Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unyielding Strikes and the future of Glad War

Pasting this from WoW Warrior forums to try to get some input.

Hi there! I'm a new warrior (had to change when they announced Glad spec, the idea looked too cool). Let me start this by saying I will ONLY play Glad, I don't really enjoy the other specs very much. I don't have any problems with the semi recent nerfs (20% off SS and Rev). Our damage was too high...I just wish it could have been done a different way. One of the unforeseen changes that the nerf did was to weaken the "Heavy Repercussions" talent putting it 8-10% behind Unyielding Strike.

This is fine and all...if using Unyielding Strikes didn't completely ruin my raiding experience! With my current keybind setup (which is nearly impossible for me to change, I've tried) I finish raid and my wrist/forearm actually hurts from having to spam Heroic Strike so much.

For all you non-warriors out there, most specs have an APM (actions per minute) of 45-60. Pretty reasonable. Glad Wars NOT using Unyielding strikes are ~70 APM. Still completely okay, don't like Heroic Strike, don't play the HS spec. Using Unyielding Strikes APM for Glad gets to 90-95 APM. NINETY.

Throughout an entire 5 minute fight. you will have 450+ relevant keystrokes. 1/3 of which will be Heroic Strike, which for those that don't know is OFF THE GCD and has it's own CD. Often leading you to hitting 2 keys at the same time. Constantly.

To sum things up. Unyielding Strikes physically hurts me and I don't want to take a talent that is an 8-10% damage loss. I would hope that we could restore Shield Slam and Revenge to their old state and just lower the bonus damage of Glad stance by 5% (or whatever number we need to make it equal to live) or change Unyielding Strikes to possibly increase the damage of your next heroic strike by X% per stack to remove some of the button spam.

macro HS to everything, spam the button, job done.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Thanks for responding without actually reading the post. In response to what you said, forcing macros to play a spec is pretty bad design.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    Thanks for responding without actually reading the post. In response to what you said, forcing macros to play a spec is pretty bad design.
    Not sure how he didn´t read the post. You didn´t ask a question und solely wanted input. He gave you input.
    Thus I assume, that you were not seeking advice how to possibly decrease the amount of strain unyielding strikes causes your wrist. I furthermore assume, that it is your final statement (regarding the [re]buff of HR and the nerf of glad itself) you want to be discussed.
    I enjoy playing gladiator in its current state and I have always been a friend of classes with high apm count. My wrist does not hurt. The shield slam glyph nerf worries me much more then our current PvE viability.

This is my input.
    Last edited by Valech; 2014-12-13 at 10:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quick guide on how to mismanage rage.

And yes, I agree with OP here. My fingers hurt after raid, and having to track two different gcds with everything else starts to wear thin after awhile.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also as a sidenote, this is a bad idea. It will frequently and annoyingly deprave you of the 20 rage you need for the next shield charge whenever the US buff falls off and your HS suddenly eat up all your rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Not sure how he didn´t read the post.
    He responded less than 30 seconds after I posted. So I know he didn't read it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Also as a sidenote, this is a bad idea. It will frequently and annoyingly deprave you of the 20 rage you need for the next shield charge whenever the US buff falls off and your HS suddenly eat up all your rage.
    Exactly, didn't think I would have to explain this.

Yeah raiding for 4 hours as glad fucking hurts your fingers haha. I've now switched to have a macro setup using my logitech keyboard to just toggle HS spa,m on/off. Works great.

just switched from glad to fury and omg do i have time on my hand now

I've been playing a warrior since BC, and when I started tanking I noticed the need for spamming HS/Cleave (At the time you got massive rage because you got rage for taking damage) So I just bound it to my scroll wheel. Most of the the time your mouse hand is doing nothing. So why not let it use HS?

10+ Year Old Account
    get a razer naga, miles ahead of actually keybinding
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm I did for the most part, I was also being sarcastic, but most people seem to have missed that. But if you havent worked out to bind HS to a thumb button, like V or if you use a mouse with side buttons, bind it to that, then use a finger key like 1, 2, 3 to press Deva/SS/Revenge then you have problems.

I'd also suggest working on your finger and hand strength if your hand physically hurts.
    Last edited by willtron; 2014-12-14 at 12:52 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Hmm I did for the most part, I was also being sarcastic, but most people seem to have missed that. But if you havent worked out to bind HS to a thumb button, like V or if you use a mouse with side buttons, bind it to that, then use a finger key like 1, 2, 3 to press Deva/SS/Revenge then you have problems.

I'd also suggest working on your finger and hand strength if your hand physically hurts.
    Agreed I actually prefer 90 apm it keeps me engaged. If you don't like how a spec plays play a different one.

I have been having a hard time recovering from RSI both arms because of other health issues for almost a year now, and while I love playing Glad I've had to permantely shelve it because Heroic Strike just destroys my right arm with or without Unyielding Strikes. Using a Naga though to give you an idea, my left arm (from fingers to shoulder) hurts too just from using directional keys to move and shift and control to modify the Naga buttons. I enjoy Fury too though thankfully.

I greatly dislike unyielding strikes. I don't have a problem with hand pains, though the spamminess of it is not fun to me. I don't want to play arms where I have 6 seconds to do nothing most of the time but there has to be a happy medium. Especially if I'm going to be outperformed by a spec that can hit 1/3rd of the keys I do.

Unyielding Strikes is the reason I don't play Gladiator at all (Well, that and they buffed Fury.). They seriously need to change it to be a damage increase instead of a rage decrease.

Deleted
    It's their personal fuck you to heroicstrike.org and should come with the flavor text "Be careful what you wish for."

That's what I did and it works really well. I have HS bound to Dev and Rev. I also use my mouse scroll down button for HS as well for ultimatum procs.

- - - Updated - - -

My friends can read much more than what you wrote very quickly and retain all the information they read.

10+ Year Old Account
    In response to what you said, forcing macros to play a spec is pretty bad design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjafuzz View Post
    And yes, I agree with OP here [...] having to track two different gcds with everything else starts to wear thin after awhile.
    One of us, one of us...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1