Poll: ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My views on weed:

^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I used to smoke. There are 2 reasons I am not doing it anymore.

1. It is illegal and I cba to get fined and all that crap.
    2. It is not worth the money anymore and I rather spend it one something else.

But I am fine with others smoking and if alcohol can be sold I can't see any reason why weed shouldn't be.
    Sure you're fine with others smoking it, makes it easier to leech of a puff

Deleted
    34 year old male that lives alone, and I smoke maybe once or twice a week in MY OWN HOME.

People in this thread who keep stating they look down on drug users need to take a look at themselves. Why is something I do alone, or occasionally with consenting friends, in my own home of any interest to you? It's the same as pretty much any vice - if I'm not hurting anyone then you need to get your nose out of my fucking business. Your contempt is cute, but of no interest or value to me.

Deleted
    Use it as medicine, it helps people.

People who not need medical treatment and still smoke weed? None of my business. Well except they carry around that awful stench, if thats the case I tell them to fucking wash themselfes and their clothes. The smell is horrid, atleast for me.

Deleted
    I used to smoke when I was younger, quit for no "imminent" reason. Basically I just lost time and interest for it as I grew older.
    Good old times, getting high with my mates in the park right after school and you know, maybe, if it was legal here in germany, easy to obtain in a shop, without all the hassle of secrecy and shady guys involved, we'd get fucked up every now and then on the weekend again

So I have absolutely no problem with it. I also don't mind teenagers smoking weed, hell I did it myself from age 14 to age 20 or something like that. Now I'm close to getting my masters degree in physics and joined a nice little group that creates computer models to solve problems for both researches and industry. So I wouldn't say smoking weed while you are young dooms you for the rest of your life. What destroys lives is getting caught and having the police and law enforcement fuck up your life over smoking a joint with your friends.
    If anything, the state should provide this stuff, much like alcohol, to grant you cheap and good quality supply, so you are not dependant on shady guys and whatever they sell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't smoke weed. Two reasons

1. Got asthma and smoke doesn't really help it

2. Can't be bothered finding a supply for it, if it was legal maybe I'd try

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    I don't smoke weed. Two reasons

1. Got asthma and smoke doesn't really help it

2. Can't be bothered finding a supply for it, if it was legal maybe I'd try
    Interestingly enough, some patients report mj has a beneficial effect for their asthma (and some indeed seem to get worse after smoking, so you'd have to try to see how it goes).

It smells, something a lot of potheads don't seem to know, so don't get upset when we give you dirty looks for making any place stink worse than a skunk.
    X

Only reason I don't smoke is random testing at work.

Cannabinoids such as CBD are reported as a “recent discovery” by the American medical community because of a 75 year federal moratorium on research and testing involving the cannabis plant, due to its classification as a controlled substance.

While legal and safety issues still remain for those who use traditional “marijuana” forms of cannabis, neither applies to products made from industrial hemp, which has been permitted in the USA since 2004,

Canna-Pet was among the first companies to discover that some animals thrive on hemp-based supplements containing non-psychoactive, hemp-based cannabinoids, including CBD. For years we have been working with the only legally permissible variant of the cannabis plant, industrial hemp, allowing for national distribution of our products.

https://canna-pet.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    34 year old male that lives alone, and I smoke maybe once or twice a week in MY OWN HOME.

People in this thread who keep stating they look down on drug users need to take a look at themselves. Why is something I do alone, or occasionally with consenting friends, in my own home of any interest to you? It's the same as pretty much any vice - if I'm not hurting anyone then you need to get your nose out of my fucking business. Your contempt is cute, but of no interest or value to me.
    Because there is a guy just like you in the apartment next to mine making my apartment smell like shit 5-6 days a week and very much "hurting" me. My quality of life shouldn't be affected by other people's decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Or pot, which hasn't the strong odor weed has
    What does this mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Because there is a guy just like you in the apartment next to mine making my apartment smell like shit 5-6 days a week and very much "hurting" me. My quality of life shouldn't be affected by other people's decisions.
    What if he was cooking some nasty food that smelled terrible?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What if he was cooking some nasty food that smelled terrible?
    I've never experienced bad food or trash odor going through walls like pot does. But, if it did, and was a consistent issue, I would file complaints (I have filed complaints against the potheads). I can be fair about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I've never experienced bad food or trash odor going through walls like pot does.
    Does your landlord have a smoking ban in place?

If so follow that route.

I know people who smoke here get 3 warnings and fines and then an eviction notice.

Cigarettes stink like shit, so does weed, so does food that permeates through the corridor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't care what other people do. I personally don't partake and would REALLY rather not have to smell the shit. Outside of that, do whatever you please.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

habits are bad.. dislike illegal drug use -- while some places have decided to make money off of the "smartness" of people, even if it becomes legal everywhere, to me, it will always be an "illegal" drug.

dislike any and all pot smoking hippies

like... be productive... pick up a book, go volunteer time, watch some Anime or Hentai...ffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    habits are bad
    When did you break the habits of eating, sleeping & breathing?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    When did you break the habits of eating, sleeping & breathing?
    wouldnt those fall under the "bodily functions" category?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    My brother told me to post this
    Blunts are disgusting. If I'm going to smoke, it's going to be out of some nice scientific glass. Weed isn't bad aside from inhaling combusted plant material, but the tobacco is horrid for you.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The amount of high and mighty people in this thread makes me lose faith in humanity. I bet most of them who "look down on people with 'those' habits" probably jerk of 4 or 5 times a day and think its normal. Everyone has an addiction to something. Its human nature. Most people don't even realize it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Does your landlord have a smoking ban in place?

If so follow that route.

I know people who smoke here get 3 warnings and fines and then an eviction notice.

Cigarettes stink like shit, so does weed, so does food that permeates through the corridor.
    I don't actually know about smoking. I believe we have designated smoking and non-smoking buildings.
    Well, pot is illegal, so yeah. But, they can't do anything about it, because they can't "prove" you have any without searching your apartment for it, which they can't do. They sent out an email to everybody reminding them that pot is illegal and I can just hope that that gets through to people. Really, the whole reason I complained was for this reason. Hopefully, such an email will teach potheads that, yes, people CAN smell it when you smoke and you ARE affecting others, since most potheads seem 150% oblivious that people can smell it.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-04-14 at 07:38 PM.