Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    Now, you tell me, how much of a nerf is that?.
    A good one.

You are an idiot.
    Resulting to personal attacks doesn't exactly help your cause.

Disc was roughly on par with Druid in the last testing. Disc has received a further 10% buff. Druids have had their Treants nerfed to ~16% the strength they were in that testing. According to everyone around the internet, Treants were doing "30%" of a druids healing. Now, you tell me, how much of a nerf is that?
    Source for logs of Disc being on par with Druids prior to this, please? (I haven't seen any but that doesn't mean they don't exist and, if they do, I'd love to study them! )
    Also, this is probably my bad, but I'm only seeing Force of Nature being nerfed by 50% spellpower? The only remotely recent change that I can see prior to that was this HUGE buff...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Force of Nature now heals for 327.3% of Spell Power, up from 66.1% of Spell Power.
    Which is now, obviously, down to our current version of...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Force of Nature healing now scales with 163.6% of Spell Power, down from 327%.
    Last edited by SonsofDisaster; 2014-10-05 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

You should disregard anything they list about FON. They don't know what they are doing.

After the buff, the Treants were using the actual Druid spell Healing Touch, minus 10% from the Healing Passive. This is probably more than they intended (and clearly a bug). In a later build, the next one I think, they magically were doing a THIRD of the healing they were previously, with no notes (probably what they intended originally). They went from 18k healing on my leveled Druid to 6k. They then implemented this nerf which halved that. They now do 3k healing, down from 18k. Which is probably worse than they were before the original buff (a Treant on Beta right now does as much healing in its entire duration as ONE of 6-7 heals during the last testing). Either way the talent is completely dead.

Even in that state, on any semi-stacked fights Discipline could easily trump Druids IF THE TANKS WERE NOT TAKING A LOT OF DAMAGE (Treants healed the SHIT out of tanks). I can tell you on Beastlord going from 1 Warrior tank and 1 Pally tank to 2 Warrior tanks nerfed my healing as a Druid by 5-10k per pull, while Disc was entirely unaffected.
    Last edited by ThePlanckEnergy; 2014-10-05 at 12:14 AM.

OK, that makes sense. It does sound like the original healing from FON was *probably* a bug and it sucks that fixing it gutted the healing from that talent *so* much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Is the Discipline passive still in the game? That's an additional +10% to healing.

edit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=6

"Discipline
    Discipline (New) Increases healing and absorption done by 10%. Priest - Discipline Spec."

I would say the fact that it's not found means it was removed, but back when this was current the page also wasn't available, so...
    I think it was baked into grace. Grace was 8% and they added a 10% modifier then they made it a 20% modifier, which is roughly equal to 8% multiplied by 10%.

Ok, there seems to be a bug on beta atm where if you copy a character with Glyph of Holy Nova and then you remove the glyph, there's no way to cast Holy Nova. Please test and report on US forums, because we Europeans are second class citizens.

Deleted
    CONGRATULATIOSN DISCLIPLINE PRIESTS.

Your insane, unreasonable whining HAS DONE IT AGAIN. Even though you are ALREADY the best Healer in the beta (the only healer who could compete was a Resto Druid with broke Treants, that now heal for a SIXTH of what they were during the last testing), you just got a HUGE buff. A completely unjustified buff.

With the lowest level of gear that will be available in the entire expansion, Disc was ALREADY the best healer in the game with 60%+ of their healing coming from Absorbs (mostly from one instant cast spell). You are so far ahead of everyone else now at this gear level, once you actually get gear it will be as bad or worse than it is now in MOP. CONGRATS. Your whining has done it again.

So much for "reigning" in absorbs, eh? The Devs of this game are COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOTS. I suppose what did it this time was "WAAAAAH SCALED TO LEVEL 95 AND ILVL 500 MY DISC PRIEST SUCKS PLS FIX." Who cares about raid testing data anyway? I'm just holding my breath for when they bump the passive to 60% hours before 6.0.

Wow. Salty as hell.

You were wrong though, discs weren't the best healers in the beta. It has always been druids. Thanks to the recent changes though, we were put just under them which was a nice change of pace considering we did no healing until that point.

I'm not saying we deserved this buff at all because frankly, we didn't really need it in my opinion but who knows, maybe it will get reverted before 6.0 happens.

You need to stop getting so angry though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    You were wrong though, discs weren't the best healers in the beta. It has always been druids. Thanks to the recent changes though, we were put just under them which was a nice change of pace considering we did no healing until that point.
    And, surprise surprise, that guy mains druid, judging by his other posts.

Seems he's just buttfrustrated that Druid is no longer the best healer by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And, surprise surprise, that guy mains druid, judging by his other posts.

Seems he's just buttfrustrated that Druid is no longer the best healer by far.

Yeah I guess so. Not really sure why he's so angry though, druids are (were?) in a good place. At least the last time I tested mythic. It's a huge improvement from the state of druids at the beginning of mop!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    Not really sure why he's so angry though, druids are (were?) in a good place. At least the last time I tested mythic. It's a huge improvement from the state of druids at the beginning of mop!
    See, the thing is, when Discipline is overpowered, it doesn't matter how viable the other healers are. 5.4 druids and shamans are also very good right now; they just happen to magically become worthless when healing together with a Disc priest. Overpowered raw healing is at least possible to compete against; overpowered absorbs aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrianis View Post
    See, the thing is, when Discipline is overpowered, it doesn't matter how viable the other healers are. 5.4 druids and shamans are also very good right now; they just happen to magically become worthless when healing together with a Disc priest. Overpowered raw healing is at least possible to compete against; overpowered absorbs aren't.
    Except, Disc's absorbs are not "overpowered" anymore.

A lot of the "OP" parts of Disc have been gutted in WoD:

-No more blanketing the raid in Spirit Shell by using PoH (PoH's mana cost is through the roof)
    -No more insanely OP level 90 talents (they heal for barely anything in beta)
    -No more Atonement (heals for even less than the level 90 talents)

The only absorb that comes close to "OP" is PW:S, and only because it's still semi-spammable, and absorbs for a decent amount.

You must be truly terrible at this game.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, I don't think ONE Disc Priest will be able to completely shut everyone else out (AT PROGRESSION ILVL - with gear we'll see... lol, or we'll just suicide first). They will still be the strongest heaelr though. Any more than one, and there's no reason most raid comps aren't going to run 2-3 (2 is all but a given), and it will be just as miserable as Siege on farm after the ilvl boosts.

Close it all down guys, we can't argue against this.

What a compelling argument.

Just ignore the haters/ranters and such, guys. And don't try to reason with them. Just keep going like the post never came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    I think it was baked into grace. Grace was 8% and they added a 10% modifier then they made it a 20% modifier, which is roughly equal to 8% multiplied by 10%.
    I was still around when Grace became 20% so most likely it is still there.
    I really detest their new tendency to make a mess out of that spell-leaflet. It used to be an useful listing of all spells and effects where you could see at first glance the differences between specs. Now everything is buried inside of tooltips that hide half their content depending on spec -- and that is if there even is a symbol to tack the tooltip onto.
    And the hiding of buffs is no better; Before when you hit a mage and sometimes suddenly became snared and sometimes you didn't you could look at their buffs and see 'oh he has frost-armor up' now you are left hanging... things just happen and the game does not tell you why and how anymore, allengendly because it would confuse people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Just ignore the haters/ranters and such, guys. And don't try to reason with them. Just keep going like the post never came up.
    ?
    What post?

Deleted
    What's funny is that I've never seen any priest coming into druid's (or any other class) forums when we were weak. Maybe because we know it's irrelevant to post here and if we have issues about some other healers' spell, we post it to Blizzard instead of qqing everywhere...

Guess our community is more mature.

Anyway, I doubt it will stay like that. 1 major advantage about having a braindead spec is that that kind of spell (grace) can easily be tuned down anytime...

Edit : I'm sorry I don't want to spit on the whole druid community. The fact that you have 1 spoiled child doesn't mean that everyone is like that, so I apologize

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most, if not all specs have a "tuning knob" for damage/healing that Blizzard can just change at any time to nerf/buff the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure most, if not all specs have a "tuning knob" for damage/healing that Blizzard can just change at any time to nerf/buff the spec.
    Yes of course, it is a good idea to have such a thing.
    Having some hidden buff turned up to 30% when the expansion didn't even go live yet however is not.
    It speaks of poor design to have two specs which share spells and one of them needs an extra 30% blanket buff (on top of the other 10% one).

How does Grace work on beta? Its not the good ol 3 stacks grace or?