Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Claws of Shirvallah?

Good Morning Fellow Druids,

So I recently have had a hard time picking which alt to make my main for the new expansion. I was currently planning on it being my hunter but yesterday was the first I heard of this new level 100 talent. Now this talent is beyond amazing and had me reconsidering making feral my main but from my understanding compared to the other two talents it will be a dps lose for pve which is my concern. How much of a dps lose will it be if I pick this talent and also how are feral shaping up in the expansion so far? Thank you for your time and answers!

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I have seen on the sims - feral is pretty high up in terms of dps.

From what I understand they are somewhat close but bloodtalons is still #1. The upside of claws, at least to me, is that it frees up your healing touch to be used as utility when you need it instead of as part of your offensive rotation. If you want to use your healing touch to help not topped off raid members, which is what I use it for, then you really can't take bloodtalons because it might turn out to be a dps loss since you aren't using it to its fullest and might end up buffing a shred.

Feral as a spec is pretty strong on single target. Last sim they were like 5th or 6th overall. That is a sim though so take that with a grain of salt.

With bleeds nerfed and mastery quite low on our stat priority list Claws should be okay for an alt unless you're planning on doing early progression with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless you are a flawless player of unimpeachable talent and skill, i'd generally the passive choice for the alt-player. the ease and flexibility of CoS outweigh the potential of dps increase of BT if you can't actually reach that potential.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by whitewillsmith View Post
    Good Morning Fellow Druids,

So I recently have had a hard time picking which alt to make my main for the new expansion. I was currently planning on it being my hunter but yesterday was the first I heard of this new level 100 talent. Now this talent is beyond amazing and had me reconsidering making feral my main but from my understanding compared to the other two talents it will be a dps lose for pve which is my concern. How much of a dps lose will it be if I pick this talent and also how are feral shaping up in the expansion so far? Thank you for your time and answers!
    Claws is a dps loss, and you can look at simcraft to see how much. However, blood talons cannot always be pulled off (depending on skill and fight). As far as dps goes, on Sims it is in the top 10 at lvl 100 for single target, but there are a lot of add fights. They are in a bad spot for the last month of 6.0 though.

As far as fun goes - I personally think it is a lot better than hunter. I was debating between my hunter, warrior and druid and druid won out. There is a lot more to do, and healing the raid when your energy is low is awesome (rejuv usable in cat form).

Kind of depends, we'll have to see it play out. As it stands (live) DoC is a dps increase over HotW but I know a lot of ferals that take HotW (myself included) over DoC because for the tranq cooldown. Claws vs. Bloodtalons could be similar, but then again you have to consider that mythic raiding will be 20 people so you'll have more access to cooldowns as opposed to MoP which generally people ran in 10m raiding guilds and had fewer big cooldowns. I think it comes down to what your guild needs you to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by sayne9 View Post
    From what I understand they are somewhat close but bloodtalons is still #1. The upside of claws, at least to me, is that it frees up your healing touch to be used as utility when you need it instead of as part of your offensive rotation. If you want to use your healing touch to help not topped off raid members, which is what I use it for, then you really can't take bloodtalons because it might turn out to be a dps loss since you aren't using it to its fullest and might end up buffing a shred.

Feral as a spec is pretty strong on single target. Last sim they were like 5th or 6th overall. That is a sim though so take that with a grain of salt.
    I always have my healing touch macroed to hit target of target, so it almost always hits the tank while raiding. Should be far more useful in WoD with the move away from having to be at 100% health at all times.

It all depends on your own skill.

Having to use healing touch for rotation or for raid healing is a choice we have to make.
    Still i'm not sure if blood talons is even better if your comparing the passive bonus of claws vs the need to cast healing touch prio to using rake ect.
    It's going to depend on skill and on the fight itself.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

still no female shirvallah form D:
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    still no female shirvallah form D:
    Still no updated Moonkin form or female Daemon form.

Boomkin at least got Glyph of Stars, which is superior imo.

Updated Demon Form and Shrivallah needs to happen.

But probably wont. Ever.

Sigh
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Still no updated Moonkin form or female Daemon form.
    warlock's demon form is by far the most needed of a female version, most other ones are ok as gender neutral, but demon form is undeniably male.

They will undoubtedly be tuned pretty close by the time WoD releases, but one always sims higher even if it's by like 0.0001% so the guides will tell you to pick that one. In reality you should just test them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undeniably, BT will grant the greatest potential damage, CoS will undeniably be the worst, but the one that will likely be the safe go to is LI. The maintenance of an extra DoT that will hit almost as hard as Rake will be a good single target increase (amazing multi-target increase) and will allow for error much more than BT. I will personally be taking LI on all fights except for pure single target fights where I will be taking BT.

How much of a dps loss are we talking about if I pick claws?

10+ Year Old Account
    claws is a pvp talent

10+ Year Old Account
    If you pick claws, you're looking at roughly a 2-3k dps loss at level 100. Which is pretty significant depending on your philosophy in game. If you don't care about damage then, CoS will be fine, but if you min/max at all, CoS will be totally abandoned in every situation.

Deleted
    LI looks really strong also as it has nice synergy with HotW.

Looks like it could be sick on multi target damage fights where u have a phase to pop HotW and spam MF and put up multi rips!!

I wonder on shorter fights if it might be better than BT on single target for the 45s of buffed MF to be more damage.

With probably 2 cycles possible in most other fights would also be interesting to see when fitting two HotW in would achieve in terms of overall damage.
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2014-10-10 at 03:54 PM.