Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic BRF Progress, Argi Raises $1.9 Million, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets

Tavern Talk 2 - Seasons

Deck Spotlight: Shockadin Returns, ROOT Gaming Showmatches Day 1, Card Design Voting

Hero Rotation Update, Jaina Spotlight & Guide, Dingit TV Heroes Qualifiers Schedule

Mythic Blackrock Foundry Progression
    Four guilds are already at 7/10 bosses down, with just a little over a day of progress. You can find lots of discussion in our Raids and Dungeons forum progression thread.

Argi Raises More Than $1.9 Million
    It looks like Argi didn't sell quite as well as the Cinder Kitten ($2.3 million) or Alterac Brew Pup ($2 million).

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of World of Warcraft players around the world who purchased the Argi pet, we’ve raised a total of more than 1.9 million USD to support the ongoing Ebola relief efforts in Africa by the Red Cross. In December, we announced that for every Argi purchased by December 31, 2014, 100% of the adoption fee would be going to assist in aiding in the fight against this deadly disease -- and the community embraced this cute little intergalactic nibbler, helping out a great cause in the process. Thanks again to everyone who helped make a difference.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Tab Targeting Issues
    I want to tab to the nearest enemy and instead it picks a target off in the middle of nowhere
    Hrm. That sounds like a bug to me. We can take a look. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Raid Loot Itemization
    Itemization isn't necessarily a science of providing the absolute optimal stats at all times for your character, but usually as an art of creating a progression path throughout the game. In any case though once you've bested Highmaul you'll want to move on to Foundry, and to your point, progress by equipping new items and becoming more powerful. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Solo Boss Testing
    So if you are not familiar with X-Men, the danger room is a room where they simulate fights. Wouldn't it be cool if we could test our specs/talents on individual bosses without having to get an entire group and, instead, have something like the proving grounds but we could select which boss we wanted to fight. I think that would be nice.
    That's kiiiiind of what Brawler's Guild is though, right? Not that you get to select the boss, but seems like it offers that same gameplay. Or do you mean actual raid bosses? Hrm, being able to practice against real raid bosses might pose some issues, specifically for world first kill races, but ... y'know also that seems like it'd kind of cheapen the bosses a bit to me. Might be a lot of work just to be able to sim a fight when it'd probably be a better experience to just be improving and progressing in the raid itself. I don't know, interesting idea to chew on at least. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Character / Items
    will there be another change wave to BRF trinkets like there was for any 6.0 trinket or are they final?
    No changes are currently planned but we will be watching out for any that may need adjustments. (WarcraftDevs)

Will Stage 3 crafted items retain their color shift if an iLvl 680 upgrade token is used?
    There are currently no plans to visually change items that go from stage 3 to stage 4. (WarcraftDevs)

PvE
    What are the requirments to get into mythic BRF will the raid need to have killed heroic blackhand ? Thanks
    No boss kill requirements necessary. Mythic will be locked for the first week, then open to anyone after; same as Highmaul. (WarcraftDevs)

PvP
    Just did an AB, 5 healers horde vs 0 alliance. Thought this was supposed to be impossible within the WoD system.
    seeing uptick in reports on this. Should be rare. Will investigate. (holinka)

Holy Prism often breaks my Polymorph in arena, since it bounces to nearby enemies. Is this intended or a design flaw?
    Intended. It's designed to do damage to other enemies in the immediate area. (WarcraftDevs)

Garrisons
    Are the BRF garrison missions going to be available on Tue/Wed this week? Or only when 6.1 goes live?
    Blackrock Foundry missions will become available after Patch 6.1 goes live. (WarcraftDevs)

does deactivating a follower strip the gear?
    As others have said, follower upgrades will remain after being deactivated/activated. (WarcraftDevs)
    We should also mention you can upgrade followers who are currently deactivated. =) (WarcraftDevs)
    Last edited by chaud; 2015-02-12 at 08:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Glad to see that Argi raised a good amount of money.

Finally something is happening with tabtargeting.. I was starting to think that it was just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually didn't know I could upgrade deactivated followers...

Time to use my stacks up upgrades.

Really happy seeing us guilds dominating top 5 for a change. Go midwinter. For the alliance!

They didn't know tab targeting was doing that before? It's been happening to me every other time I try it.

They knew. They broke it back in cata. Then they promised to fix it but said they needed a client side patch. The patch came and went but no fix. Then they started deleting all the threads about it when people were asking why it wasn't fixed when it was promised it would be fixed on the next patch. They have no clue how to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Really happy seeing us guilds dominating top 5 for a change. Go midwinter. For the alliance!
    It's like this every race. The raid has only been active in the EU for 24 hours. US gets about 16 hours head start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokos View Post
    Finally something is happening with tabtargeting.. I was starting to think that it was just me.
    OMG THIS Annoys me so much!

Quote Originally Posted by lolburke View Post
    They didn't know tab targeting was doing that before? It's been happening to me every other time I try it.
    It's the "every other time" thing; it doesn't always happen. Although when it does work right you'd think it'd start cycling through the guys nearest your target first, but it does eventually cycle through everything.

It looks like Argi didn't sell quite as well as the Cinder Kitten ($2.3 million) or Alterac Brew Pup ($2 million).
    Ok I don't see how 1.9 as opposed to 2.0 or 2.3 is considered "not quite as well". It's nearly the same amount.
    Anyway, the important part is that it raised a good amount of money.

Go Ascension!! Go Avast!!

go go go midwinter!

for the alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    go go go Blizzno!

for the Ravencrest!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I canceled my subscription for WoW, I love the lore and all but gameplay-wise the game is not fun anymore, how come the new raid was introduced less than a week ago and already people cleared it on Mithic? This is so retarded

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    This is why I canceled my subscription for WoW, I love the lore and all but gameplay-wise the game is not fun anymore, how come the new raid was introduced less than a week ago and already people cleared it on Mithic? This is so retarded
    Because these are World First quality raiders. They did exhaustive testing on the PTR to hammer out strategies, and are seriously above-par players. The tuning for the vast majority of mythic raiders is good.
    Last edited by Sparklebeard; 2015-02-12 at 12:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Paragon 7\10! They are downing those bosses fast.

7/10 in the first week is less progress than I would have expected. I think Blackrock Foundry is a good challenge.
    Question for you: Were you were in a top 100 bleeding edge progression guild when you canceled? If not, why are you judging the game based on this group of players you aren't a part of?
    For average players the raids are still quite challenging and quite fun. Most people won't manage to clear much Mythic at all before the next raid tier.

Well. the only way to stop them is creating a dps wall that is impossible to break unless you got at least 5+ items of mythic quality per raid char. But seriously: If it's anyway impossible to reach certain bosses due to dps walls...then for what do you want to include them? Essentially such a dps wall is doing the same as releasing the bosses 4 weeks later.
    Or in other word: Your argument is plain BS!

We want to be able to defeat bosses, so the best WILL defeat them. If it's possible they'll do it...simple as that.

I'm not one to get mad at dev answers or whatever (and I'm not mad now), but the answer to the tab targeting question is one of those answers that makes me think "uh, do you even play the game?" Tab targeting has been wonky since I started playing in BC. I can't count the number of times I tab target and (maybe sometimes) start attacking and hey it was a mob in the next pull and not the one right in front of your face. I mean, it's not something that happens every single time, but it's more common than it should be.

And people asking devs about deactivated followers... Can't anyone just try something for themselves first? How hard is it to do that? I don't get the whole mindset behind bothering a developer of all people with a question about a function that you could easily try out for yourself first. I've been upgrading deactivated followers for months now because I tried it out on my own.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2015-02-12 at 02:37 PM.