Thread: Versatility

Versatility

My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I didn't know how current or easily accessible the information would be. Is versatility still in the basement for retribution stat priorities? I'm trying to dodge the helm from kargath and neck from koragh. Dodge in that I won't use a coin on them on heroic. There is a better (665) boe helm and my JC neck will be better once it's fully upgraded- all assuming versatility is no good. Thanks for your help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I didn't know how current or easily accessible the information would be. Is versatility still in the basement for retribution stat priorities? I'm trying to dodge the helm from kargath and neck from koragh. Dodge in that I won't use a coin on them on heroic. There is a better (665) boe helm and my JC neck will be better once it's fully upgraded- all assuming versatility is no good. Thanks for your help in advance.
    you're asking advice on what to coin? Why don't you include an armory link so we can see what you have/need.

Assuming you don't have a 670+ weapon, you want to coin Imperator and Ko'ragh until you get a weapon.

Remember that the stat weights are: weapon dps ~8, str ~5, mastery ~2.5, so better weapon is massive...
    refer to: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...amp-Discussion

That leaves 1 coin per week for one of the other bosses, so use that on whatever going to be the biggest upgrade over what you have now (probably Tectus trinket, but depends what you have now).

Alternatively save the 1 extra for mythic (assuming you're going on to mythic).
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-01-09 at 04:18 AM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    kill versatility with fire.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    Versatility isn't so great for us, you're quite correct. However for the quantities that you get when trading one piece of gear for another, the difference will be minimal at best (i believe last time I checked a piece that dropped 100 Mastery for 100 Crit it was around a 50 DPS loss for example.) I don't do any number crunching bar simcrafting so I may not be the best person to offer the ins and outs of it all. However, I believe that due to the lack of strength enchants now available, Strength is constantly our best stat by a far more significant margin, thus you're likely better going with the whole "If its an Ilevel gain, it's a DPS gain" thing. Obviously this didn't apply to the PvP 4 set, but thats gone now so no need to worry about that.

HC Kargath helm Vs Helm of Vile Indignation? I'd personally go Kargath helm tbh. That said, Vile Indignation is probably a very very close second (literally a few DPS is my guess)

versatility has the potential to be better on progression, but it would be difficult to prove.