Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    first I would think

Did anyone else notice a huge difference in HPS between a very good DK and others? I get over 20k HPS (ilvl 650) and other DK tanks I went with only get around 10k. The difference in the survivability is huge. They have to constantly press every cooldown and still die sometimes, while I press mine more out of boredom. But it's not only other DK tanks. I generally need ~40% less healer attention than other tanks and the ilvl difference is not that big (in both directions).
    Is good DS timing really that strong?

You'll probably want to actually fraps so it's even mildly believable that you're magically twice the HPS of others.

But, yes, you can certainly tell the difference between good and bad players across the board.

I mean 20k hps is believeable. Im doing upwards of 35-38k on Mythic Brackpenspore and 25k on Ogrons(though when we killed that i basically didnt death strike at all unless they were spread apart just for dps)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    You'll probably want to actually fraps so it's even mildly believable that you're magically twice the HPS of others.

But, yes, you can certainly tell the difference between good and bad players across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I mean 20k hps is believeable. Im doing upwards of 35-38k on Mythic Brackpenspore and 25k on Ogrons(though when we killed that i basically didnt death strike at all unless they were spread apart just for dps)
    On Butcher I've seen Trox hover just under 50k HPS so 20k is well within the realm of possibility on your average boss.

Now you're arguing for arguing's sake. Reading dr_AllCOM3's statement he's directly comparing himself to others, and I don't find it very believeable that doing the same content you'll have that level of disparity.

If you are just talking about 5 mans or even just like normal modes.... that HPS gap can easily come from good DSing.

Obviously he sounds like hes overexaggerating a little bit. The point he is making is the discrepancy between good blood dks and bad ones is fucking massive. Even in raids DKs if played well def need less healing.

Now other tanks can't really be compared to Blood DKs but its painfully obvious without heals besides random hots for like 7+ sec my prot pally is dead. Whereas my DK can live for quite a while longer. Even on mythic 1 single Death strike, no overhealing, is enough to keep you going on most bosses for that long with hots. But if you are just spamming death strike at 100% hp because you want to and over blood boiling... its painfully obvious the difference in HPS done by the DK and how much healing they require from outside sources.

Well, I should probably not question it too hard... after all, we had a DK doing 5k DPS in Highmaul. I guess bad players will always find new ways to impress (and not in a good way).

5k.............. I did 19k on Twin Ogron mythic without Death Striking at all unless I had non Death Runes just because we needed max dps... and well those bosses do like 0 dmg for some odd reason. I could tank both of those all fight without noticing i had 2 bosses on me if they didn't have reasons to split them.

If you are just talking about 5 mans or even just like normal modes.... that HPS gap can easily come from good DSing.
    I think you'd struggle to find 10k hps to gain in normal modes unless you are running less healers or intentionally holding more

I felt near immortal in dungeons and only once? broke 10k hps, often multipulling massive packs because I could. normal highmaul feels similar

Although first week we did twin ogron we had no idea of tactics, the OT noticed a debuff and we assumed we should be taunt swapping. I probably did some good healing there just due to taking those massive shield slams to the face
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-12-15 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If you are having trouble with the arcane aberrations on Ko'ragh, taking chillblains is actually not bad as you can kite the 1st and 2nd waves before the 3rd one spawns and bring all 9 of them into the suppression field. (Gorefiend's Grasp)
    Also, if you pop AMS before entering the field you will ignore the silence effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

5k.............. I did 19k on Twin Ogron mythic without Death Striking at all unless I had non Death Runes just because we needed max dps... and well those bosses do like 0 dmg for some odd reason. I could tank both of those all fight without noticing i had 2 bosses on me if they didn't have reasons to split them.
    I know, right? Like I said, people will find new ways to impress in how bad they are. And he was Unholy... I still don't compute how you do that sort of low DPS. It's an accomplishment in and of itself.

Anyway, in normal mode Highmaul I'm not really breaking ~15k hps if it's not a wipe. Then again, I'm usually equal to the healers. Don't know how that compares to others' experience.

Ya normal highmaul I highly doubt you would break more than that hps just due to the low resolve % you will have.

I don't see the benefit of Breath of Sindragosa. Has anyone actually found a use where it has been practical?

I find Defile way more useful. Passive 10% damage reduction is useful to stack with bone shield and vamp blood for the first mythic kargath impale, and even in the stands i think it would be too much of a hassle to keep it running for any reasonable period of time for not much payoff. Defile just seems like such a better option, even in damage. Feel like I waste too many resources to keep breath running and in turn lose survivability

I feel like you haven't read the opening post. Defile is the go-to as long as you can put it down on something useful. If you can't, ie the targets are moving too much, Breath of Sindragosa is better, but... that's about it, far as I've gathered.

It might be more useful if the perma-Breathing build is revived somehow.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breath of Sindragosa isn't bad, I tried it a bit on Mythic Brackenspore just because it was the end of the night and we weren't making much progress. It does pretty good damage and is okay on fights where you have to move a lot. I have a feeling they might buff it a bit, but even then, if you get a time where you can AMS soak with decent MS levels, you can keep it up for an incredibly long time. I had it going for nearly a minute straight. I imagine in BiS BRF gear it would be possible in some situations to keep it up nearly all the time. It's kinda bad though if you have breaks in an encounter. There will be a point, sometime in this expansion with gear levels with BoS will be kept up permanently on a regular basis. It's already good damage but suffers from breaks in encounters, and less flexibility. Hard to beat a flat DR on a 30 second CD that lasts for 10 seconds.

Keep in mind your HPS is going to go up a lot if you're getting pounded constantly. I do really bad HPS (between 15-20k) on Twin Ogron Mythic because there literally was nothing to heal. Unless we took a really bad enfeeble I rarely death strike aside from converting them to death runes. There just isn't much damage and you can pretty much blood boil spam the entire encounter. Also keep in mind some DKs commenting about absurd HPS (while they still might be better than you) also have really good gear. The difference between 650-655 gear and 670 gear is massive, especially when it comes to things like mastery. If you have low 1000 mastery with poop trinkets compared to their 2000 mastery with good trinkets, it's going to make a big difference. Not only does mastery increase shield potency, but it does increase our AP. All in all mastery is incredibly good for upping HPS, and to the degree of 1000 mastery is going to make their healing at least 15-20% better than yours.

DKs like always are godlike in low healing required environments. In normal I felt I rarely needed external healing despite my own HPS being very low, but that's also the nature of the content. You only really notice great HPS as a DK when you have those adds on Brackenspore with high stacks pounding you or things like Butcher or Imperator with high stacks. Ko'ragh takes awhile to hit hard, Twin Ogrons don't hit hard, and Kargath is well, Kargath.

Kargath. This guy on normal is such a joke that, on our first pull, I had a complete lapse in remembering tactics... ending with both me and the other tank on the stands. Still cleared it that pull.

On heroic, my only difficulty was actually finding the bombers in the crowd, and not having the group that goes into the stand deciding to run the other way from the tank. (Oops.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Kargath. This guy on normal is such a joke that, on our first pull, I had a complete lapse in remembering tactics... ending with both me and the other tank on the stands. Still cleared it that pull.

On heroic, my only difficulty was actually finding the bombers in the crowd, and not having the group that goes into the stand deciding to run the other way from the tank. (Oops.)
    Based on the fact that the warden(a single mob in a pack of 5) in auchindoun CM melees harder then that boss does on heroic I'm fairly sure it's supposed to be easymode. I'm not even sure you'd need a healer for tanks on that fight, just random DPS heals would be fine to keep tanks up...

Deleted
    Its retarded how much paper Blood is in mythic currently.

Not sure what blizz were thinking when they made blood the only tank without any secondary stat actually reducing dmg they take except for versatility which is a piss poor stat point per point. Making everything tied to our Death strike and giving us higher hp does nothing against just big fat swings that kill you in a few seconds.

I killed butcher mythic a couple of days ago and the monk I tanked with had about half my dmg taken and the SAME healing done as me. I did quite a bit higher single target dps (not to mention our crazy aoe) but its nothing compared to prot palas - paragons fraggoji with 30k dps on butcher hello? My highest dps on an enrage wipe to butcher was 25,5k with good rng, 21k on our kill with bad rng...
    Last edited by mmoca70212b9fb; 2014-12-17 at 12:47 AM.

The only fight I feel blood seems any weaker instead of being more OP on is Butcher just due to how fast and how much the dmg intake is. You can't just look at butcher and be like BLOOD SUCKS WE ARE PAPER IN MYTHIC. Everything else is quite easy and requires very little healing. The only other thing really is Brackenspore fungal growth things at 6+ stacks that melee extremely fast for 200k+ which is easy cuz its not many times in the fight just roll externals.