Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ashran - What an disappointment.

So, this joke of a battleground did cost us any new battleground we might've otherwise gotten? First of all, currently there's no CRZ, so on my server it's purely Horde vs NPCs so it's a PvE thing now. Secondly, if you die and you will die when pushing the base, you get durability loss. So for some supposed PvP mob randomly charging at you and killing you in 1-2 attacks you suffer a PvP loss as if you had died during a raid each time.

Deleted
    Yeah Blizzard seems to not care about server population problems, i know. I'm one of the few alliance players left on Tarren Mill. It's impossible to even quest at Timeless Island and i have never won Tol Barad. But Blizzard thinks it's ok it seems. Doin nothing about it years later!

Deleted
    Watched the live stream of Blizzard presenting Ashran a while back ... realised it was another PvE-based PvP environment, still not stepped foot in the place.

Yet another complete waste of resources and time by Blizzard (another being the awesome garrisons).

I agree! Ashran is unplayable! Much like of the entirety of WoW though.

So terrible rofl, attack boss, afk for 10 min, because I cant do shit to him (just get 1 shot), collect 600 honor, afk for 10 minutes.
    Repeat, till your full gear.

Very fun game.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

ashran plays actually worse than tol barad. instead of pvp, its 1000 alliance and a giant tree that kill all your npcs and you in one shot. cant believe this made it out of beta. theres NOTHING to do but sit in the poorly designed hub that has nothing for you unless you can get a kill.

i can only imagine the months it took to test and create this, but i can tell you that it was not worth it.

There should be a CRZ for Ashran, so if you don't see other faction it is either bug or not enough people reaching 100 in your cluster.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Just afk 4 lootz.

Haven't heard anyone say anything good about this excuse for a "pvp" activity, other than the faction farming full gear in one day by afking. On my server there is 1:20 faction ratio, we can literally do nothing. I would faction change in a heartbeat if i didn't hate the other faction... They really need to do something about balancing server population. Not like they have cared before though.
    Last edited by Shogol; 2014-11-16 at 04:25 AM.

Deleted
    Even with balanced faction, the whole thing is a joke. It's not even a PvP zone really. First of all, you don't get grouped so healers are left to their own devices. People currently fix this by building raids manually. This has been something people have asked for on the beta realm since forever and Blizzard just ignored it. Cause f* logic.

Secondly, it's more an "PvP looking raid" than anything. The mobs hit hard, like really hard, like killing non tanks in 2-3 swings if you're lucky (and some of them oneshot you) and despite this being a PvP zone you get goddamn durability damage. There's way too many mobs also. I found a single Alliance, most likely one of the three left on my server and started fighting him, he eventually retreated and the procc from my legendary cloak (didn't get to exchange it yet) hit two random npcs. Both charged at me and dealt insane damage, while the Alliance came also back. I died and got fined the same durability loss I would've gotten in PvE also, this needs fixing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like it, don't play it.

I don't see what's difficult about understanding this concept.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

Wipe the brown off your nose it kinda stinks

Lets keep complaining so we can improve the game since clearly beta did not give enough feedback

Quote Originally Posted by thejm View Post
    Wipe the brown off your nose it kinda stinks

Lets keep complaining so we can improve the game since clearly beta did not give enough feedback
    Beta gave lots of feedback, Blizzard chose to ignore it because they wanted to rush the release.
    Not disagreeing that people should be screaming at the top of their lungs so that the changes that need to be done finally do get through, but simply pointing out that the beta testers aren't the ones to blame. The testing that was done on WoD was limited, but there was never a lack of feedback from the testers.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't even invite friends from other servers which is just...

my worst complaints that i think they need to fix urgently in ashran is the horrible imbalance and people being able to steal anyones loot. you are being punished for fighting instead of picking up insignias that give nice rewards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    You can't even invite friends from other servers which is just...
    This is my biggest problem with it.

I can't invite a buddy from another server; however, by some miracle, I can be playing alongside someone from Nemesis due to my Battlegroup. Guess which one I'd rather be playing with?

The one that speaks my language
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2014-11-16 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

I wish I did like it, not playing it is not an option cause the conquest point reward is ridiculous and not getting it is a major disadvantage. Shame it's impossible when the server is dead on one side.

Everything said here is just the tip of the iceberg. Once more ppl reach level 100, there will be tons of pre-mades and the horde will dominate Ashran much like they did in random BGs. Only now, there is a lot more benefit to rally together and control Ashran. Not saying the Alliance don't form large pre-mades, they do. The big problem is, server imbalance and population imbalance (about 3:1 Horde to Ally on PVP servers).

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Everything said here is just the tip of the iceberg. Once more ppl reach level 100, there will be tons of pre-mades and the horde will dominate Ashran much like they did in random BGs. Only now, there is a lot more benefit to rally together and control Ashran. Not saying the Alliance don't form large pre-mades, they do. The big problem is, server imbalance and population imbalance (about 3:1 Horde to Ally on PVP servers).
    Its weird that you say that about BG's etc, last time I checked the biggest pvpers are all alliance...

Anyways back to the topic, Ashran atm should be CLOSED! End of story. It should be released when the statistics are looking good. I am pretty sure its Xrealm, but ye as some people mentioned the majority of players havent got to 100 yet.

Simple solution, Shut it down for now until... that won't give players bad impressions as it does right now. Remember that if players get a bad impression of it they most likely never come back...
    I really wanna meet someone from blizzard that does the descision making and ask him why is he that bad at his job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    There should be a CRZ for Ashran, so if you don't see other faction it is either bug or not enough people reaching 100 in your cluster.
    There is no CRZ but even with CRZ it wouldn't be fixed. It's poorly balanced, the NPCs are annoying as fuck, hell there's even GODDAMN REPAIR COSTS FOR DYING AS IF IT WERE A RAID for crying out loud. Get one shot by some npc > repair costs. Alliance guy adds several npcs some of them elite during your fight > repair costs.

This is what they spend their time on? It's horrid. This is absolutely and utterly horrid. It's the worst excuse for PvP I've seen. It's not even remotely thought through and it did cost us the new BGs we used to get each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Simple solution, Shut it down for now until... that won't give players bad impressions as it does right now. Remember that if players get a bad impression of it they most likely never come back...
    I really wanna meet someone from blizzard that does the descision making and ask him why is he that bad at his job.
    More people wont fix it, that's the problem. The whole thing is bad from the get go. Them not even bothering to actually flag the NPC as PvP NPCs and removing the repair costs from them shows how little thought and care went into this abomination. Imagine doing the Grandmashall, the one that can randomly one shot the entire raid or has her blade that spawns (it's actually shown by some stuff on the ground where it will spawn but becase of too many effects you usually wont see it) cuts down loads of people. Except this time with a bunch of Alliance equally as big as the Horde raid also being there and everyone that dies gets repair costs, each death.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2014-11-16 at 06:32 AM.