Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Oh snap, did you lose to your co-tank ? xD
    Nope. Did bungle Tenderizer stacks and end up taking a 5th, though.

For the record with GoAK and an external that thing barely tickles. Butcher officially undertuned boss, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by artog View Post
    So, I've been reading the "hot debate" about stats and gemming and it got me confused.

I just sim'ed my char and it gives me these scale factors:

As gems are 35/50 stam or 35/50 mastery/crit, wouldn't stam be better?
    Quick question, when I use SimCraft on my character, I never get a graph like this. How do you get a graph like this for your stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    MFW we kill Mythic Butcher on the pull where I get no Eidolon or GC procs and do 26k rather than all the other pulls where I was doing 33k
    I died on the one pull we killed it Looks good on the video

Deleted
    Hey guys! I'm pretty new to the paladin class so I was wondering what the best/most accurate resources to learn the classes are at the moment. If anyone could give me any pointers I'd be very grateful

cell since it keeps being asked do you think you could maybe update the first post with like a basic run down of stuff ( I realize this is a large task but was just curious so that way itd be easier to be like "first page, first post". Also do the stands just not upgrade damage wise at all from heroic to mythic? The vile spewer guys tend to wreck (will not wreck but hurt a little bit) and i couldnt see doing it without a healer)

Quote Originally Posted by Candlemaster View Post
    cell since it keeps being asked do you think you could maybe update the first post with like a basic run down of stuff ( I realize this is a large task but was just curious so that way itd be easier to be like "first page, first post". Also do the stands just not upgrade damage wise at all from heroic to mythic? The vile spewer guys tend to wreck (will not wreck but hurt a little bit) and i couldnt see doing it without a healer)
    I believe that someone is doing a general guide that is updated for WoD, which will be better for answering questions people may have about the spec.
    Also, the stands do gain increase in damage, but stacking CDs is the name of the game.

Ya that definitely makes sense since you dont really need it for Bitchgath or w/e we're calling him. (or does impale start wrecking really hard in mythic? so far in heroic you can pretty much take it zero cooldowns or DP if youre not being smelly)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    So we're progressing on Imperator Heroic and I'm going back and forth between whether I should run Seraphim or Holy Shield. As said previously in the thread the adds in P4 are nasty and Seraphim becomes unreliable, so the question is if our druid should take all the adds and I go with Seraphim or if I should take Holy Shield and take them. We could definitely use the extra damage in the previous phases, but a tank death in P4 wouldn't be very fun either. Any ideas?
    Maybe it's because my groups damage is higher but I've just been running Holy Shield out of convenience and picking up the adds and spiking them down (doesn't really look like we need the extra deeps in the other phases). Unglyphed DP and using your HP on heals means they only tickle, even when it's like the entire set.

Honestly considering putting my other tank on one of the warmages in the first intermission, god knows I don't need his help on the adds.

For the record, I'm Lazel-build and I love Seraphim I just find Holy Shield so damn convenient on this fight (also since I raid lead it's nice to take a break from concentrating on Sera rotation and just yell at people for awhile).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Candlemaster View Post
    Ya that definitely makes sense since you dont really need it for Bitchgath or w/e we're calling him. (or does impale start wrecking really hard in mythic? so far in heroic you can pretty much take it zero cooldowns or DP if youre not being smelly)
    Depends on your gear level, but tanking the impale on mythic at 660 ilvl felt basically the same as tanking the impale on heroic when I was about 645.

Not sure how well that answers your question but I tried.

So it goes without saying that mythic brackenspore is the most asshole boss ever I have not felt the pain of getting globalled like that in a very long while

I guess no more Lay on Hands during Necrotic Breath. Brackenspore just got even more shitty.

Deleted
    How does 3/3 KB fare both mitigation and DPS-wise against mythic trinkets? Worth going for, assuming I have access to all other mythic trinkets? (I don't, but assuming it will last me to BRF that would be good to know)

Butcher coming up on Sunday now since we killed Koragh tonight (thank god), so would like to opt a bit, even though the fight supposedly only takes a night to finish from first pull.

Currently I have Heroic Pillar and BoIS (and Scabbard).
    Last edited by mmoc14827eacb9; 2015-01-09 at 01:36 AM.

Brackenspore:
    Unglyphed DP along with shields from Disc Priest.

I take around 30-40% dmg on Mythic. It's the add that stings, save your defensives for post 5 stacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iofer View Post
    Hey guys! I'm pretty new to the paladin class so I was wondering what the best/most accurate resources to learn the classes are at the moment. If anyone could give me any pointers I'd be very grateful
    The Icy veins guide is excellent - it's written by Theck, who theory crafts the spec. You can also read his Sacred Duty blog and maintankadin theorycrafting threads for the maths under the hood (maths as in those befitting an academic with a physics phd). The guide probably does not emphasize Seraphim as much as it could, but there are posts about that here, including a thread on the Seraphim "rotation" (DP-Sera-2xsotr-DP). Theck also wrote the stat weights for Ask Mr Robot, so you could use that (although it puts a high weight on stamina, assuming you are under-geared) and maintains the SimC module for prot palas, so you could use that if you want to sim your own weights based on TMI (or dps or whatever).
    Last edited by mmoced226c0d6b; 2015-01-09 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Theck also wrote the stat weights for Ask Mr Robot, so you could use that (although it puts a high weight on stamina, assuming you are under-geared) and maintains the SimC module for prot palas, so you could use that if you want to sim your own weights based on TMI (or dps or whatever).
    If you are interested/following the crit discussion going on here, AMR also weights crit very poorly.

Personally I still swap a bit between HS and Sera from time to time (usually progression when I have other stuff to focus on) and also use my ret os often (which mastery is strong for) so I've been going Crit > Mastery = Vers but obviously that's a personal call based on playstyle.

The AMR weights were calculated using Holy Shield, again, assuming AMR caters to the lowest common denominator. If you're using Seraphim you're sophisticated enough to figure out and enter custom stat weights, IMO.

I asked them about having different stat weights for different talent configurations (i.e. if it sees you have Seraphim, it uses a different set of stats). They said they were working on it, but I haven't heard back. I may e-mail them later today to ask them to add a second "Seraphim/Crit Build" set of stat weights. If anyone wants to suggest what they should be, feel free.

I may also have them drop the stamina weight. I gave them that weight assuming they still had the stamina slider, and that would be the max value (i.e. when you're undergeared). But the stamina slider mysteriously disappeared, so... I've just been custom-editing it to be low enough that it doesn't suggest stamina gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Theck View Post
    If you're using Seraphim you're sophisticated enough to figure out and enter custom stat weights, IMO.
    You'd be surprised....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1291 View Post
    Quick question, when I use SimCraft on my character, I never get a graph like this. How do you get a graph like this for your stats?
    You have to enable a metric called TMI in the options menu.

Go to the Options tab, and you'll see three sections. The middle one has "Target and Tanking Options." Under that is "Target Type" which needs to be set to "TMI standard boss." A couple lines down there is "TMI Standard Boss" which can be selected for various raid levels. Pick one that will most closely match the content you're doing and then you're set for getting the TMI graph assuming you enable scaling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    You'd be surprised....
    Using Seraphim != using Seraphim properly. You'd be horrified, Theck, if you knew how many supposedly competent Protection Paladins I've seen struggle to maintain so much as 35% Seraphim uptime, never mind actually use it properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Using Seraphim != using Seraphim properly. You'd be horrified, Theck, if you knew how many supposedly competent Protection Paladins I've seen struggle to maintain so much as 35% Seraphim uptime, never mind actually use it properly.
    I know 1 paladin tank (7/7 HC, so nothing really serious) who thinks that proper Seraphim usage means pooping it every 2m with HA, and ignoring it for the rest of the fight... Thankfully we aren't doing any hardcore progression, so I don't have to shout at he yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Theck View Post
    The AMR weights were calculated using Holy Shield, again, assuming AMR caters to the lowest common denominator. If you're using Seraphim you're sophisticated enough to figure out and enter custom stat weights, IMO.
    I don't understand this. It's a talent which anyone can take, irrespective of skill level. I'd expect many poor players to take it on the assumption that good tanks are doing so in their armories.