Lazel : Why are you using a STR flask (on your kromog video at least) ? STR flask is just better overall for tankadin, for any given fights, or there was a specific reason ?

The argument of "our logs are private" is a stupid one... I mean what is the point in keeping logs private when you have kill vids/guides/people streaming the boss kills we are on about?!?! I mean I could understand keeping BH private still to a certain extent but that's about it.

Without looking through each log (which there's no way I'm doing) I somehow doubt Lazel is dying and causing wipes while pulling off his numbers. Now anyone who says they don't want the extra damage he's pulling as it wouldn't help is talking out their arse.

Our job is to stay alive yes, but if you can put out the numbers safely then your doing your raid a favour. End of.

Don't start attacking the guy cause he can pull bigger numbers then you whilst staying alive. Yeah if he was dying every 10seconds then it's a different story but he ain't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OsBlackfall View Post
    Lazel : Why are you using a STR flask (on your kromog video at least) ? STR flask is just better overall for tankadin, for any given fights, or there was a specific reason ?
    Stam flask to learn the fight and see how heavy hitting it is, and finding out if it's needed. If it's not needed switch to strength!
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Pandemic was added to things with tick mechanics such as hots or dots (partially to address partial tick issues), this is just a regular buff, from what i believe, the only buff that benefits from pandemic behavior is pulverize.
    Envenom does it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
    The argument of "our logs are private" is a stupid one... I mean what is the point in keeping logs private when you have kill vids/guides/people streaming the boss kills we are on about?!?! I mean I could understand keeping BH private still to a certain extent but that's about it.

Without looking through each log (which there's no way I'm doing) I somehow doubt Lazel is dying and causing wipes while pulling off his numbers. Now anyone who says they don't want the extra damage he's pulling as it wouldn't help is talking out their arse.

Our job is to stay alive yes, but if you can put out the numbers safely then your doing your raid a favour. End of.

Don't start attacking the guy cause he can pull bigger numbers then you whilst staying alive. Yeah if he was dying every 10seconds then it's a different story but he ain't.

- - - Updated - - -

Stam flask to learn the fight and see how heavy hitting it is, and finding out if it's needed. If it's not needed switch to strength!
    Noone here is contemplating or at least trying to attack Lazel on that matter. I was simply questioning the ability choice, laying out my opinion on how it benefitted my approach to the fight (on his reasoning of bragging about it on Hands DPS, noone is denying his boss damage btw, we all or at least I agree about more damage while same survivability = good)

Edit: Whether he does better damage or changes his mind on abilities (see previous ES or other discussions) in no way do I ever belittle his performance. If anything we question the play and see the justification or the illogical path behind it. A lot of people are usually hypocrites (not neccessarily a bad thing, people learn from other opinions) in this thread excluding a few mature so I feel we just want to explain these phenomena since i'm certain everyone has questions of their own but few bother asking them

If I wanted to heal melee effectively per breath (which is what matters) since they rotate AMZ/AMZ/Bomb/Bomb/Personals then I would always take Prism. Since I wanted the little % more damage I ran HA, I felt I had no need for it on the boss as a paladin excluding potentially in execute (then again, you had 3 pillars on the first time you kill the boss) but I take 4 stacks with Sera/vigi>sacs>guardian>ps/gs if needed since I have these externals available and have no issues

Hammer that heals per tick vs the damage you take on breaths vs Prism which is direct heals half-way or end of Breath casts are quite worlds apart, you are healing a Mage/Boomkin/Warrior and Co-Tank, most of which is during Hands where noone is taking substantial damage excluding those who got out early and about tanks we agreed earlier with Astur that LH secondary justifiable use on Kromog for tanks is logical.

The use of our T90 talent on the raid was the goal of my post, if anyone working on Kromog is able to use the information exchanged in the past few posts then thats the whole end-result of this

Off-topic: on the flask note I agree with most of it, the parry/ap is definitely justifiable as people have mentioned a lot during this thread, Stamina is truly only useful on Hans/Kromog and I suppose BH

I would only use Pillar on those fights too, I have TTT and until I get BFD (for when I'm not running HA) I would stick with EAE/TTT

And Gruul with Lazel's method of tanking I would assume too, since Blows damage can be annoying (not slices lol cd+priest absorbs) the EHP plays a higher role than when yo uare 3 tanking - both methods have their own requirements as with any given strat
    Last edited by Lifire; 2015-03-06 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post

The reason I mentioned most guilds having private logs is that most guilds that have characters with a similar gear level or similar kill times to Lazel actually keep their logs private for progress out of principle. If one of our dps or healers is doing something unbelievable and topping meters by doing something slightly different to the general player, we don't want anyone of our competition to find that out. You can take from logs on other bosses and apply them to Blackhand. As far as I'm aware, none of the top 20 guilds are public logging anything in BRF.

As this is the case, there is no point in bragging about dps ranks when you actually have no idea how the tanks in the other top guilds are doing. You might be sat at exactly the same level as them, but you're trying to emphasise the fact that you are pushing out good numbers - when you have no idea what anyone else is actually doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Intended, one is a heal and thus correctly extended due to the pandemic effect. The other is not and isn't.

Someone else can probably explain what does and doesn't qualify for the pandemic effect better than me, but that's the reason.
    Then why does Savage Roar? (not the right name), work with pandemic. ((The feral druid +Phys%Dmg buff)) eh?

After thinking of a few other buffs that benefit from pandemic, all of them seemed to require resources to spend.

Technically any buff can benefit, because they can toggle that flag on any buff in the game if they want to. The general rule, however, is "HoTs and DoTS, plus any specific abilities that makes sense." The druid debuff (Pulverize?) is probably in the latter category, where it was something that felt like it ought to have the pandemic effect so that you weren't ending up with weird clipping patterns.

Pandemic was added to things with tick mechanics such as hots or dots (partially to address partial tick issues), this is just a regular buff, from what i believe, the only buff that benefits from pandemic behavior is pulverize.
    Yeah, no. Slice and Dice, Tiger Palm, and Envenom all benefit from pandemic. I would imagine most other short term buffs do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Typing on phone atm its aids to respond, I'll put more detail in regards to why emps is sub par and why people shouldn't be using it over other talents when I get home.
    Hey, did you ever make that post? Sorry if I missed it - I haven't been following the thread too carefully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    And sure, he could provide evidence for his opinions a bit more, but they are almost always correct.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30661301

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30665398

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30666993

People have to stop sucking his dick. He does nothing in this thread but shitpost and flame everyone, and brag about his numbers. It's also the reason he's on ignore; he has nothing useful to say, and doesn't answer people's questions/discussion without being condescending. If anything he's putting off new people who would like to come here and discuss things.

Anyway, I came here to ask... does anyone know of a simple/small addon that will list all available external cooldowns and their timers?
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-03-08 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

People have to stop sucking his dick. He does nothing in this thread but shitpost and flame everyone, and brag about his numbers. It's also the reason he's on ignore; he has nothing useful to say, and doesn't answer people's questions/discussion without being condescending. If anything he's putting off new people who would like to come here and discuss things.

Anyway, I came here to ask... does anyone know of a simple/small addon that will list all available external cooldowns and their timers?
    Ora3, great addon

Edit: I don't know actually if it lists AVAILABLE Cds. I have it set to show me when an external is on CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

Get Exorsus Raid Tools. Literally fucking invaluable. Even works properly with Clemency unlike Herpe... uh, I mean Hermes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Get Exorsus Raid Tools. Literally fucking invaluable. Even works properly with Clemency unlike Herpe... uh, I mean Hermes
    Cheers, looks like just the ticket.

Is there any difference between that one and Blood Legion CD? Because atm I really like BLC due to its customizability and design.

I'm currently using Shadowed UF, does anyone know of a way to make it include absorption shields when it shows your max hp? I.e. I have 350k hp and 100k priest shield, how do I make it say I have 450k HP rather than 350k. Or, alternatively, does anyone know of unit frames which has this option?

I know I've seen some screenshots of bears/dks where their shields were shown like that.
    Warning - while you were typing 50 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Deleted
    Lazel is one of the three reasons I actually come to this thread tho

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Lazel is one of the three reasons I actually come to this thread tho
    Who are the other 2 ?

Deleted
    Who are the other 2 ?
    You and Solaire

Also to watch Valarius get banned every other day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    You and Solaire

Also to watch Valarius get banned every other day
    He's like the Anaxie of the Protection thread, except more eloquent and with better grammar.