Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    why does blizz always want to pigeon dk into frost? it is such a brain dead spec

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    why does blizz always want to pigeon dk into frost? it is such a brain dead spec
    How exactly is UH much different?

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    How exactly is UH much different?
    unholy does require paying attention a little more...you could literally keybind your entire keyboard to FS, OB, PoF and PS and do okay....you can't do that with unholy.

When I say little, I literally mean a tiny itty bitty bit...

P.S. If you guys want some humor I'd recommend going to the warlock forums....they are crying like CRAZY right now.

They are crying always

So, with SR being our top damaging attack and its fix for double dip on mastery, does that changes anything regarding stat priority for both frost's or we'll still running with old stat weights?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    So, with SR being our top damaging attack and its fix for double dip on mastery, does that changes anything regarding stat priority for both frost's or we'll still running with old stat weights?
    Unholy took the biggest impact. Stat weights changed slightly for all three specs with mastery becoming less valuable and multistrike even stronger, but the priority stayed the same. I don't have a DW Frost spec myself, but I got the following weights for the other two on my character:

Unholy: Strength (5.17) > Multistrike (2.62) > Mastery (2.08) > Critical (1.95) > Versatility (1.81) > Haste (1.51)
    2H Frost: Strength (4.97) > Multistrike (2.03) > Versatility (1.85) > Haste (1.64) > Critical (1.52) ~= Mastery (1.51)

Mastery is still very strong for DW Frost spec, but multistrike should be nearly as valuable now.

Stat weights for 2H seem exceptionally close to one other. It might be the one spec they succeed in their philosophy of erasing the large deltas between secondary stats and letting you gear for whatever you enjoy the most.

Do our dots have an overlap time like dots form other classes? E.g. when FF has 5s left and I reapply it, I get the 5s added to the new duration.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    unholy does require paying attention a little more...you could literally keybind your entire keyboard to FS, OB, PoF and PS and do okay....you can't do that with unholy.

When I say little, I literally mean a tiny itty bitty bit...

P.S. If you guys want some humor I'd recommend going to the warlock forums....they are crying like CRAZY right now.
    can you elaborate why uh requires more attention to play?? its just spamming scourge strike and festering strike, use FS when scourge strike on cd, that means 1xfrost and 1x uh rune are up, dont even need to watch runes

Quote Originally Posted by rituel521 View Post
    can you elaborate why uh requires more attention to play?? its just spamming scourge strike and festering strike, use FS when scourge strike on cd, that means 1xfrost and 1x uh rune are up, dont even need to watch runes
    You do need to watch runes and depending on the situation change what you're doing. Also, Festering Strike costs a Blood and Frost rune, not Frost and Unholy. Nor does SS have a CD.

Deleted
    This guy knows what he's talking about

I mean frost rotation just isn't complicated at all to execute. you're nearly dumping all 6 runes into a single abilities over and over, weaving frost strike in between. You don't have to care about going over runic cap (that just rarely happens) neither do you care about rime or KM procs.

Unholy you will get in a situation where you go over runic cap. you will have 2x same type rune due to non-optimal usage or lust/movements/empowering pets, you are also much more likely to delay your plague leech or screwed it up completely by returning only 1 runes. Esp during periods when you're pooling runic power when DT is about to drop

The difference between a decent and a great unholy player is much larger than that of frosts'
    Last edited by iky43210; 2014-12-15 at 11:20 AM.

You must be dealing tons of damage with that OP rotation. /s

Hi folks. I just simmed my 2H frost DK's damage with my current pre-raid gear level (640), and the scaling differs significantly from what I'm seeing online (here and on icy-veins, for instance).

Here's what I'm getting (default options) :

Str 4.82 > Haste 1.85 > Multistrike 1.68 > Versatility 1.46 > Crit 1.34 > Mastery 1.24

If I switch to average skill (definitely more realistic ), Mastery pulls ahead of Versatility, but Haste remains ahead of Multistrike.

Does that seem alright to you, or did I miss something obvious? Do I just need higher ilvl for multistrike to become the best stat?

Earlier sims had the haste breakpoint at lvl 100 around 450 haste, but you don't mention how much haste you have so we can't really compare. Beyond that yes, it looks about right.

How good is the Conquest trinket for DKs? Seeing it as BIS for some caster classes along with the BoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Earlier sims had the haste breakpoint at lvl 100 around 450 haste, but you don't mention how much haste you have so we can't really compare. Beyond that yes, it looks about right.
    Aaah, I'm at 155 haste, this would explain the discrepancy, thanks.

Yep, you're under the soft cap where haste's value falls below multistrike, that's all.

Also remember-- if multistrike and versatility are close, always pick versatility. You get a ton of survivability in exchange for a little bit of damage. The very small damage loss will never make a difference, but the enormous damage mitigation probably will.

Is it possible that NP is being simmed incorrectly? Perhaps there is a reason, Devs have been in no rush to change NP despite the complaints. I find it a DPS increase for me to spec NP over defile as Unholy. Other ppl in the forums have mentioned the same. It could be that in Patchwerk style Defile is better, but with all the movement and repositioning involved in real raids, the constant and steady NP wins out. More likely, I'm just a bad player. But for me NP seems to beat out Defile

And yes I have read that even a partial Defile uptime is better than NP. That just seems extreme and doesnt seem to match reality. And Im not comparing Defile vs NP damage. I know that needs to include Defile + diseases. Im looking at overall DPS numbers with either talent. The Devs have said before that the community almost always arrives at the optimal highest DPS rotation but that there have a couple of instances theorycrafting and habits have missed a higher DPS rotation. Just want to make sure thats not the case here before Defile just becomes the default playstyle for everyone.
    Last edited by Faenlyn; 2014-12-15 at 11:02 PM.

Defile beats NP even if a single target only sits in the black smoke for 50% of its duration (5 seconds). If you can't even get 50% uptime, NP will win out.

Remember as Unholy the difference between the two is only 3.2% of total performance. The RNG controls way more of your life than 3.2%.

That's only on single targets, of course. Defile smokes NP in AE.