Thread: PvP need help

10+ Year Old Account

PvP need help

Hi,

Now I know Shaman isn't the best in PvP, but I've been maining one since WoD (Played Holy Priest before that as main since BC). The thing is, PvE wise I'm doing perfectly fine, both Resto and Ele, reaching my sim-DPS or higher and not going OoM on Mar'gok or any other normal fight so far, nor the two first bosses on HC. I follow the tactics and execute them rather well. So I'm doing good. I could always improve, but I'm certain I'm not making that many mistakes.

The problem is, PvP.

I tried DPSing in ele for PvP for a while, together with an MM hunter. Now he is (honestly) the worst player I know, all he does is some decent DPS. The rest... Yeah, I'm basically soloing (or whatever I should even call it.. Solo-dieing?) But, he's an IRL friend and he said he'd only play if he was in my raid team. He got kicked for being bad, so instead I'm doing Arena's with him.

The problem is, okay maybe I shouldn't be having a bad partner with me who, after I explain still doesn't CC or whatever, but even then, not in any way or shape am I capable of killing any class in a 1v1 fight either, and I'm wearing full PvP gear (honour).

So I'd like to know, is there any way I can actually do decently? Because my DPS is... mediocre at best, but I just die so easily and I can't even do anything. Capacitor totem? Yeah, often I say "these guys are terrible" because they actually don't attack it or move from it, then get stunned from it. This is a moment for me to heal up, but no bother, I already died by then.

In fact, right now I'm on rating 500, which is a big embarrassment, especially knowing I reached 2.203 last season on my Fury Warrior alt.

I tried Resto as well, I can survive against few classes, but anything else.. I just die too easily. There's always a stun, an interrupt and whatever, so I avoid hardcasting. Funnily, I can still fake-cast and let them fail an interrupt, but the other guy got a second one, so another fake-cast, and the first one just stuns me instead. Yeah, didn't get anything out of that.
    I keep myself up using Unleash Life and Riptide. Sometimes I stun them, I can heal myself, and there we go again. I can't even focus on damaging a little bit. A flame shock, yeah, and that's it or I know I'm just dead.

I must be doing something horribly wrong when I can't beat people on rating 500. Please, I'm nearly begging you guys, someone give me some advice on how a Shaman works in PvP because I'm actually about to just give up PvP-wise... And I love my Shaman too much. The thing is... I still want that 660 gear from the Conquest vendors, but so far I got 1 win (Yeah, there was only enemy who joined so I could actually control him) and 18 losses. I can't take this misery and embarrassment Surely, there must be something I can do other than find a new partner since that's no option.

If there's any advice, I'd love to hear it, any advice at all will do either ele or resto.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

No, you're going to get hamblasted as ele in 2's. As a Frost Dk, me or my rogue/ret/gladiator stance partner go OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHAMAN and know we've won instantly. In 2's your only hope is to go resto and find yourself someone who's extremely skilled at peeling. Find a decent partner and pray to god you come across 30+ lackluster teams in a row you can beat to 2200+, but shamans, even with a sick partner, really struggle in 2's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played (and won) a few games in 2's and your only hope is finding someone who's really good at peeling and putting the enemy on the defensive. Death Knights and Warriors do this well, but I've found my best partner to be a Paladin due to his hands (Freedom, Sacrifice, Protection) - survive that initial burst and you'll be able to win the match so long as it's not Retribution/Feral or any other double hybrid composition you're playing against. Retribution/Elemental's been a decent composition ever since Cataclysm, IIRC.

We're pretty broken but there is some light at the tunnel, we just have to play with classes who can pick us up when we go down.

Deleted
    while i just did my weekly cap, i did enhance/feral. none of us are really in to arena. im more of a rbg/bg guy, but we still rekt most of the teams. purge is just so strong in 2s and you got decent survival when you team with a feral since you put so much preasure on their team they cant allways go offensive. played maybe 15 games, won 13 or so the first time we tried it. LOW RATING THO, since we just capped..

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, you'll have to wait for the next major patch to come out, as Elemental in this state can't be fixed in PvP just by upping numbers.

Do note that today's hotfixes buffed Lava Burst damage in PvP combat, so anything helps at this point.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I genuinely can't tell if this is a real post or something out of Monty Python sketch! Its like a Country Western Song in which your horse dies, your wife runs off with your best friend and you dog leaves you!

I have a suggestion you play MM and your friend can...errrr...cheer?

PvP wise stay away from DPS Shaman...So keep your ele for PvE and play something else for PvP...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I genuinely can't tell if this is a real post or something out of Monty Python sketch! Its like a Country Western Song in which your horse dies, your wife runs off with your best friend and you dog leaves you!

I have a suggestion you play MM and your friend can...errrr...cheer?

PvP wise stay away from DPS Shaman...So keep your ele for PvE and play something else for PvP...
    I love that post and I'm so quoting that!

On topic: Aye.. going resto now.. Got 2 wins and that's it, in quite a lot of games. Ahh the horror! xD
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt