Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    wuuuut? for free, where? xD
    The only thing I disliked in crowfal was the "premade" characters or whatever they call them >.<
    Still, it does look quite fun.
    you know I can't remember. I think I went onto their website or something.

Deleted
    That Q/A video... I already sat through the AMA, I'm not going to waste 20 mins with that.

I was already cringing after the first 10 seconds of that Q/A video xD

Could they at least try and act professional? Sheesh

There is a video QA? is it on the KS page or somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    There is a video QA? is it on the KS page or somewhere else?
    On the updates section of the KS page

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricYouth View Post
    I played Savage Lands yesterday for a little bit: it's still in early alpha so it needs a lot of work done to it too. But the game is definitely there. You can wander around, chop down trees, craft items, and survive, which is the point. The multiplayer option seems to be fairly empty at the moment (could have just been the time I logged on though) so I couldn't have a go at that, but I think once everything is smoothed out it'll be a lot of fun. I can't believe I got this for free.

But in general if you want to board the hype train for another game please have a look at Crowfall. It's so different from ToA and the permadeath stuff, but it balances a lot of things I've wanted in a game permanently; a destructible world complete with high politics as well as a lot of dynamic content...and an epic backstory. Who doesn't want to be a god in a video game?
    Not saying anything about all these games in particular. But you guys really don´t understand how quickly some of this stuff can be done. Here is a tutorial series.. it is about 10 videos and overall lasts maybe 4 hours.

In the video the guy makes and populates a small island, creates a system for chopping down trees, mining rocks and fishing, and collecting the wood, coconuts, or and fish that are produced. Creates a spawning system for herbs Creates an inventory system and crafting system. and does a bunch more.

It takes him 4 hours to accomplish all that, and that is at a pace where he is teaching you how to do it yourself. I said at the beginning, Unity is very easy to use, especially to do the superficial things. The things that are difficult, most players don´t even know you have to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v04_Rzu-TGY

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    But I do believe it was a scam that got twisted on them once their bullshit was called out. They decided to make a real go of it and hire a programmer. At least that is how it feels to me.
    Teddy started work in early March 2014, and this thread came around in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    I was already cringing after the first 10 seconds of that Q/A video xD

Could they at least try and act professional? Sheesh
    It wasn´t a terrible Q/A, but it was a little surreal in that the questions were all really high-level or RP things and they didn´t answer anything about the actual kickstarter. Actually one of the interesting things they talked about what the f2p model and humans. Non-subscribers can´t own a house, a settlement, can only be humans and cannot get innovations, the ability to discover interesting recipes for crafting. About the only thing you can do is be eaten by your main dragon or chop wood to give to someone else who actually can craft the interesting things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanamoril View Post
    Teddy started work in early March 2014, and this thread came around in June.
    Yeah, they hired Teddy before we started this thread, but they waited months to tell even their own followers that he was working for them. His ´hello´ thread came awhile after this thread, and mainly was used to counter my claims that you cannot build a MMO on Unity. Their original plan was to probably keep him silenced and pretend they were the ones doing the work. Or I don´t know

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Yeah, they hired Teddy before we started this thread, but they waited months to tell even their own followers that he was working for them. His ´hello´ thread came awhile after this thread, and mainly was used to counter my claims that you cannot build a MMO on Unity.
    His 'hello' was on April 2, and then he said that he had been working for four weeks:

http://www.trialsofascension.com/for...er-teddy.2975/

I wonder if this is the longest witch hunt on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanamoril View Post
    His 'hello' was on April 2, and then he said that he had been working for four weeks:

http://www.trialsofascension.com/for...er-teddy.2975/
    I believe Azrile was referring to this post. But the fact that that board post exists kinda negates that anyway.

I think this thread REALLY got going when we saw that horrible combat demo. And then it picked up steam again during the AMAZING OMG JAW DROPPING posts.

But then again, I mean the thread was juicy in page 2 when Xanward came in then said things like "Our team also includes more than three developers, but within that skillset we have modeling, scripting, and server architecture covered, as well as other items. I am uncertain where you are finding the reference that the three developers are only game designers." Man that statement rings even funnier now. I mean hell this thread was dormant from 7/29/14 to 8/12/14 until what we coined a dev alt went on a posting spree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I wonder if this is the longest witch hunt on the site.
    That depends on who is hunting who.

- - - Updated - - -

You can find so many old classic quotes from those fanatics though: "If you didint notice the entire game is currently handled by 3 people ( with a few new programmers they managed to hire from the 50k funding ) , they are the masterminds of the game , Brax the lead has no programming skills , because that is not his job , He oversees the development of the game and how things are going to develop in the game. He is currently involved in the recruitment of new devs for the demo ready to roll out. Varl the lead programmer is the only one coding the game currently in the new engine ( the old one hero was abandoned when they ceased production in 2006 due to copyright and financial issues , same goes for the change from shadowpool to Forged chaos ). And the 3rd Developer Lorestri is currently handling finance and the TOA store." from the post I linked earlier from Cherubims. Did we ever figure out who he was? I forget now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Did we ever figure out who he was? I forget now.
    To my knowledge, no we did not. But it's basically moot as he was more-or-less proven via his mistakes to be using multiple accounts.

live stream of the demo going up soon on hit box- siraldric

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    To my knowledge, no we did not. But it's basically moot as he was more-or-less proven via his mistakes to be using multiple accounts.
    That is what I figured, its funny because the guy posted a couple weeks ago in this thread before the KS went live.

I'm still amused by their team of -5- social media people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    He made lots of factual mistakes concerning the game and honestly he seemed to be a little bit unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax- View Post
    Because Ildefonse and I are testers, we have been sent new info about this weekend's "events" but I don't think he is planning on going anymore than I am. So I don't think they will even get more than 15? this weekend.
    Not to mention that without Teddy, they probably won't be able to build a Mac client for me anyway...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siraldric View Post
    live stream of the demo going up soon on hit box- siraldric

Please let me know when it's uploaded to youtube

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ildefonse View Post
    Not to mention that without Teddy, they probably won't be able to build a Mac client for me anyway...

Oh they will. With 600k dollars they will even include Linux!

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Please let me know when it's uploaded to youtube

- - - Updated - - -

Oh they will. With 600k dollars they will even include Linux!
    Its up on YouTube now sorry if its a bad stream I'm not a streamer nor do I much ever care to want to stream but I did my best to go over the things in the demo without tip toeing around or trying to only make it look good. But as it merely is.

http://youtu.be/1eBAOHFESPk