Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In the other thread you said that it wouldn't be proper to discuss use of the Icy Runes glyph - any chance that we could see an explanation here?

If Hansgar/Franzok Crippling Supplex you into their hands, can they still auto attack you while you are being held by them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    If Hansgar/Franzok Crippling Supplex you into their hands, can they still auto attack you while you are being held by them?
    No they cannot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    In the other thread you said that it wouldn't be proper to discuss use of the Icy Runes glyph - any chance that we could see an explanation here?
    Not much point, probably getting insta hotfixed (not actually sure if it needs to be, but that is a long long long story of anguish and terror). In slightly more seriousness, we will see.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

I'm kind of curious, because you mentioned it's a complicated priority - I just use Chains of Ice to fill 'gaps' in runic power generation, and it seems to work out fairly well.

I have no intention of trying the chains of ice cheese this time round, but waiting on edge of my seat for Troxism's colourful diatribe about it nonetheless. Will be the highlight of my lunch break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

i see the consequences of this... everyone is just reading "blood dk... more dmg than uholy/frost... skill´s.... prio... 1111°°!!122"..... when the next raid is over they all come back and cry... because they did less dmg than before, cause dead death knights dont do dmg!
    Last edited by Zeybacher; 2015-02-10 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeybacher View Post
    i see the consequences of this... everyone is just reading "blood dk... more dmg than uholy/frost... skill´s.... prio... 1111°°!!122"..... when the next raid is over they all come back and cry... because they did less dmg than before, cause dead death knights dont do dmg!
    The joke is it's not where near as 'OP' as people seem to think. If the conditions are IDEAL (and Iron Maidens is EXACTLY that), you still won't 'top meters' against competent players. On any fight that isn't ideal, good luck even pulling it off if you don't know what you are doing, much less 'doing more DPS then UH/Frost'.

And I'm sure down the line someone will have a log 'proving me wrong' where they had the most insane RNG in the world (there is about a 10k DPS swing on ST due to RNG for Breath btw, that is how random it is).

All I can say is try this shit on progression, on actually hard bosses that aren't perfect for it, then come back and tell me that it 'needs to be nerfed'. People go crazy when a tank is even seen on the meter it seems, but the fact is you will never be #1 damage against competent DPS that aren't playing some spec that is trash for the specific fight (and you aren't padding like crazy).

Anyways, I don't have time as I am raiding really soon for a while, and I haven't gotten any sleep last few days because busy so I'm just a zombie. Sorry if responses will be very slow over the next bit, but I'll try to at least check in.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

In order (for necrotic plague) to be better then Defile, it needs to do more damage then Blood Plague + Frost Fever + Defile combined,
    Necrotic plague according to front page deals: 27.75% of your AP in damage every second per target.
    Defile and BP/FF according to front page deals: 26.76% AP per second in damage per target.

Why do you not include Death and Decay into your calculation for Necrotic Plague? It seems that if you are using the unholy rune for defile it would be equivalent to use an unholy rune for death and decay also. I understand this is simple napkin math being used to illustrate a point. Also Death and decay would not normally be used on single target fights.

It seems that while above a certain number of adds necrotic plague and death and decay is a dps increase.

Death and Decay is used on a single-target, and the buff to Necrotic Plague has been partially reverted. Furthermore, remember that the number for Necrotic Plague will be significantly lower in practice, as it takes some time to ramp NP up to 15 stacks, and the calculation is done assuming that NP is 15 stacks 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ethannumber1 View Post
    Necrotic plague according to front page deals: 27.75% of your AP in damage every second per target.
    Defile and BP/FF according to front page deals: 26.76% AP per second in damage per target.

Why do you not include Death and Decay into your calculation for Necrotic Plague? It seems that if you are using the unholy rune for defile it would be equivalent to use an unholy rune for death and decay also. I understand this is simple napkin math being used to illustrate a point. Also Death and decay would not normally be used on single target fights.

It seems that while above a certain number of adds necrotic plague and death and decay is a dps increase.
    That Defile number is incorrect, test ingame. It's 33% per tick. Those BB/FF numbers are actually higher then what I have, but I am pretty sure of the 23.6% per tick.

NP buff got partially reverted btw, so the numbers are actually TOO high in the guide, I just never fixed it.

Forgot to include DnD, because frankly it barely does more damage then BB (about 20-30% more) and would not skew the result very much at all. Also using DnD basically means targets aren't moving, in which case, all the other math proves you should be using Defile anyways.

And like said before, it's so far and away the ideal case for NP in what I wrote, that even any minor inconsistencies don't really disprove my point. 100% uptime on 15 stacks is literally impossible, and the reality is at BEST you MIGHT have 15 stacks 50% of the time as a Blood DK. And even that is a stretch. Obviously you won't have 0 stacks the rest of the time, but you are losing about 20-25% damage from the 'ideal case' in reality, which completely wrecks any possible viability NP could have had.

Front page isn't really up to date for 6.1 and recent changes there, and it's usually not up to date on other abilities, so don't look there for accurate information.

[edited to remove link to Aughyssul's blog]
    Last edited by potatoe; 2015-02-13 at 06:12 AM. Reason: edited per request of thread creator

Doesn't have all the important information. Also that guy plagurizes all my shit, so fuck him, please remove the link.

BoS has already been discussed thoroughly both in this thread and in others here on the forum, the quote doesn't really add anything of value.

Can someone confirm for me exactly how blood DK's 4 set works? As it reads out:
    As long as VB is up, your blood shield can't be reduced below 3% of your max health. So a proficiently mythic geared DK (680+ avg) who'd have, say, 660K hp under vampiric blood due to death coil buff etc, can't be reduced below 20K blood shield.
    Does this mean that every single physical attack made during VB will get 20K absorbed? Because if so, holy fucking shit does that make DK tanks extremely powerfull for tanking adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Can someone confirm for me exactly how blood DK's 4 set works? As it reads out:
    As long as VB is up, your blood shield can't be reduced below 3% of your max health. So a proficiently mythic geared DK (680+ avg) who'd have, say, 660K hp under vampiric blood due to death coil buff etc, can't be reduced below 20K blood shield.
    Does this mean that every single physical attack made during VB will get 20K absorbed? Because if so, holy fucking shit does that make DK tanks extremely powerfull for tanking adds.
    Yes that is how it works. Mostly useless in reality (I talk about this bonus in the guide now), as adds rarely are threatening at all; all the bosses hit for hundreds of thousands, and most of the dangerous damage is either magical or massive physical burst (and I mean stuff like hard melees that come often). Good example is like Beastlord; all the damage on that fight is from debuffs/hard boss hits, not from the weak adds anyways. And most fights don't even have adds like that, making the bonus very weak in practice.

I have the 4p and honestly the reason to use it is because offpieces aren't really much better, and even a 20k absorb is better then nothing. 2p is far far better.

recommended level 100 talent for kromog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by Troxism View Post
    Yes that is how it works. Mostly useless in reality (I talk about this bonus in the guide now), as adds rarely are threatening at all; all the bosses hit for hundreds of thousands, and most of the dangerous damage is either magical or massive physical burst (and I mean stuff like hard melees that come often). Good example is like Beastlord; all the damage on that fight is from debuffs/hard boss hits, not from the weak adds anyways. And most fights don't even have adds like that, making the bonus very weak in practice.

I have the 4p and honestly the reason to use it is because offpieces aren't really much better, and even a 20k absorb is better then nothing. 2p is far far better.
    while true that the adds aren't exactly threatening, and it being rather useless for bosses, it's still pretty damn insane - looking at logs on beastlord, pack beasts seemed to hit for an average of 30K each on a blood DK. Reducing that to 10K each is still 120K damage mitigated every swing (as there's six of them, if I recall right). But you're right, this tier has very, very few add fights; Beast lord, thogar, and to an extent I guess, Furnace in BRF, and Kargath (if tanking upstairs) and Imperator in Highmaul (the anomalies from koragh hits for arcane if I recall correct).
    Is the damage on balconies on Blackhand physical or magical? I could totally imagine a blood DK staying up there for insane amounts of time and just dpsing the adds down alone if it's physical.

while true that the adds aren't exactly threatening, and it being rather useless for bosses, it's still pretty damn insane - looking at logs on beastlord, pack beasts seemed to hit for an average of 30K each on a blood DK. Reducing that to 10K each is still 120K damage mitigated every swing (as there's six of them, if I recall right). But you're right, this tier has very, very few add fights; Beast lord, thogar, and to an extent I guess, Furnace in BRF, and Kargath (if tanking upstairs) and Imperator in Highmaul (the anomalies from koragh hits for arcane if I recall correct).
    Is the damage on balconies on Blackhand physical or magical? I could totally imagine a blood DK staying up there for insane amounts of time and just dpsing the adds down alone if it's physical.
    Imperator adds are magic damage, so is balcony (and it's not an attack, it's just passive damage).

The damage is magical, so unfortunately just AMS will help you out.