Thread: Amway Scamway

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Amway Scamway

Hello forum.

I Work in a retail sales electronics shop.

Just got a promotion and attended my first manager meeting for my district.

4 out of the 19 ppl in attendance were From amway.

To the forum users who dont know amway is a pyramid scheme cult and scam.

They have robbed millions from many many people id say even more than Scientology.

What can i do to defend my chain of stores integrity if managers are sucked into this and are lying to and scamming employees?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing.

#WorshippingwiththeWaltons!

Research and compile a list of their legal history. Even allegations will raise red flags especially if you build a strong enough case.

Sadly there's nothing you can do.

Soon they'll have you handing out "affiliate coupons" and lecturing your employees on how lucky they are to have such a benefit while you slash the fuck out of their bonus programs and accuse them of being entitled.

That's just how you do business in north america now.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Hello forum.

I Work in a retail sales electronics shop.

Just got a promotion and attended my first manager meeting for my district.

4 out of the 19 ppl in attendance were From amway.

To the forum users who dont know amway is a pyramid scheme cult and scam.

They have robbed millions from many many people id say even more than Scientology.

What can i do to defend my chain of stores integrity if managers are sucked into this and are lying to and scamming employees?
    Is it a bad thing that 4 out of 19 people were from Amway? I don't understand what the upset is about here, please explain.

Amway is a little like a religious cult only it's a capitalism cult. Amway stands for the "American Way". There's an Amway China now which is a little funny if not scary. Basically people in Amway come up to you and convince you to become one of their minions. In turn their minions recruit other minions. Everyone buys Amway products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amway

They have been to court a few times over accusations that they are a pyramid scheme.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    My parents did Amway for a few months. Had to listen to those motivational speakers in the car. I was around 10 at the time.

Then they suddenly stopped buying the products, stopped listening to the tapes and didn't become millionaires. Guess it didn't work.

And yes "tapes" as in "cassette tapes." Whippersnappers and their new technology.
    Putin khuliyo

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Went to two sessions. They couldn't answer any of my questions.

Essentially saw that the two 'mentors' assigned to me were only doing this because they didn't go to school and essentially had 0 marketable skills.

There is a very good skeptoid podcast that explains why these schemes do not work. Here is a transcript:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4176

One of my neighbors is into something called Herbalife… I see TONS of boxes coming in on a weekly basis. Then again, the people who I live around are a bunch of idiots, so I'm not too surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Is it a bad thing that 4 out of 19 people were from Amway? I don't understand what the upset is about here, please explain.
    because we are a retail chain that needs to adhere to a strict moral code and business ethics

having ppl from amway in my company is a conflict they could scam staff and customers into the pyramid scheme.

Amway is one of my company's clients! We are doing work for them right now actually. What a coincidence. I would not say they are a scam though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Amway is one of my company's clients! We are doing work for them right now actually. What a coincidence. I would not say they are a scam though.
    Well then your company preys on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Well then your company preys on people.
    We conduct research for various manufacturers, litigation and clinical trials. We don't sell anything to the public.

Taken from the link Fasolina provided:

If only one of them had ever had even a single line active to only 14 levels deep, that alone would have required the participation of more human beings than exist. That math is black and white, too. Level 14 is populated by 5^14, or about 6.1 billion people, the entire population of the planet, in addition to level 13 with 1.2 billion, all the way up to you and your original five.

Basically there is not enough people in the planet for these schemes to be profitable for you me or 99% of the population.

yup, heard of them... had some friends try and recruit me into it. Some parts seem like an awesome deal, then there's the weekly meetings and the way they 'handle' new people.

I don't think i've heard any adults recommend a book so much... I think in 3 weeks I heard this Kiyosaki guy get quoted more times than star wars and star trek combined at a stereotypical sci-fi convention.

Hell I'd have signed up for just getting access to their whole sale deals and trying to set up some half assed web based store, but I kept getting the feeling they didn't actually offer as much as they kept saying...

edit:

also I have a feeling a lot of the people really making money out of it are producing material that people are being 'encouraged' to purchase. Anyone who's seen some recruitment methods... those cd/tapes they use aint free and they will talk about trips or conventions in various parts of the country.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2015-03-11 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes, the nickname of Scamway isn't hint that the whole thing is a little shady. Had the product presented to me and unless you are just buying the shit for your own needs or exploiting your social circle it's pretty useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Yes, the nickname of Scamway isn't hint that the whole thing is a little shady. Had the product presented to me and unless you are just buying the shit for your own needs or exploiting your social circle it's pretty useless.
    the product is actually a bit freaky.

its not the xs drink or led lipstick.

the product is called an ibo independent business owner the guide they give sets you up to fail.

enter the real product books tapes cd's dvd's to help your failed ibo

did i mention u buy the ibo rights and pay for your website from the amway site.

then there are the dinners parties and ranks diamonds eagles tripple platinum wankos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amway is no different than Avon, Herbal Essentials, Essential Oils, Home interiors, and those stupid dildo parties that women hold. They are all scams where the only way to make money is to scam other people to buy into the business.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Amway is no different than Avon, Herbal Essentials, Essential Oils, Home interiors, and those stupid dildo parties that women hold. They are all scams where the only way to make money is to scam other people to buy into the business.
    Well, there may be some tertiary benefits to women throwing dildo parties, but otherwise I concur.

I was sucked into one of these sorts of things not too long after high school. I met some interesting people, which was nice, but I sure wouldn't mind getting all my wasted money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Dildo parties are way more fun than Avon or Tupperware parties, I run for the hills when I hear amway mentioned. I had some cousins get into that for about 5 years. It didn't end well. It's a pyramid scheme where ppl harass their friends, relatives and coworkers into buying products or joining the ranks.