Page 1 of 119
... LastLast

[Rogue] Simulationcraft results for WoD

Last updated: 2015-09-09

Disclaimer: All stat weight values are generated at BiS levels - you should always sim your character to get the weights for your gear, alternatively, Shadowcraft has been updated which provides a formulaic approach to getting your weights, a discussion thread can be found here.

How to play: I've been considering doing an FAQ on many of the common questions asked here, or to restyle this thread like the EJ threads of old, for now since we have the Rogue Compendium sticky, I don't see a need to.

Since they'll just keep getting buried in the 6.0 thread I'll keep my current SimC results here.

Download: http://www.simulationcraft.org/download.html
    Source: https://github.com/simulationcraft/simc

Do note: I highly encourage others to iterate upon everything they see here and post any increases you can find - though remember to take error into account.

DPS analysis:

All stat values here, graph a touch too messy to embed

----

AoE DPS analysis:

----

Trinket analysis:

----

Race analysis:

----

BiS Lists Hellfire Citadel:

Assassination

Combat

Subtlety

Simc profiles:

Assassination
    Code:
    rogue="Rogue_Assassination_2.0"
    level=100
    race=blood_elf
    role=attack
    position=back
    talents=3000032
    glyphs=vendetta/energy/disappearance
    spec=assassination

actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_agility_flask
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=sleeper_sushi
    actions.precombat+=/apply_poison,lethal=deadly
    # Snapshot raid buffed stats before combat begins and pre-potting is done.
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_agility
    actions.precombat+=/stealth
    actions.precombat+=/marked_for_death

#----------------------------------------------------------------- MASTER ----------------------------------------------------------------#
    actions=run_action_list,name=opener_ant,if=(time<5.5&combo_points<5)&talent.anticipation.enabled

actions+=/run_action_list,name=reflection_rotation_ant_ref,if=buff.shadow_reflection.up&talent.anticipation.enabled&talent.shadow_reflection.enabled

actions+=/run_action_list,name=vanish_rotation_ant_ref,if=buff.vanish.up&talent.anticipation.enabled&talent.shadow_reflection.enabled

actions+=/call_action_list,name=cd_controller_ant,if=talent.anticipation.enabled

#Multi target support
    #actions+=/run_action_list,name=mult_generators_ant_env,if=talent.anticipation.enabled&buff.envenom.up&active_enemies>1
    #actions+=/run_action_list,name=mult_generators_ant,if=talent.anticipation.enabled&active_enemies>1

actions+=/run_action_list,name=generators_ant_env,if=talent.anticipation.enabled&buff.envenom.up
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=generators_ant,if=talent.anticipation.enabled

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
    #-------------------------------------------------------------- OPENER -------------------------------------------------------------------#
    	actions.opener_ant=mutilate,if=time<1
    	actions.opener_ant+=/rupture,if=time<2
    	actions.opener_ant+=/dispatch
    	actions.opener_ant+=/mutilate

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
    #------------------------------------------------------------- REFLECTION ROTATION --------------------------------------------------------#
    #pot
    	actions.reflection_rotation_ant_ref=potion,name=draenic_agility,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<40|(buff.shadow_reflection.up|(!talent.shadow_reflection.enabled&buff.vendetta.up))&(trinket.stat.agi.up|trinket.stat.multistrike.up|trinket.stat.crit.up|buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_agi.up)|((buff.shadow_reflection.up|(!talent.shadow_reflection.enabled&buff.vendetta.up))&target.time_to_die<136)
    #burst cds
    	actions.reflection_rotation_ant_ref+=/vendetta
    	actions.reflection_rotation_ant_ref+=/use_item,slot=trinket2
    	actions.reflection_rotation_ant_ref+=/use_item,slot=finger1
    #racials
    	actions.reflection_rotation_ant_ref+=/Arcane_Torrent,if=energy<90
    	actions.reflection_rotation_ant_ref+=/blood_fury
    	actions.reflection_rotation_ant_ref+=/berserking
    #Follow Standard rotation for now
    	actions.reflection_rotation_ant_ref+=/run_action_list,name=generators_ant_env,if=talent.anticipation.enabled&buff.envenom.up
    	actions.reflection_rotation_ant_ref+=/run_action_list,name=generators_ant,if=talent.anticipation.enabled

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
    #----------------------------------------------------------- VANISH ROTATION -------------------------------------------------------------#
    #Nothing special, cheap combo point
    	actions.vanish_rotation_ant_ref=mutilate

#------------------------------------------------------------- CD CONTROL ----------------------------------------------------------------#
    #Assumes proper energy management (sort of... I got lazy)
    	actions.cd_controller_ant=shadow_reflection,if=energy>35
    	actions.cd_controller_ant+=/vanish,if=energy>13&!buff.stealth.up&combo_points+anticipation_charges<8&buff.blindside.down

#Prep
    	actions.cd_controller_ant+=/preparation,if=cooldown.vanish.remains>25
    #pool for upcoming vendetta
    	actions.cd_controller_ant+=/call_action_list,name=pool_ant,if=energy+energy.regen*cooldown.vendetta.remains<=105

#----------------------------------------------------------- POOL ANTICIPATION -----------------------------------------------------------#
    #use Finisher to avoid capping
    	actions.pool_ant=call_action_list,name=finishers,if=combo_points+anticipation_charges>=8&combo_points=5
    #use prep if nothing better to do, but dont delay vendetta because of it.
    	actions.pool_ant+=/preparation,if=cooldown.vanish.remains>25|target.time_to_die<17&cooldown.vendetta.remains>1
    #wait 0.1s increments
    	actions.pool_ant+=/wait,sec=0.1

#------------------------------------------------------------- POOL ENVENOM --------------------------------------------------------------#
    #use prep if nothing better to do, but dont delay vendetta because of it.
    	actions.pool_ant_env=preparation,if=cooldown.vanish.remains>25|target.time_to_die<17&cooldown.vendetta.remains>1
    #wait 0.1s increments
    	actions.pool_ant_env+=/wait,sec=0.15

#------------------------------------------------------------- GENERATORS ----------------------------------------------------------------#
    #use generators to build to 5, just want to get up envenom asap
    	actions.generators_ant=call_action_list,name=finishers,if=combo_points=5

#maintain Rupture
    	actions.generators_ant+=/call_action_list,name=energy_neutral_finishers,if=combo_points=5

#use generator to not cap
    	actions.generators_ant+=/dispatch
    	actions.generators_ant+=/mutilate

#-------------------------------------------------------- GENERATORS ENVENOM -------------------------------------------------------------#
    #use generators up to maximum to get more use of envenom
    	actions.generators_ant_env=call_action_list,name=finishers,if=combo_points=5&combo_points+anticipation_charges>=7

#maintain Rupture
    	actions.generators_ant_env+=/call_action_list,name=energy_neutral_finishers,if=combo_points=5

#use generator to not cap
    	actions.generators_ant_env+=/dispatch
    	actions.generators_ant_env+=/mutilate

#------------------------------------------------------------- FINISHERS -----------------------------------------------------------------#
    #Maintain
    	actions.energy_neutral_finishers=rupture,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<3

#General
    	actions.finishers=rupture,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<3
    	actions.finishers+=/pool_resource,for_next=1,extra_amount=50
    	actions.finishers+=/death_from_above

#!   NOTE   !#
    #Currently envenom is being handled identically at all enemy health levels, it may be worth testing to see if gains can be found to handle
    #						things differently in execute range
    							   #!   NOTE   !#

#Low Health envenom (dont want to envenom if we're about to pool for cds, screw the rules if bloodlust up)
    	actions.finishers+=/envenom,cycle_targets=1,if=target.health.pct<=35&(energy+energy.regen*cooldown.vendetta.remains>=105&(buff.envenom.remains<=1.8|energy>45))|buff.bloodlust.up|debuff.vendetta.up

#Normal Envenom (dont want to envenom if we're about to pool for cds)
    	actions.finishers+=/envenom,cycle_targets=1,if=target.health.pct>35&(energy+energy.regen*cooldown.vendetta.remains>=105&(buff.envenom.remains<=1.8|energy>55))|buff.bloodlust.up|debuff.vendetta.up

#Pool Otherwise
    	actions.finishers+=/call_action_list,name=pool_ant_env

head=felblade_hood,id=124263,bonus_id=567
    neck=choker_of_the_great_betrayer,id=124210,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_mastery
    shoulders=felblade_spaulders,id=124274,bonus_id=567
    back=cloak_of_tangible_dread,id=124135,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_mastery
    chest=felblade_chestguard,id=124248,bonus_id=567
    wrists=manacles_of_the_multitudes,id=124280,bonus_id=567
    hands=felfinger_runegloves,id=124254,bonus_id=567
    waist=waistwrap_of_banishment,id=124276,bonus_id=567
    legs=felblade_leggings,id=124269,bonus_id=567
    feet=toxicologists_treated_boots,id=124250,bonus_id=567
    finger1=maalus_the_blood_drinker,id=124636,bonus_id=621,enchant=gift_of_mastery
    finger2=portal_key_signet,id=124189,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_mastery
    trinket1=soul_capacitor,id=124225,bonus_id=567
    trinket2=bleeding_hollow_toxin_vessel,id=124520,bonus_id=567
    main_hand=fang_of_the_pit,id=124367,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_bleeding_hollow
    off_hand=fang_of_the_pit,id=124367,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_bleeding_hollow

Combat
    Code:
    rogue="Rogue_Combat_T18M"
    level=100
    race=gnome
    role=attack
    position=back
    talents=3000021
    glyphs=energy/disappearance
    spec=combat

# Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_agility_flask
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=felmouth_frenzy
    actions.precombat+=/apply_poison,lethal=deadly
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_agility
    actions.precombat+=/stealth
    actions.precombat+=/marked_for_death
    actions.precombat+=/slice_and_dice,if=talent.marked_for_death.enabled

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=potion,name=draenic_agility,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<40|(buff.adrenaline_rush.up&buff.maalus.up&(trinket.proc.any.react|trinket.stacking_proc.any.react|buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_agi.react))
    actions+=/kick
    actions+=/preparation,if=!buff.vanish.up&cooldown.vanish.remains>30
    actions+=/use_item,slot=finger1,if=buff.adrenaline_rush.up
    actions+=/use_item,slot=trinket2,if=buff.adrenaline_rush.up
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/berserking
    actions+=/arcane_torrent,if=energy<60
    actions+=/blade_flurry,if=(active_enemies>=2&!buff.blade_flurry.up)|(active_enemies<2&buff.blade_flurry.up)
    actions+=/shadow_reflection,if=(cooldown.killing_spree.remains<10&combo_points>3)|buff.adrenaline_rush.up
    actions+=/ambush
    actions+=/vanish,if=time>10&(combo_points<3|(talent.anticipation.enabled&anticipation_charges<3)|(combo_points<4|(talent.anticipation.enabled&anticipation_charges<4)))&((talent.shadow_focus.enabled&buff.adrenaline_rush.down&energy<90&energy>=15)|(talent.subterfuge.enabled&energy>=90)|(!talent.shadow_focus.enabled&!talent.subterfuge.enabled&energy>=60))
    actions+=/slice_and_dice,if=buff.slice_and_dice.remains<2|((target.time_to_die>45&combo_points=5&buff.slice_and_dice.remains<12)&buff.deep_insight.down)
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=adrenaline_rush
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=killing_spree,if=(energy<40|(buff.bloodlust.up&time<10)|buff.bloodlust.remains>20)&(!talent.shadow_reflection.enabled|cooldown.shadow_reflection.remains>30|buff.shadow_reflection.remains>3)
    actions+=/marked_for_death,if=combo_points<=1&dot.revealing_strike.ticking&(!talent.shadow_reflection.enabled|buff.shadow_reflection.up|cooldown.shadow_reflection.remains>30)
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=generator,if=combo_points<5|!dot.revealing_strike.ticking|(talent.anticipation.enabled&anticipation_charges<3&buff.deep_insight.down)
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=finisher,if=combo_points=5&dot.revealing_strike.ticking&(buff.deep_insight.up|!talent.anticipation.enabled|(talent.anticipation.enabled&anticipation_charges>=3))

actions.adrenaline_rush=adrenaline_rush,if=target.time_to_die>=44
    actions.adrenaline_rush+=/adrenaline_rush,if=target.time_to_die<44&(buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_agi.react|trinket.proc.any.react|trinket.stacking_proc.any.react)
    actions.adrenaline_rush+=/adrenaline_rush,if=target.time_to_die<=buff.adrenaline_rush.duration*1.5

actions.finisher=death_from_above
    actions.finisher+=/eviscerate,if=(!talent.death_from_above.enabled|cooldown.death_from_above.remains)

actions.generator=revealing_strike,if=(combo_points=4&dot.revealing_strike.remains<7.2&(target.time_to_die>dot.revealing_strike.remains+7.2)|(target.time_to_die<dot.revealing_strike.remains+7.2&ticks_remain<2))|!ticking
    actions.generator+=/sinister_strike,if=dot.revealing_strike.ticking

actions.killing_spree=killing_spree,if=target.time_to_die>=44
    actions.killing_spree+=/killing_spree,if=target.time_to_die<44&buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_agi.react&buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_agi.remains>=buff.killing_spree.duration
    actions.killing_spree+=/killing_spree,if=target.time_to_die<44&trinket.proc.any.react&trinket.proc.any.remains>=buff.killing_spree.duration
    actions.killing_spree+=/killing_spree,if=target.time_to_die<44&trinket.stacking_proc.any.react&trinket.stacking_proc.any.remains>=buff.killing_spree.duration
    actions.killing_spree+=/killing_spree,if=target.time_to_die<=buff.killing_spree.duration*1.5

head=felblade_hood,id=124263,bonus_id=567
    neck=choker_of_the_great_betrayer,id=124210,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5318
    shoulders=felblade_spaulders,id=124274,bonus_id=567
    back=cloak_of_tangible_dread,id=124135,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5311
    chest=felblade_chestguard,id=124248,bonus_id=567
    wrists=terrorweave_wristwraps,id=127982,bonus_id=567
    hands=felfinger_runegloves,id=124254,bonus_id=567
    waist=waistwrap_of_banishment,id=124276,bonus_id=567
    legs=felblade_leggings,id=124269,bonus_id=567
    feet=oppressors_merciless_treads,id=124251,bonus_id=567
    finger1=maalus_the_blood_drinker,id=124636,enchant_id=5325
    finger2=portal_key_signet,id=124189,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5325
    trinket1=bleeding_hollow_toxin_vessel,id=124520,bonus_id=567
    trinket2=mirror_of_the_blademaster,id=124224,bonus_id=567
    main_hand=demonblade_eviscerator,id=124368,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5337
    off_hand=demonblade_eviscerator,id=124368,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5337

Change log:
    20150623: Updated Subtlety to pool to max before dance, switched to double dagger. Also added Alchemy trinket to trinket lists.
    20150805: Thanks largely to the work of gahdo, profiles reverted to standard until improvements can be found.
    20150909: Updated race data, readded custom combat profile as it's outperforming
    - Added assassination profile back (note: using standard profiles for AoE still)
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-09-09 at 10:48 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Subtlety says:
    race=troll
    role=blood elf

Combat uses deadly?
    Why do you use the level 90 bufffood?

BTW: I keep criticizing you're results... I just wanna say thank you for doing this
    Last edited by Feali; 2014-10-02 at 04:05 PM.

Heh, nice catch on the sub profile, doesn't effect much, updating in a sec.
    Level 100 food doesn't appear to be implemented yet.
    Combat will automatically assume deadly => instant.
    I am the lucid dream

Is the CT perk for assassination implemented in SimC yet? I'm curious as to what maintaining a 1 cp CT DoT would do.

Edit: CT when combo points is 1 and CT dot is not on the target. I would try it myself but I'm at work right now.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2014-10-02 at 11:11 PM.

You have L90 results as well or would those roughly be the same?

I guess these are all outdated already, took blizz 1 day to change everything, nerf BF, buf CT, buf Evis and Envenom and buf Backstab and Ambush a little wich reduced the power of the massive overnerf to sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Is the CT perk for assassination implemented in SimC yet? I'm curious as to what maintaining a 1 cp CT DoT would do.

Edit: CT when combo points is 1 and CT dot is not on the target. I would try it myself but I'm at work right now.
    I went ahead and tested this. I could not find any set of parameters that put CT as a single target dps increase (phew).
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2014-10-04 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post

I haven't checked the source code yet, but using the TCI I could find no way of getting SimC to recognise the debuff that gets applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    You have L90 results as well or would those roughly be the same?
    I do, but their pretty broken, I haven't spent any time trying to fine tune anything in them either. I'm pretty ill at the moment, so I won't be doing anything until next week at the earliest, but it shouldn't be too hard for anyone else to give a go.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I guess these are all outdated already, took blizz 1 day to change everything, nerf BF, buf CT, buf Evis and Envenom and buf Backstab and Ambush a little wich reduced the power of the massive overnerf to sub.
    I'll update it all on Monday, more sleep required!
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    It's pretty cool that crit is good for a change. Can somebody explain to me why it's so much better now then previous expansions though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underz View Post
    It's pretty cool that crit is good for a change. Can somebody explain to me why it's so much better now then previous expansions though?
    For Assassination it's mainly the new 2pc.

Deleted
    But crit was also coming out strong in PVP sets too, that with the fact that its been inflated for the other specs must mean its something else surely?

I believe that crit is stronger because mutilate and dispatch make up a larger portion of our damag now. Haste isn't as good because the legendary cloak and meta are gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) It's not, really. Crit has been valuable (for assassination, in particular) in the past (see this expansion) - with the notable point that, if you look far enough back, poisons used to not crit for the same bonus damage as abilities.

2) Before looking at bonuses, there's just the fact that complex interactions of numbers change values. If you're current DPS is 100 (at 0% haste), and you add 10% haste, you don't necessarily do 110 DPS - and if you do, there's no guarantee that the next 10% haste will cause you to do 120 DPS. It's not the exponential gain of ArPen calculations (each point is worth more the closer you come to 100% with no % scaling) and still tends towards a balance of stats as one becomes further ahead, but it's hardly 2.1A = 10H = 4.3C = 5.28M or something like that (random variables). Any small changes made (like if the balance for # of crit rating -> 1% crit vs. the # of haste rating -> 1% haste) is changed, the resulting formula changes with it, before looking at a specific gear set.

3) Agi crit went away, unless I haven't been paying enough attention to patch notes. This is basically analogous to simply having hugely less crit rating by default.

4) Temporary buffs (like set bonuses) influence value, as do altered circumstances (like time on target). Which way stats are altered by circumstance, I can't say offhand, but it's an influence which may affect your PvP settings.

What we're left with is that, at the total character stats being simmed, crit currently provides more DPS per point. That may or may not hold true as stats increase.

Kinda rambled a bit in this post, but hopefully the meaning is clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    3) Agi crit went away, unless I haven't been paying enough attention to patch notes. This is basically analogous to simply having hugely less crit rating by default.
    Critical Strikes Is pretty much the substitute for that. And it's probably the reason why crit is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Critical Strikes Is pretty much the substitute for that. And it's probably the reason why crit is so good.
    We also get a 5% base crit on top of that. Crit will be a little higher early on in exp and a lot lower in the later exp.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-10-05 at 02:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    How would that be a reason why crit is good? In doesnt provide any kind of scaling towards crit rating.

1)
    exponential gain of ArPen calculations
    To be pedantic, armor penetration was not exponential. It was actually *steeper* than exponential. An exponential curve has no upper bound in either the domain or range. A vertical asymptote has an upper bound in the domain (this would be 100% armor penetration, the dps rises VERY steeply near this point). Armor penetration was actually a vertical asymptote (the value took the basic form of k / [1 - x], an exponential curve takes the form of e^x). To explain this better: an exponential curve shows a CONSTANT relative improvement. In other words the absolute dps gain of each point increases as you increase the stat, but the relative gain is constant.

An exponential stat would look like this:
    100 stat > 100 dps
    110 stat > 110 dps
    120 stat > 121 dps
    130 stat > 133 dps

a vertically asymptotic stat (armor pen) with say a cap of 150 and a k-value of 1 would look something like this:
    100 stat > 100 dps
    110 stat > 125 dps
    120 stat > 167 dps
    130 stat > 250 dps

Actually at start of expansion gear (maybe pre-raid gear), you'll have more crit than you did in MoP. Agi doesn't give crit anymore, but agi specs get 10% crit buff and 5% crit baseline, so we're at 15% crit with no crit from gear, so we'll have more crit in blues in WoD than we did in MoP.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-10-05 at 03:11 AM.

Forgive me if I have missed something but why isn't versatility included in any of the sims?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    Forgive me if I have missed something but why isn't versatility included in any of the sims?
    It's universally not a great stat and not including it reduces the run time.

But crit was also coming out strong in PVP sets too, that with the fact that its been inflated for the other specs must mean its something else surely?
    One thing that a lot of people may have missed is early in beta Blizzard nerfed the stat conversion rate of haste from 80 to 100. On live haste is 425 rating for 1% and crit is 600 rating for 1% so even if the relative values of 1% haste was equal to 1% crit haste would be more dps per rating point. In WoD the conversion is 100 rating for 1% haste and 110 rating for 1% crit this will increase the value of crit relative to the value of haste quite dramatically even with no changes to the stat value.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet