Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Defensive spec = top dps spec?

Are u fucking kidding me?

Please guys.... Dont tell me that Gladiator is going to be this tier top dps spec as a warrior for single target?

Ive think its fine and all that the spec is competitive, but not freaking top spec... and there is a drop for like 5K dps if u gonna choose to play fury?!?! woot?!?!?

Blizzard is going to ruin my gameplay if u want me to play warrior with a shield - and im not playing any other classes... "CRYING"

blizzard always tryes to ballance eatch spec/class, if its realy as bad as you claim :d. it will be nerfed, or other specs buffed.

Stop your crying and relax , overpowerd things never stay for to long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgee View Post
    Are u fucking kidding me?

Please guys.... Dont tell me that Gladiator is going to be this tier top dps spec as a warrior for single target?

Ive think its fine and all that the spec is competitive, but not freaking top spec... and there is a drop for like 5K dps if u gonna choose to play fury?!?! woot?!?!?

Blizzard is going to ruin my gameplay if u want me to play warrior with a shield - and im not playing any other classes... "CRYING"
    What sim are you basing this on?

All the sims have varied alot, for each new patch on the beta.. So I would take them with a grain of salt.

Ye oh noe, since so many fights are pure singletarget... sky is falling yadayada
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Deleted
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.htmlyeah i hope its bullshit... cause i really dont wanna play a furious warrior with a shield... its kinda gay!! omg i hope u guys are right...

- - - Updated - - -

Well still gonna suck that u have to play gladiator on those few single target fights just to be competitive... they should make atleast one old dps spec just as good, so ppl can choose....

when they ballance feral/balance so close, why the fuck cant they do the same with arm/fury and gladiator?!?!

Gladiator has to be higher for single target since its AOE is absolute dogshit compared to the other two spec. Arms and Fury will be in front of Gladiator 90% of the time (IE. whenever there are adds).

15+ Year Old Account
    Glad aoe isn't great and it doesn't bring a raid cd which means it'll probably miss the raidspot in mythic progress.

Deleted
    Regarding your thread title: Gladiator is not a defensive spec.

As far as damage is concerned, the others have responded to that already, Glad will generally do lower damage than the other damage specs.

Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you

10+ Year Old Account
    Something tells me there aren't going to be many Patchwerk fights where Gladiator's single-target focus can shine in WoD outside world bosses and dungeons. Gladiator Stance was balanced to be competitive with Arms/Fury, and Blizzard's recent stance has, since Cataclysm, been that it's fine if some specs outperform others on certain fights by finding their niche; it helps the specs define themselves and keeps them from feeling too same-y. So Arms and Fury will outshine Prot-Glad in AoE fights with adds (of which there will likely be a great many, if MoP is anything to go by) while Prot-Glad will be the top dog in straight single-target tank and spanks (pun intended).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it'll matter too much since getting geared up for Glad would mean taking gear from your tanks. How will Glad be viable for someone who purely raids DPS?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I don't know if it'll matter too much since getting geared up for Glad would mean taking gear from your tanks. How will Glad be viable for someone who purely raids DPS?
    Couple ways to do it. Either you get the stuff your warrior/pally/DK tank passes on, or if your guild uses personal loot, it'll be a moot point since you're not taking gear from anyone. Or Glad Stance can be retuned after this becomes a more apparent issue to also take into account DPS gear stats on weapons and jewelery, since armor converts over based on spec.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Couple ways to do it. Either you get the stuff your warrior/pally/DK tank passes on, or if your guild uses personal loot, it'll be a moot point since you're not taking gear from anyone. Or Glad Stance can be retuned after this becomes a more apparent issue to also take into account DPS gear stats on weapons and jewelery, since armor converts over based on spec.
    If they really want it to be viable in more ways than just damage then making scale/work with DPS gear seems like a no-brainer to me.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Tgee View Post
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.htmlyeah i hope its bullshit... cause i really dont wanna play a furious warrior with a shield... its kinda gay!! omg i hope u guys are right...

- - - Updated - - -

Well still gonna suck that u have to play gladiator on those few single target fights just to be competitive... they should make atleast one old dps spec just as good, so ppl can choose....

when they ballance feral/balance so close, why the fuck cant they do the same with arm/fury and gladiator?!?!
    If you look at that sim again and see where warlocks and mages are located on the list, you should know that there is no possible way it will stay as it is. Also, if you want to complain about class/spec balance, look at hunters. Warriors are not the only class with a huge difference between specs and druids are not representative of every class having all their specs closely balanced. Mages are also all over the charts.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gladiator was not subject of nerfs because it is not available before level 100 and thus cannot be witnessed by the broad mass. Therefore, no major nerf-warriorz-pls whine-fest could ensue yet.

There will be a shitload of balancing once the majority reached 100. Worry not.

There are 1 or two pure single target fights in the first tier. AoE fights are far more common. Glad dps in aoe situations sucks

tl; dr: May a divine entity of your choice give you the patience to wait for blizzard to balance, the strength to endure the time until then and the wisdom to not make you roll away shields from tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Gladiator is a dps spec and people need to get over it. Blizzard has not indicated at any point that it will be purposely inferior to fury/arms, and it shouldn't be. It certainly has the most fun gameplay and rotation as it is. There could be any number of future tiers where it is the "best" dps spec in some situations. This tier, those will be few and far between because of its poor aoe. In 7.0, when they stop being lazy and make it its own spec, it will get some aoe and raid utility back and truly be on par with fury/arms depending on numbers tuning.

I slso think competing with tanks for gear is a non-issue. Fury and arms will be competing with tanks for everything but jewelery, trinkets, and shields anyways. Glad spec just adds a couple more pieces. Gearing tanks to the teeth before anyone else is also no longer necessary like it once was.

Edit: To make that last point even more clear, consider that traditional dps specs will compete with tanks on 10/16 slots anyways. Glad just makes it 16/16. And those extra 6 will still get filled the fastest since you're only competing against 2 other people instead of all the other strength dps. One of them will be filled by legendary ring and up to 3 others can be filled with crafted pieces if your raid leadership is really dumb enough to still dump all the gear on the tanks first.
    Last edited by omnivores; 2014-11-05 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omnivores View Post
    Gladiator is a dps spec
    No it isn't. It's a talent that's pretending to be a spec, except that it messes up tier set bonuses, can't be played for 99 levels, you can't swap stances in combat, and you have to burn a talent to have access to it at all. Its sole job is to create confusion, such as the OP's.

Blizz chose to make it not a fourth spec. Now they have to kludge everything together because of it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Blizz chose to make it not a fourth spec.
    yeah we´ll see about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

No it isn't. It's a talent that's pretending to be a spec, except that it messes up tier set bonuses, can't be played for 99 levels, you can't swap stances in combat, and you have to burn a talent to have access to it at all. Its sole job is to create confusion, such as the OP's.

Blizz chose to make it not a fourth spec. Now they have to kludge everything together because of it.
    All valid criticisms, but literal interpretation of the word "spec" aside, I was referring to all the blue posts declaring that it is intended to be a functional spec of its own, do equal damage to other dps, etc etc. In terms of numbers and design intention, however poorly implemented, it is a "dps spec."

10+ Year Old Account

You do realize Glad has its own tier set bonuses, right?
    ill probably be infracted for this post