Thread: Amway Scamway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Hello forum.

I Work in a retail sales electronics shop.

Just got a promotion and attended my first manager meeting for my district.

4 out of the 19 ppl in attendance were From amway.

To the forum users who dont know amway is a pyramid scheme cult and scam.

They have robbed millions from many many people id say even more than Scientology.

What can i do to defend my chain of stores integrity if managers are sucked into this and are lying to and scamming employees?
    You really need to clarify what story you are telling.

You say after you were promoted to a management position you went to a managers meeting for people in your district.

Where was this meeting held?

Were the amway people there at the behest of the company you work for?

Were the amway people instructing you and your fellow employees?

What retail chain do you work for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    You really need to clarify what story you are telling.

You say after you were promoted to a management position you went to a managers meeting for people in your district.

Where was this meeting held?

Were the amway people there at the behest of the company you work for?

Were the amway people instructing you and your fellow employees?

What retail chain do you work for?
    I Am An assistant manager of A Retail Electronics Store.

The meeting was held in a mall not that its any of your concern.

4 people who were there were drinking Xs Energy drink which is a product of amway.
    Therefore they are scamway members as well as employees of my company.

Amway was not there at the behest of my company nor did they speak about it to anyone other than
    drink the drink which is a method they use to get ppl to ask about where did you get that can i get some.

Amway did not instruct me or my employees.

And i wont disclose the company i work for, until i speak to my district and regional managers about the amway people.

I Am An assistant manager of A Retail Electronics Store.

The meeting was held in a mall not that its any of your concern.

4 people who were there were drinking Xs Energy drink which is a product of amway.

Amway was not there at the behest of my company nor did they speak about it to anyone other than
    drink the drink which is a method they use to get ppl to ask about where did you get that can i get some.

Amway did not instruct me or my employees.

And i wont disclose the company i work for, until i speak to my district and regional managers about the amway people.
    WTF????

So you went to a meeting and four people who are also employeed by the same company as you were drinking an energy drink and now you think your retail chain of electronic stores is under attack by amway people?

Holy Fuck dude.

You better get the CEO's phone number right now and call him this very late night and inform him what you saw. There isn't any time to waste!!!
    Last edited by Super Friendly Kitty Cat; 2015-03-12 at 03:37 AM.

Um...

Well, okay.

Do you have any details about the scamming? I haven't really seen anything in this thread about what actually happens. If you've got details then file them with the Federal Trade Commission and Better Business Bureau. What actually happens with these people?
    Last edited by Saberly; 2015-03-12 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Do you even know what a pyramid scheme is? Do you know what the definition of a cult is?

The answer to these questions appears to be no.

A pyramid scheme is an unsustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public. Does Amway meet this definition?

Since I'm assuming that the definition of cult that you are using is the veneration of an ideal of an idea, please enlighten us to those ideas. If that is not why they are a cult then enlighten us to what it is that makes them a cult.

As for being a scam, if they were a scam they would have been shut down a long time ago. If you can provide us some insight into what makes them a scam? what are the false claims that they are making?

I bet they will just laugh at you, what those managers do in their private time is their business. If you do go to your regional managers at least provide them with more evidence as why why it should be of concern to them than you have provided on this forum.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eluan View Post
    A pyramid scheme is an unsustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public. Does Amway meet this definition?
    Sounds like most MLMs I've been pitched, yes. Sure, you can go move product to the public, but every pitch I've heard always pushes the "go build a downline" thing almost exclusively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Sounds like most MLMs I've been pitched, yes. Sure, you can go move product to the public, but every pitch I've heard always pushes the "go build a downline" thing almost exclusively.
    Primarily for enrolling = through sign up fees. A pyramid often will not have a tangible product, instead will make it's money from sign up fees. I saw one a few years back that you sign up for $7000, and all you get for that is you go to a conference that teaches you how to sign up other people.

Legal MLM will use products as the primary way of making money, although a lot of the product is sold through people you sign up, and not through the public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legal MLM will use products as the primary way of making money, although a lot of the product is sold through people you sign up, and not through the public.
    Less "through people you sign up" and "to people you sign up" in my admittedly limited experience. There's a "pay to play" mechanic going on, so as long as the higher ups are constantly cycling in new recruits, who have to front load/do a minimum monthly purchase, the big-wigs keep getting paid.

Which, frankly, seems scarcely better than getting paid for sign-ups only. It's peddling the same false hope, but now your garage is full of junk.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Amway is no different than Avon, Herbal Essentials, Essential Oils, Home interiors, and those stupid dildo parties that women hold. They are all scams where the only way to make money is to scam other people to buy into the business.
    I bet that is a lively meeting. Lots of giggling and titillated girl noises. I'm thinking bachelorette party.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2015-03-12 at 08:42 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Less "through people you sign up" and "to people you sign up" in my admittedly limited experience. There's a "pay to play" mechanic going on, so as long as the higher ups are constantly cycling in new recruits, who have to front load/do a minimum monthly purchase, the big-wigs keep getting paid.

Which, frankly, seems scarcely better than getting paid for sign-ups only. It's peddling the same false hope, but now your garage is full of junk.
    I would certainly see a problem with minimum monthly purchases, I would think that would be illegal.

As for peddling false hope, the results have to be obtainable otherwise it would be illegal, although they may make it sound easier than it sounds.

or maybe they know someone who sells the stuff or they might actually like the stuff

Using a product isn't indicative of employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I bet that is a lively meeting. Lots of giggling and titillated girl noises. I'm thinking bachelorette party.
    Try alot of old dry hags in their 40's and 50's, with the grannies being the most perverted <_<;

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bachelorette party. I cant remember the name of it but they sell erotic toys and lingerie in their homes like they do with Tupperware and the others I mentioned

Anyone else thing of the movie body snatchers when reading this post?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would certainly see a problem with minimum monthly purchases, I would think that would be illegal.
    I've never seen a MLM without monthly minimums.

As for peddling false hope, the results have to be obtainable otherwise it would be illegal, although they may make it sound easier than it sounds.
    Someone posted a link earlier explaining that something like 99.4% of MLM participants lose money, and of the fraction of a percent that do make some cash the average amount is, frankly, less than what you'd be getting working minimum wage jobs.

All in all, it's almost certainly not worth a person's time.

In regards to the original question: Ignore the 4 managers. Talk to every non-Amway person you know, and have them google the website they find by googling "stop the amway tool scam wordpress" For example, the other 15 managers, the other employees, all of your family and friends, all of their family and friends, and encourage them to keep doing the same. The answer is to educate everybody, by using facts, that Amway is a dual scam, both an illegal pyramid (little to no retail sales to external customers) and RICO fraud (the ATS, which is fully described by the website referenced above. Feel free to ask any other question you have, thanks.
    I've never seen a MLM without monthly minimums.

Someone posted a link earlier explaining that something like 99.4% of MLM participants lose money, and of the fraction of a percent that do make some cash the average amount is, frankly, less than what you'd be getting working minimum wage jobs.

All in all, it's almost certainly not worth a person's time.
    Amway technically doesn't have monthly minimums, but you won't get the downline volume bonus unless you sell a minimum amount to external customers. However, Amway downline are HIGHLY encouraged to buy a lot of products every month, and will be ignored by their upline if they don't, so in practical terms there ARE monthly minimums. The AG in Wisconsin and the equivalent of the FTC in the UK both studied this issue, and the 99.4% is a very solid number. For more details, google "stop the amway tool scam wordpress what is the basis for the 99 level of ibos losing money" If you have any other questions, please ask, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    Nothing.

#WorshippingwiththeWaltons!
    Not true, see my earlier post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Research and compile a list of their legal history. Even allegations will raise red flags especially if you build a strong enough case.
    You can find an exhaustive list by googling "stop the amway tool scam wordpress"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Sadly there's nothing you can do.

Soon they'll have you handing out "affiliate coupons" and lecturing your employees on how lucky they are to have such a benefit while you slash the fuck out of their bonus programs and accuse them of being entitled.

That's just how you do business in north america now.
    As described above, there's LOTS that can be done.
    Last edited by Textex; 2015-03-12 at 11:07 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Amway is a little like a religious cult only it's a capitalism cult. Amway stands for the "American Way". There's an Amway China now which is a little funny if not scary. Basically people in Amway come up to you and convince you to become one of their minions. In turn their minions recruit other minions. Everyone buys Amway products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amway

They have been to court a few times over accusations that they are a pyramid scheme.
    Ah, I see. I didn't know who they were and assumed they were a company or something. So basicly they recruit morons for money? Nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello forum.

I Work in a retail sales electronics shop.

Just got a promotion and attended my first manager meeting for my district.

4 out of the 19 ppl in attendance were From amway.

They have robbed millions from many many people id say even more than Scientology.

What can i do to defend my chain of stores integrity if managers are sucked into this and are lying to and scamming employees?
    Yes, Amway is a scam. Welcome to 1959.

When I was a kid, my best friend's entire family (from immediate to distant cousins) was big into Amway. Everything was bought through Amway, no one was allowed to say anything bad about Amway and every chance they got they tried unsuccessfully to sell my folks and their neighbors on getting into Amway.

Long story short; my buddy's parents went broke trying to sell their way out of debt with Amway, had to sell their house and ended up living with their relatives in another state. Amway ruined their lives, it was quite sad to watch.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2015-03-12 at 11:30 PM.
    ~RAWR!