Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    So what motivates someone who 'just plays' WoW (or any other game with a gear treadmill)?
    I've been trying to get back into that game for 2 expansions now but I un-subbed after a month or two because it's just god awful if you're not in a guild with good players.
    - Super-average players don't even care about items, they go around questing, exploring, achievement hunting, levelling a hundred alts.
    - Average players do daily quests and LFR (everyone hates LFR regardless of what your goals are) so they can increase their iLvl so that they might get into a PuG raid where they wipe on the second boss until everyone rage quits. It's absolutely miserable.
    - Raiding guilds (normal, high-end and everything in between) want items for the reasons in my previous post. So they can show off and be ready for the next tier (or the next difficulty scale).

What I personally gather from it is that the constant item level increase is just bad for the overwhelming majority of the players. Of course they've been conditioned to think it's a good thing but it's really not.

The RNG-loot system is probably the biggest contributor to keeping subscriptions, imo. Most people have at least a little bit of OCD to varying degrees, and the "You only have one shot at this, once a week" system keeps them hooked (myself included).
    If a game successfully implements such an OCD-hook they'll most likely be able to keep a stable player base.
    GW2 started something similar with the Collections tab and the RNG-hunt for organs and such to complete a set, and I must say I think it has some potential.
    I'm not really sure why people like gear treadmills. I played wow since launch and I stopped around the time the third expansion came out. I've always been a casual player so I only got to level 58 (60 was max) in vanilla. When tbc came out I didn't care about re leveling and getting gear much because I wasn't max before. By time the third one came out I was sick of having to grind for the best pvp gear again just so I could do well in pvp.

I think a gear treadmill is more enjoyable to someone is constantly playing a game. There are a lot of things I like to do so I can't justify putting that much time towards a game. I would have to stop working out, playing guitar and going out on weekends to compete in a gear treadmill. Then again I am waaaaay casual, I've been playing gw2 since launch. So far I have 1 level 80 and I'm not even close to getting a legendary (I've been saving up stuff the entire time too). I just barely got all my ascended amulet, accessories and rings. I can't even fathom how long it is going to take me to get the armor/ back piece lol.
    Last edited by worprz; 2015-01-27 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One way to get me to play a Revenant would be to allow them Dual wielding of swords, so they can "channel" Shiro Tagachi spirit . Make it happen Anet ! =p

I can get my Revenant to level 56 via scrolls and tomes.

Just need 24 more..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I can get my Revenant to level 56 via scrolls and tomes.

Just need 24 more..
    Im on the process of collecting those myself. Got the insta level 20 scroll + 2 of the others.

I got like 1000 scrolls so skill points will never be a problem.

Is there any way to get the +level scrolls predictably? I only recently noticed that I had some in my bank but for the life of me I can not remember how I got them or where.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Is there any way to get the +level scrolls predictably? I only recently noticed that I had some in my bank but for the life of me I can not remember how I got them or where.
    Season 2 gave me a couple. I think the only way to farm them effectively is PvP. Other then that they usually give them as a reward with the new updates.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Season 2 gave me a couple. I think the only way to farm them effectively is PvP. Other then that they usually give them as a reward with the new updates.
    Perhaps that is where I got my scrolls, the LS. I did all of LS 1/2 but I don't really notice loot in this game for some reason.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tome_of_Knowledge

Mostly PvP, daily log in, festival events and S1 and S2

10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    is jeremy jahns still doing the music?

I'm excited, though I can see myself getting sick of all jungle all the time.

I'm interested in this other specs, like druid.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I'm excited, though I can see myself getting sick of all jungle all the time.

I'm interested in this other specs, like druid.
    I'm also not a big fan of jungle themes, but the preview looks amazing.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Today's blogpost about Heart of Thorns.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/j...art-of-thorns/
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Today's blogpost about Heart of Thorns.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/j...art-of-thorns/
    So, adventures...
    As a result, you may see some activities you heard about before the launch of Guild Wars 2 make an appearance as adventures
    Does that include polymock and other activities?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    So, adventures...

Does that include polymock and other activities?
    The first thing that came to my mind were bar fights and the shooting gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I did forget about all that. I think polymock should be a priority imo. Give life to otherwise useless pets.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Those fit too.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'll repeat, is Jeremy Soule (yes was thinking of the youtuber Jeremy Jahns) still doing the music?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    So I'll repeat, is Jeremy Soule (yes was thinking of the youtuber Jeremy Jahns) still doing the music?
    They haven't released any info on the sound track yet.