Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    The tax benefits are not as huge as people make them out to be, especially if both partners are working (and they should both be working). Children are the real tax boosts. In my opinion, there should be other legal documents to see someone in the hospital and a properly written and updated will pretty much puts your assets where you want it.
    I'm not interested in relationships at all, so i'll take your word on tax benefits as i haven't looked into that, but the legal benefits are real. it'd be in *everyone's* interest to move it away from marriage, but then you'd have to have people voluntarily updating paperwork for current boyfriend/ girlfriend and going through so many hoops that no one would keep it up.. which would mean that a parent could fuck over a kid's partner if they hated them. Which is super shitty, and happens with gay couples currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    The tax benefits are not as huge as people make them out to be, especially if both partners are working (and they should both be working). Children are the real tax boosts. In my opinion, there should be other legal documents to see someone in the hospital and a properly written and updated will pretty much puts your assets where you want it.
    With one kid, the house, and our income - The wife and I got $17,000 back on our taxes this year. Granted we both pay more during the year due to having to actually pay in the past. Getting back a refund check (Federal and State combined) every other year is pretty nice.

Child tax credit is like 1k per in the US, the cost of having a child vastly outstrips any sort of tax break you might get from having them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szazi View Post
    Not going to marry, because of the fear of losing MY stuff. Most woman marries the person for money (or wealth), one of my main reason prevent me from getting married.
    Considering most people aren't that rich, I disagree with your assessment.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Considering most people aren't that rich, I disagree with your assessment.
    Don't you have piles and piles of cash for gold diggers to sniff out?

I do not care to put my self in a position where a woman can take everything I have worked and saved to have.

cnsnews.com is a conservative website, which immediately makes it questionable.

That being said, why are men being singled out? Unless there's rampant polygamy, it would follow that 70% of women aged 20-34 are also unmarried.

Then again, the whole point of the article is to judge those 70% unmarried men as "losers," and a similar article calling 70% of women losers wouldn't go over so well.

The article is nothing more than conservative complaining about feminism, casual sex, and the decline of marriage. But that's a good thing. People shouldn't have to be married just to have sex, which is what this is really about. Social conservatives want sex to be between a married man and woman.

If you think sex should be reserved for married people, then great. Don't have pre-marital sex. But don't force your way of living on everyone else. Live and let live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Don't you have piles and piles of cash for gold diggers to sniff out?
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.
    ...THAT is the stupidest thing I've read all day.

So why is this an issue? Some people just don't want to get married, and that's perfectly fine. Others just haven't found the person they want to marry. Not being married by 40 isn't a big deal by any stretch imo. People got married in their early-mid teens ages ago, and in the 90s-00s, they were getting married in their 20-30s. Now they're getting married later, or not at all, which again, isn't a problem. It doesn't even mean people aren't in a relationship at that age, they just aren't getting married is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

I had someone tell me he was 7i-

Uhh hi Belize!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I had someone tell me he was 7i-

Uhh hi Belize!
    It was an approximation!

Most sig worthy thing i've seen in a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Have you checked out the thread about Hillary Clinton's emails today?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Not being married by 40 isn't a big deal by any stretch imo.
    On an individual basis, maybe not. When it's a dominating statistic, it kind of is a big deal, when (to the best of my knowledge) carrying child beyond 35 poses severe risks to both parent and child, and marriage usually implies babies will be coming at some point in the future.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I'm also about 7 inches. Just fyi. Uncut.
    Really? Well that's an awfully big coincidence. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edit: In retrospect, it was also a poor choice of words...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Look at all the silly, bitter men in here.

For the record: Been married almost 16 years. Best thing that ever happened to me.
    Generation Gaps are a helluva drug

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    On an individual basis, maybe not. When it's a dominating statistic, it kind of is a big deal, when (to the best of my knowledge) carrying child beyond 35 poses severe risks to both parent and child, and marriage usually implies babies will be coming at some point in the future.
    It does, but despite that people are still trending toward doing it, which falls perfectly in with later marriages

Quote Originally Posted by Draconian7972 View Post
    cnsnews.com is a conservative website, which immediately makes it questionable.

That being said, why are men being singled out? Unless there's rampant polygamy, it would follow that 70% of women aged 20-34 are also unmarried.
    only if you assume that people are marrying within the same range of ages and ignoring women possibly marrying men aged 35 and up....

Mormolyce, throwin' shade at Italy...
    I was wondering what was up with that. Catholicism?

Maybe it's just way easier to get away with cheating in Italy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.