Heroic Kromog help (have logs)

Someone said if I posted logs people could help determine what kind of things we need to change to improve.

Ok so it seems like both tanks continue to die. Posting our best logs. I am the Prot pally, the other is a Prot Warrior. Just wondering your thoughts on what we should do. Didnt take Seraphim for this fight because the fights with it on we had less progress, usually use on most fights. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aken&fight=134

Your healers don't seem to be at fault as they're putting out pretty high amounts of healing, but a lot of deaths are still due to not receiving adequate healing.
    I suspect your raid is taking more damage than your healers can handle, or healing assignments are inefficient.

Also, tanks don't seem to be consistently moving from Slam.
    Slam hits hard - very hard. Especially with a few stacks of Wreck Armor.
    I've watched replays from some fights, and on some Slams it looks fine, on others it looks like at least one of you is staying in melee range.
    Overall Hercules seems to be taking a lot more damage from Slam than you are.

Thats all I've got for now as I'm posting from work.

Here's a link to our kill log for comparison:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/BT8JW4R123tPLj7X#type=summary&fight=19

So it looks like both of us need to improve on the slams, hes new to our group so we are working out some kinks, we are going to have him intervene to mocking banner during slams and jump out during the other times, hopefully this cuts his slams down to as minimal as possible. Im just going to have to BOP through some of them when im at 2-3 stacks since pallys are f*d with moving and DBM is being weird and doesnt call out a few seconds before when its happening, im assuming Divine Shield doesnt drop our stacks either, with both of taking less damage from those that keeping us topped off for the bigger hits wont be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsmind View Post
    So it looks like both of us need to improve on the slams, hes new to our group so we are working out some kinks, we are going to have him intervene to mocking banner during slams and jump out during the other times, hopefully this cuts his slams down to as minimal as possible. Im just going to have to BOP through some of them when im at 2-3 stacks since pallys are f*d with moving and DBM is being weird and doesnt call out a few seconds before when its happening, im assuming Divine Shield doesnt drop our stacks either, with both of taking less damage from those that keeping us topped off for the bigger hits wont be a problem.
    There's nothing you can do to 'improve' on Slams. The dungeon journal lies - distance has no impact on damage taken. Compare your Holy Paladin to your Ret Paladin - they take roughly the same damage even though they should be at drastically different ranges. Further, check out each individual person - they take the same damage every single time (until the enrage). Damage from Slam is only affected by physical mitigaton. Range has NO IMPACT. AT ALL.

Could be a bug. Could be the journal's out of date. Either way, it's not working like we think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Makh View Post
    There's nothing you can do to 'improve' on Slams. The dungeon journal lies - distance has no impact on damage taken. Compare your Holy Paladin to your Ret Paladin - they take roughly the same damage even though they should be at drastically different ranges. Further, check out each individual person - they take the same damage every single time (until the enrage). Damage from Slam is only affected by physical mitigaton. Range has NO IMPACT. AT ALL.

Could be a bug. Could be the journal's out of date. Either way, it's not working like we think it is.
    Can anyone confirm this? I feel like I was taking less damage when I tried getting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsmind View Post
    Can anyone confirm this? I feel like I was taking less damage when I tried getting out.
    As a tank you do take less damage the further away you are from him. I, as a tank, was getting literally destroyed if I didn't run out even at

If you actually look at the Dungeon Journal, it says Slam "Deals less damage the farther away players are from his fists when they slam onto the ground" (AKA the impact point). If I remember correctly he slams both fists at the tanks; that's probably why the melee and range would take around the same amount of damage seeing that they should not be anywhere near his fists. We all know how great Blizzard's tooltips are, so the wording on the actual tooltip might be misleading.

There's a tooltip update to change the wording to impact point or something like that in 6.1 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffie View Post
    As a tank you do take less damage the further away you are from him. I, as a tank, was getting literally destroyed if I didn't run out even at

If you actually look at the Dungeon Journal, it says Slam "Deals less damage the farther away players are from his fists when they slam onto the ground" (AKA the impact point). If I remember correctly he slams both fists at the tanks; that's probably why the melee and range would take around the same amount of damage seeing that they should not be anywhere near his fists. We all know how great Blizzard's tooltips are, so the wording on the actual tooltip might be misleading.

There's a tooltip update to change the wording to impact point or something like that in 6.1 I think.
    Check any log - and look at the damage done by Slam to any one target (who is not a tank): it will be the exact same amount of damage every time. Compare Ret Paladins to Holy Paladins - there will be no meaningful difference even though their ranges should be quite different.

I'll check your theory on his *fists* rather than his hitbox, but at this point I am 99% certain Slam DOES NOT reduce with range.

Edit: Testing it now as a tank - running away is def reducing my damage taken. The "fists" theory may well be possible. But then do tanks running away make any difference?

Edit2: Dungeon Journal says damage scales "based on how close the target is to the caster". If we take that at face value, then the damage to EVERYONE may be based on how far the current tank is away from the Boss - and no one else. This still doesn't explain why DPS/heals take the same dmg every time. More testing required.
    Last edited by Makh; 2015-02-14 at 04:35 AM.

Don't 3 heal it? Bring more AoE (balance druids/hunters etc..)

Disband the guild mate, 4 days into the SECOND reset and you still haven't killed the seventh boss on heroic. loool

Checked the log quickly and on almost every pull the warrior tank dies from slam, tell him to get away from it, also bring a 4th healer (a disc to shield the tank is really good on this fight)

Get more healing, get resto druid and switch priest to disc.

Here is a log from our kill with 3 healers if u think it will help: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=summary