Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you guys been to the Espn page today I hope it's an Aprils fools joke because the new layout makes my eyes bleed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Have you guys been to the Espn page today I hope it's an Aprils fools joke because the new layout makes my eyes bleed.
    It is just awful..it was like that yesterday to, I hope they are not serious.
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not April Fools, Some things I like, like not having to go to a new page to watch a video, and also the page is supposed to be catered to you. For instance, a couple times with the old page the main story when I visited was about some big cricket match, which should never happen again.

Dude Portland is like hood tough. Make sure you watch till at least a minute so they replay Big Baby's part.

Link to video above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this story about Carmelo Anthony not sitting on the Knicks bench for fear of injury serious or do you think he's just using it as an excuse to not watch the Knicks?

What is he afraid of, one of his teanates beaning him with the ball at max speed?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, someone should tell Westbrook that triple doubles do not mean shit if you miss 22 shots and your team loses :P I hope he's not getting obsessed with triple doubles to the extent he hurts his game.

I had enough stat obsession whenKevin love was in Minnesota.

- - - Updated - - -

This statline is ridic:

44 10-32 2-11 9-11 11 11 -3 31

44 minutes. TEN OF THIRTYTWO SHOOTING?

- - - Updated - - -

And you might want to tell Mirotic to stop launching ill advised threes:

23 3-10 0-5 0-0

23 minutes, 3/10 shooting, 0/5 from 3, a -9 on the game, with almost as many turnovers as points :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Is this story about Carmelo Anthony not sitting on the Knicks bench for fear of injury serious or do you think he's just using it as an excuse to not watch the Knicks?

What is he afraid of, one of his teanates beaning him with the ball at max speed?
    No one wants to see the Knicks. Not even a Knick.

Seriously though it must be fucking annoying to not be practicing and basically get told "just relax and don't go bowling" and you still have to show up and go to road games to support your team. Or even if you're healthy and plan to be back soon, if your team sucks it's annoying to go.

Same reason some All Stars would rather just chill on the beach for a weekend instead of taking the recognition.

----

Nets emailed me saying they're selling presale playoff tickets. LOL. Kind of presumptuous of them, don't you guys think? They're 7th seed 34-40. 8th seed is Miami 34-41 (lol). 9th, 10th, 11th seeds are 34-41, 32-42, 32-43. It's not really guaranteed at all who gets in. 9,10,11 are Boston, Charlotte, Indiana. You may say "but they wanna tank," but at that point maybe they'll just want the playoff position for the lols.

Just got back from NYC. Can't tell if people ironically hate or ironically love the Knicks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Nets emailed me saying they're selling presale playoff tickets. LOL. Kind of presumptuous of them, don't you guys think? They're 7th seed 34-40. 8th seed is Miami 34-41 (lol). 9th, 10th, 11th seeds are 34-41, 32-42, 32-43. It's not really guaranteed at all who gets in. 9,10,11 are Boston, Charlotte, Indiana. You may say "but they wanna tank," but at that point maybe they'll just want the playoff position for the lols.
    I think they just have to in case they make the playoffs. They don't want to be like "LOL PLAYOFFS START TODAY. TICKETS NOW ON SALE"

And I doubt they want to tank. If they don't make the playoffs then their lottery pick belongs to the Hawks from the Joe Johnson trade. I really hope they tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Knyx View Post
    If they don't make the playoffs then their lottery pick belongs to the Hawks from the Joe Johnson trade. I really hope they tank.
    Fuck that, son.

I didn't know they had an incentive to not tank lol.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    And you might want to tell Mirotic to stop launching ill advised threes:

23 3-10 0-5 0-0

23 minutes, 3/10 shooting, 0/5 from 3, a -9 on the game, with almost as many turnovers as points :P
    You really are going to start this again? Wow. Yeah because him having a bad game TOTALLY validates all of your arguments. It truly was the minutes that led to his increased production. Wiggins couldn't possibly have a bad game ever. Never mind the fact that ANDREW WIGGINS is shooting 32% from 3 on the year compared to Mirotic's 30.6... But no somebody needs to tell NIKO to stop shooting 3s after he went 0-5 in one game....

Get a grip Gumboy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Just got back from NYC. Can't tell if people ironically hate or ironically love the Knicks.
    40+ years of sucking will make a large group of ppl numb.
    You cared enough to post.

The Leafs sucking since 1967 hasn't dulled the passion in the city but they do get talked about like that one brother that gave up a career in microbiology for weed, pizza and vidya. Still family even if they are a huge disappointment.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is I actually thought the Melo, Amare, Tyson combo would be pretty devastating. Amare fell apart faster than anyone could have predicted, you wonder what would have been different if Amare decided to stay in Phoenix (cause Knicks money would have went elsewhere, David Lee prolly)

I thought the Knicks had more promise with Amare + good role players (Tyson comes later). The rush to get Melo was poorly executed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You really are going to start this again? Wow. Yeah because him having a bad game TOTALLY validates all of your arguments. It truly was the minutes that led to his increased production. Wiggins couldn't possibly have a bad game ever. Never mind the fact that ANDREW WIGGINS is shooting 32% from 3 on the year compared to Mirotic's 30.6... But no somebody needs to tell NIKO to stop shooting 3s after he went 0-5 in one game....

Get a grip Gumboy.

Hey, whatever you want. If you want a player shooting Ill advised threes all game, go for it. Defend him all you want just because he's on your team, but the fact remains he clearly hurt his team making bad decisions, at least in that game.

I never once said anything about wiggins in that post. He's had bad games to. Just because you seem obsessed with the rookie of the year thing and how mirotic has to be better no matte what does not mean everyone else is...

As a matter of fact, me mentioning mirotic had nothing to do with him being a rookie. The Bulls seems to have an issue with their marquee players taking Ill advised threes.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the Knicks had more promise with Amare + good role players (Tyson comes later). The rush to get Melo was poorly executed.

Carmelo Anthony is the most over rated player in the league at this point, he is no superstar, and probably never will again.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your bias is getting the best of you Gumboy. Mirotic is a good 3 point shooter; not in that particular game, but overall he's fine behind the 3point line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Your bias is getting the best of you Gumboy. Mirotic is a good 3 point shooter; not in that particular game, but overall he's fine behind the 3point line.
    He's fine? And what bias? I have nothing in particular against the Bulls. And if you think 30% in volume is good not sure what to say :P

I mean in the quote, he cut off the fact that I eas talking about another player as well to try to make it look like I was only talking about mirotic, when he was an afterthought.
    You're a towel.

Mirotic: For the season, he's shooting 30.6% on 3.6 attempts per game. Since all star break, he's shooting 25.6% on 5.6 attempts per game.

Not really sure how you can slice this and come out with anything but that he's below average.

Also: Gumboy, you say that Melo is so overrated so much, it's getting to the point where he's underrated and it's hard to take you seriously.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's fine? And what bias? I have nothing in particular against the Bulls. And if you think 30% in volume is good not sure what to say :P

I mean in the quote, he cut off the fact that I eas talking about another player as well to try to make it look like I was only talking about mirotic, when he was an afterthought.
    It's pretty normal to cut off quotes. That's how you show which part of the post you are responding to...

The point is anybody who is shooting that low percentage from 3 is ill advised in taking them.. Mirotic, Wiggins, Westbrook, whoever. You chose to single out Mirotic specifically cause you want to be right about the earlier argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    It's pretty normal to cut off quotes. That's how you show which part of the post you are responding to...

The point is anybody who is shooting that low percentage from 3 is ill advised in taking them.. Mirotic, Wiggins, Westbrook, whoever. You chose to single out Mirotic specifically cause you want to be right about the earlier argument.

And technically? I am 100% right about his threes being ill advised, as you alluded to. Notice the Bulls fan that said mirotic is a fine three point shooter and should keep doing it...

He went 0-3 from three again in the last game. It's starting to become what should be a worrying trend for Bulls fans, and just before the playoffs!
    His team would be much better off with him passing in those situations, or just...being somewhere else to begin with. I don't know if it's player or coaching though.
    - - - Updated - - -

Mirotic: For the season, he's shooting 30.6% on 3.6 attempts per game. Since all star break, he's shooting 25.6% on 5.6 attempts per game.

Not really sure how you can slice this and come out with anything but that he's below average.

Also: Gumboy, you say that Melo is so overrated so much, it's getting to the point where he's underrated and it's hard to take you seriously.

What is good about Melos game? He is a prolific scorer, but not the best. He's decent at best at everything else (other than slapping people then running away of course)

So basically, he is a good/sometimes great scorer, and that is literally it. But the basketball media reveres him for some asinine reason.
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2015-04-04 at 12:19 PM.
    You're a towel.