.
    They all had the same to do with the story, ToC and Naxx could have just as easily been removed and nobody would notice, they had nothing to with what came before or after.

It would probably be stranger to not include Ulduar considering how much Storm Peaks built up to it. Naxx by comparison was sort of just "there" and ToC needs no explanation
    Enjoy.

How about the people blatantly disagreeing with the ones complaining about this?
    I hate to fall back on old tropes but they're blatant fanboys and disgustingly so. It's the only way I can understand their feelings on the matter.

If you look at the market, what's out there, and the general consensus of a fair deal WoW is anything but that right now and about to become an even worse bargain. It's probably the biggest ripoff in the gaming world beyond what Indie-development is rapidly becoming. I understand defending the idea of faster expansions but being okay with the idea that this will result in less content for more in the short run?

There's no logic or sanity in that. I love WoW, don't get me wrong, but damn. People need to have some common sense.

I hate to fall back on old tropes but they're blatant fanboys and disgustingly so. It's the only way I can understand their feelings on the matter.

If you look at the market, what's out there, and the general consensus of a fair deal WoW is anything but that right now and about to become an even worse bargain. It's probably the biggest ripoff in the gaming world beyond what Indie-development is rapidly becoming. I understand defending the idea of faster expansions but being okay with the idea that this will result in less content for more in the short run?

There's no logic or sanity in that. I love WoW, don't get me wrong, but damn. People need to have some common sense.
    Alright. Regardless of your opinion on them, they exist. That's all I was stating. Opinions are opinions.
    Enjoy.

Alright. Regardless of your opinion on them, they exist. That's all I was stating. Opinions are opinions.
    Well Islamic extremists also exist but when making generalizations about the Muslim world should I utilize or consider them?

They all had the same to do with the story, ToC and Naxx could have just as easily been removed and nobody would notice, they had nothing to with what came before or after.

It would probably be stranger to not include Ulduar considering how much Storm Peaks built up to it. Naxx by comparison was sort of just "there" and ToC needs no explanation
    But like I said Naxx and ToC had more to do with LK "and hes the one the main story is about" then Uld did. So if we was to just keep raids that is ralated to the main story Uld/OS/RS/EoE would be removed. Uld had ZERO to do with LK. While yes storm peaks did build up to do it could have just built up to the 5mans and was left at that or stormpeaks would be removed as well.

Well Islamic extremists also exist but when making generalizations about the Muslim world should I utilize or consider them?
    Are you still trying to argue this? You said nobody likes content patches. It has nothing to with generalizations, majority or minority was not the argument. If you pretend extremists don't exist, you're ignorant.
    Enjoy.

Are you still trying to argue this? You said nobody likes content patches. It has nothing to with generalizations, majority or minority was not the argument. If you pretend extremists don't exist, you're ignorant.
    Hold up, what? I didn't say that. If you believe I did then it was inadvertent and I'd like to see what made you come to that conclusion.

Also the idea isn't whether they exist or not. The idea is they don't deserve to be given the time to begin with basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But like I said Naxx and ToC had more to do with LK "and hes the one the main story is about" then Uld did. So if we was to just keep raids that is ralated to the main story Uld/OS/RS/EoE would be removed. Uld had ZERO to do with LK. While yes storm peaks did build up to do it could have just built up to the 5mans and was left at that or stormpeaks would be removed as well.
    Actually, Yogg-Saron is revealed to have several ties to the scourge with implications to the LK himself. That and the lack of being able to introduce a god tied to Northrend without returning to Northrend means that his importance is probably much higher above 2 bosses that have no effect on the fight with LK or the story leading up to him.

If they brought back Onyxia for Cataclysm and had it the same as present day Onyxia, just scaled, or N'zoth who is implied to have a hand in DW, which would be more important?
    Enjoy.

It's not the same or less amount of content. It's more content. Significantly more content, depending on how much of your time you spend trying to complete the non-raid related content. If you look at it strictly in terms of money, yes, you are paying more money. That is a fact. But you are also getting more content out of it. If we're keeping this in the constraints of just World of Warcraft, there is more value in getting an expansion and two raid tiers every year.

If you're looking at other MMO's, yes, there are better MMO's with more value out there. You can put tons and tons of hours into SWTOR for free. But that is a matter of preference, not a matter of value.

Hold up, what? I didn't say that. If you believe I did then it was inadvertent and I'd like to see what made you come to that conclusion.

Also the idea isn't whether they exist or not. The idea is they don't deserve to be given the time to begin with basically.
    No one sits here going, "OMFG patch 1.5000 is about to release I CANT FRICKIJNG WAIT!dfsaF DSAF"
    Very first comment I replied to, you immediately denied that these people could exist since it defies common logic. Whether or not it does, you denied their existence. Not sure why I've had to repeat myself this many times, it's not a very complex idea.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanysheep View Post
    It's not the same or less amount of content. It's more content. Significantly more content, depending on how much of your time you spend trying to complete the non-raid related content. If you look at it strictly in terms of money, yes, you are paying more money. That is a fact. But you are also getting more content out of it. If we're keeping this in the constraints of just World of Warcraft, there is more value in getting an expansion and two raid tiers every year.

If you're looking at other MMO's, yes, there are better MMO's with more value out there. You can put tons and tons of hours into SWTOR for free. But that is a matter of preference, not a matter of value.
    ...You're still paying for the expansions and even more than normal. What are you talking about? You're completely missing the point of what people are saying.

If they brought back Onyxia for Cataclysm and had it the same as present day Onyxia, just scaled, or N'zoth who is implied to have a hand in DW, which would be more important?
    N'zoth since hes the puppet master and Ony was just a tool. But at the sametime I'm tired of the "OLD GODS DID IT" With LK most of his actions if not all was him and him alone "not a old god pulling his strings"