Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Treasure Hunter Optimization Guide

Using the same method in SteveZaer's Scavenger Optimization Guide
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mization-Guide
    I have created a guideline on which are the best follower abilities to get when recruiting for Treasure Hunter trait.

I have taken 4 scenarios, these include whether you are horde or alliance (because they have different level 90-91 missions), and whether you have the Level 3 Lunarfall Inn/Frostwolf Tavern (because they spawn the treasure hunter missions).

When calculating rare missions, I did not include any rare 90-94 missions since in my experience I have never seen them spawn frequently enough to take into account. I also excluded the highmaul/blackrock foundry mythic + 1000g raid missions, since I don't expect many people to be able to spawn those missions.

For almost every case, I would pick Wild Aggression, Powerful Spell, and Massive Strike

If you are Alliance, and you don't have the Level 3 Inn/Tavern, I would pick Wild Aggression, Powerful Spell, and Minion Swarms.

for the complete math and rankings, you can find this document: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...KNCO_derkMLw0/ (look at the bottom of the document for rankings)
    The math might not be the most accurate, but it gives a pretty good idea of what to aim for.
    (since I can't post proper links yet, this will have to do)
    Credit to SteveZaer for providing a template and method to work with.
    Last edited by chaud; 2015-03-09 at 05:41 AM. Reason: enabled links

Ah love this stuff. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeson View Post
    When calculating rare missions, I did not include any 90-94 missions as they do not spawn if you have no followers in that level range.
    Level 90-94 gold and Garrison Resource missions will now continue to appear even if there are no Followers that are level 90-94.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post32426162

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Level 90-94 gold and Garrison Resource missions will now continue to appear even if there are no Followers that are level 90-94.
    in this case I will amend the guide to include those, but I expect the results to not vary significantly from my conclusion.

A point I forgot to mention is that this guide assumes you have the Level 3 Inn, since it will spawn the gold treasure missions.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeson View Post
    A point I forgot to mention is that this guide assumes you have the Level 3 Inn, since it will spawn the gold treasure missions.
    Could you make a list NOT including the Treasure Missions? I'm optimizing for Resources for rerolls and whatnot.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Could you make a list NOT including the Treasure Missions? I'm optimizing for Resources for rerolls and whatnot.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mization-Guide

Love you for making this, requested it awhile back.

"When calculating rare missions, I did not include any 90-94 missions as they do not spawn if you have no followers in that level range"

They changed it so 90-94 missions spawn now regardless of if there's an active follower or not, 6.1 change. [unless it really is still messed up like that]

Looks like I need to get a tank-spec treasure hunter as he can learn the most important stuff. TH doesn't look to be very healer centric at all, which is the opposite of Scav. Keep in mind that Harrison will cover the DPS-centric traits.

Erm, thanks, but I meant a Treasure Hunter list that doesn't include the L3 Inn missions. I mentioned how I'm optimizing for Resources purely because that should tell you "I don't have an Inn".
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I have updated the guide with new-ish rankings. Since there are 8 different rankings for 8 scenarios, I decided to leave them on the google doc and not include them on the forum post. However the conclusions look pretty solid on which are the best abilities to recruit for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Erm, thanks, but I meant a Treasure Hunter list that doesn't include the L3 Inn missions. I mentioned how I'm optimizing for Resources purely because that should tell you "I don't have an Inn".
    If you don't have an inn then you are not "optimizing" anything

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    If you don't have an inn then you are not "optimizing" anything
    Except I already had Resources fully optimized and I can still 100% any mission with 22 of my 25 followers. That gives me 3 slots for TH missions that aren't from the Inn.

Regardless though, I've decided that since I can 100% missions, I don't really need as many reroll tokens, so I'm swapping the LM for Inn anyways, so whatever.

Since we now can re-roll follower traits, I'm thinking about optimizing my followers count and try to get both Scavenger+Treasure Hunter on the same followers.
    I wonder what's the minimum count of followers I can achieve that will counter ALL those related missions, it's pretty hard to calculate manually.
    If we manage to figure it out though, we can probably plan ahead which classes/specs we're going to use the re-rolls on.

Anyone have a thought on how to achieve this ?
    Last edited by Nir; 2015-03-01 at 12:19 PM.

How many THs is everyone shooting for? I think you can get away with less if you have a Mage Tower for mission completion orders, but without it I'd say maybe 5 would be good for me. I don't want to cut into my epic mounts too much. I might just keep recruiting Epic Mounts every week until I get TH + Epic Mount combos. Leveling is super fast now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    How many THs is everyone shooting for? I think you can get away with less if you have a Mage Tower for mission completion orders, but without it I'd say maybe 5 would be good for me. I don't want to cut into my epic mounts too much. I might just keep recruiting Epic Mounts every week until I get TH + Epic Mount combos. Leveling is super fast now.
    Depends on your priorities. If you like varying missions/rewards, 3 is a good number. Preferably with racials for stacking with other followers.

On Alts that you specifically made for this trait, I'd say at least 6, each with different ability combos.

Deleted
    15+, depending how many combo traits I get. Only got 1 longterm profession follower needed. Rest will be 7ish scavengers, couple epic mounts and rest treasure hunter (all my 12 chars have lvl 3 barracks). Don't see any reason not to. Just "optimizing" the important ones is not super relevant since you easily have 8 or so missions a day that reward gold. And just like those GR missions, the small ones add up quickly.

I'm shooting for 3 scavengers, 15ish epic mounts and the rest THs. With a bit of luck some of them overlap with double traits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm shooting for 3 scavengers, 15ish epic mounts and the rest THs. With a bit of luck some of them overlap with double traits.
    Is that even useful? I had the impression when I was online all day and checked for missions every hour or so I'd have run out after 6 or so hours when I was on a char with a handful of epic mounts already.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Is that even useful? I had the impression when I was online all day and checked for missions every hour or so I'd have run out after 6 or so hours when I was on a char with a handful of epic mounts already.
    When you clear your mission log you force (or make room for) new ones to spawn, so yes it does "pay off" as in technically you end up doing more missions than people without as many epic mounts. This is assuming you keep logging in and keep spamming missions throughout the day though, which I don't know many people that do or want to do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    When you clear your mission log you force (or make room for) new ones to spawn, so yes it does "pay off" as in technically you end up doing more missions than people without as many epic mounts. This is assuming you keep logging in and keep spamming missions throughout the day though, which I don't know many people that do or want to do that.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but I'm fairly sure your mission board can be "empty" with followers to spare and it doesn't automatically make a new one pop if you log out/back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but I'm fairly sure your mission board can be "empty" with followers to spare and it doesn't automatically make a new one pop if you log out/back in.
    Yes it can be empty, and you can't force it to be empty by logging out/in, but from experience it does fill up again soon after.

Let me put it differently, on my main I have 17 epic mounts and I complete far more missions every day than on my alt with only 10 epic mounts even though whenever I log my main I also log my alt to complete missions.