Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you looked up the definition of 'a piece of shit' in the dictionary it would be ashran.

Deleted
    everytime I log in with joy because it's arena Cap day.

Only to realise I have to get 200 points from the worst place in the World... of warcraft...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    The their day on my server Kronus wouldn't even move, we summoned him and he just sat there while alliance farmed us on the bridge.
    We just had Kronus, he started moving to the next point after it was taking, then always lagging one point behind it. Eventually the Alliance managed to pull him back eventually with a single tank easily tanking him. Meanwhile Fangraal happily reset several times over and his AoE and adds are just insane.

Currently Kronus seems to do exactly one thing, auto attack. He's supposed to also do a channeled AoE (which means he wont auto attack during that time) which is easily kicked. Just look at Fangraal and compare that to Fangraal who hits just as hard if not harder, whom's AoE is instant and will root/heavily damage everyone and spawns a bunch of adds who tank both Kronus and the Horde NPCs.

As soon as the Alliance manages to get up Fangraal, it's basically instant victory for them. And Blizzard doesn't seem intent on fixing anything whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assram sucks. Went in on my druid, got randomly 1 shot by kronus aoe. What idiot designed this place?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Assram sucks. Went in on my druid, got randomly 1 shot by kronus aoe. What idiot designed this place?
    Trollinka.

You know what's cool? Having to wait in a 1 hour + queue to buy conquest gear. That or running straight to the guy and quickly buying the peice you need before it kicks you out of Ashran. Good job Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    You know what's cool? Having to wait in a 1 hour + queue to buy conquest gear. That or running straight to the guy and quickly buying the peice you need before it kicks you out of Ashran. Good job Blizzard!
    Too bad you didn't know about the conquest vendors they added outside Ashran.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Too bad you didn't know about the conquest vendors they added outside Ashran.
    Hmm...didn't know that. I knew they added the honor one a couple weeks ago but haven't heard about the conquest vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    Hmm...didn't know that. I knew they added the honor one a couple weeks ago but haven't heard about the conquest vendors.
    Right near the entrances to Ashran proper (along with another honor vendor standing right nearby). These were added when the PvP season started.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I am on Bleeding Hollow US and its relatively balanced. Probably as well as it can be. Alliance wins the majority of the time but that feels like it's more due to Fangraal being better than Tectus. Alliance does have more pvp guilds, but they aren't always around (though ofc do win when they have premades but can't really complain there as that's to be expected.)

As Horde we actually won once today, though that came after the Alliance killed our general and 1/2 the alliance left and other 1/2 started artifact/event farming.

Overall I just think everything would be better without Fangraal/Tectus or make them as "powerful" as ogre king. Having them on a timer would be interesting as well, them only lasting X minutes. It doesn't feel like pvp when they are there. Even with the captains it feels like pvp.
    Odd it is the polar opposite for me, this is what typical battles from Alliance side looks like;

It is just like BGs there is absolutely no semblance of balance.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2014-12-10 at 10:23 PM.

Yeah I've killed Volrath once in the past week. Cool balance :/
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? All of the Kronus vs Fangraal stuff could be eliminated really easy...

Get rid of them both. Minimize the number of NPCs. It's PVP, why do I want to be killing a boss level NPC in my PVP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Honestly? All of the Kronus vs Fangraal stuff could be eliminated really easy...

Get rid of them both. Minimize the number of NPCs. It's PVP, why do I want to be killing a boss level NPC in my PVP?
    Agree completely. The problem is it might already be too late to salvage it. People are already in the same mindset that caused them to mass block Alterac and Isle of Conquest. Stuff like this needs instant fixing before that happens. Throwing a lot of servers randomly together did not help either, long queues and then being greeted by Fangraal isn't helping people having fun.

Worst part is, if Fangraal goes down even without Kronus the Alliance gets pushed back all the way to their base in no time. Then he comes back up and solo pushes all the way to the Horde base, where eventually he gets tanked by some NPC causing him to stop resetting all the time and once he does the Horde pushes back.

The whole thing is ridiculous and Blizzard sitting on their hands instead of fixing it doesn't help.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Yeah I've killed Volrath once in the past week. Cool balance :/
    You are infinitely better than Twisting Nether both sides. We cannot kill shit.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Right near the entrances to Ashran proper (along with another honor vendor standing right nearby). These were added when the PvP season started.
    Thanks for the info. Would eliminate a lot of headaches for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I may be in the minority but I think the boss NPCs are fine and the all the guards in the bases are fine. I think just they made Ashran too small and with too many choke points. IMO a great addition would be to add smaller bases scattered around which can be controlled/claimed by both factions which would give you bonus stats or bonus rewards (rep/conquest). There is just too much bottle necking where it just turns into a massive ball of Alliance vs a massive ball of Horde.

Deleted
    Actually, I think there isn't a single ashran for any given pairing of servers at all. It's really strange, I've heard people complain about complete alliance dominance on my realm, but all I see I horde camping TremblDe. This also matches up with people reporting in this thread that Zergs disappeared into phasing right in front of them, not coming back. It totally looks like we get cycled between ashran instances all the time, unless we end up in one thats balanced.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Odd it is the polar opposite for me, this is what typical battles from Alliance side looks like;

http://i60.tinypic.com/nzqe7k.jpg

It is just like BGs there is absolutely no semblance of balance.

Don't know about US, but the so called "queue/faction balance system" here in EU is rigged.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12989589747

You should check out your situation, since US feedback is much more visible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Don't know about US, but the so called "queue/faction balance system" here in EU is rigged.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12989589747

You should check out your situation, since US feedback is much more visible.
    I've done my own little bit of research on my server in the same way he did,mans I'm getting pretty sure the queue is rigged to favour alliance players, it's like they have higher priority in the queue lol.

Oh well,according to blizzard it's fixed... Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen either side win in well over a week. That's not to say neither hasn't won it in the middle of the night or at 10 in the morning or something. But I've personally not seen either side win. Even with two raids full of players, fangral, a half dozen captains, and someone with the artifact neither side can punch through the other sides front gate for more than a few seconds before it all goes to hell from the opposite factions NPCs and several raids worth of players.

We basically swing back and forth from one faction's main gate to the others, and back again.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    can someone from outland alliance (EU) tell me what your queue times are like for ashran?