Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Thank you very much.

What glyph is everyone planning on taking since Glyph of Cleave will not be available until WoD releases?

Anyone know if armor enchants (old world armor kits and BC enchants) work just like BA on gear? If so, then yeaaaaaa - fun times ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by Elera View Post
    Anyone know if armor enchants (old world armor kits and BC enchants) work just like BA on gear? If so, then yeaaaaaa - fun times ensue.
    They do, but the highest you can get is Thick Armor Kit which gives you +4 bonus armor. Not really sure how that compares to other enchants. Maybe best for chest? Not sure what else there is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rayfoxii View Post
    They do, but the highest you can get is Thick Armor Kit which gives you +4 bonus armor. Not really sure how that compares to other enchants. Maybe best for chest? Not sure what else there is right now.
    Ah, my mistake. I thought they had been overlooked and would keep the same values. Ie. 42 armor on a rugged armor kit. Shucks.

Uhm can i ask something and i dont want to sound noobish :/ but where are my sunder armors :O

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Uhm can i ask something and i dont want to sound noobish :/ but where are my sunder armors :O
    You really need to read the OP. Many spells and abilities have been pruned out of the game to reduce clutter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    You really need to read the OP. Many spells and abilities have been pruned out of the game to reduce clutter.
    Speaking of which, I should probably update the OP. Not sure it's that worth it now, considering where we are in the expansion cycle.

Had significant issue's with Garrosh last night. The loss of tank dps and disrupting shout hurt. I went with a high haste build and SD, my damage was okay but of course wasn't nearly as overwhelming as it used to be on that fight. I think i'm going to switch to a heavy mastery build and solo tank the encounter tonight.

Deleted
    I personally went with crit and heavy repercussions and had no issues really. The adds in the Jade Temple phase never cast their abilities and the MC's (due to only being 2) were just cleaved down with a bit of single for interrupts. In the end we killed Garrosh in roughly the same time as pre patch after the first but not second hotfix. I would recommend using 2 Tanks for it however due to the explosions hurting quite a lot in phase 3. It is still possible to push him without getting a terrace phase

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    I personally went with crit and heavy repercussions and had no issues really. The adds in the Jade Temple phase never cast their abilities and the MC's (due to only being 2) were just cleaved down with a bit of single for interrupts. In the end we killed Garrosh in roughly the same time as pre patch after the first but not second hotfix. I would recommend using 2 Tanks for it however due to the explosions hurting quite a lot in phase 3. It is still possible to push him without getting a terrace phase
    Killed it last night, exact same experience when it came to the MC's and Jade Temple. It is stupidly easy now though, and I do mean stupidly.... We didn't even get to the 4th malice and what not... And i'm talking a PUG openraid.eu group.. not some actual proper players (we also had three hunters which currently really do great DPS.... :x).

As for the 1st transition we just went Group 1 & 2 Left, Group 3 & 4 right, we didnt split anything up other than that.... I won't be clearing SoO again atleast it's silly in it's current state. (I might try and find a 13/14 group though, just for a shot at the heirloom shield )

From a survival standpoint, is a crit heavy build with mastery thrown in on the side good?

ive been using glyph of unending rage, thunder clap, and charge just cus

I would recommend using 2 Tanks for it however due to the explosions hurting quite a lot in phase 3.

My group 1 tanked him and 3 healed, and we found that we had so much DPS and that his health was so low that we only got 4 tank stacks before he phased, and only 2 Malice casts. He died at the end of the first bombardment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    From a survival standpoint, is a crit heavy build with mastery thrown in on the side good?

Yes. I'm personally doing Crit>Strength>Mastery, and seeing very good results.

Deleted
    Was that prior to the -33% hotfix or after though?

As for Crit being viable I think it certainly is due to getting 1:1 parry with crit and while tank DPS isn't what it used to be it is still important. A high rage generating build also lends itself very well to the active mitigation playstyle so until I get a feel for what may be better, this is what I'll be most likely running with

After recent nerfs I doubt we can check anything as bosses dies in 30-40secs now.. On wed tho, when it was okish I went full Crit with Crit/Mastery in blues. Damage was very small and my rage regen was fairly decent to fill gaps between SB.

Is their a prot warrior equivilent to a site like sacred duty?that site for pallies? big time theory crafting etc? I know mmo has some, but it's not quite the same . I enjoy reading things that give me headaches over lunch some days :P.
    Last edited by yamilonewolf; 2014-10-18 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    Is their a prot warrior equivilent to a site like sacred duty?that site for pallies? big time theory crafting etc? I know mmo has some, but it's not quite the same . I enjoy reading things that give me headaches over lunch some days :P.
    This sounds like a project I should undertake and get going, possibly over the holidays

This sounds like a project I should undertake and get going, possibly over the holidays
    Eddy will save us.

10+ Year Old Account

I would love to contribute to something like this.

GM of <Top Shelf> on Sargeras