Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    There is no reason to change the title, it's about Trials of Ascension + Shady Practices + Big Crowfunding, this fits =P
    Besides, I haven't forgoten ToA yet, I'm still waiting for that "big plan", almost 2 months cooking now!
    New Brax quote ´ Due to the negative publicity brought to the MMORPG genre by GreedMonger and their unscrupulous tactics, we have decided that now is not the right time to launch our game. We hope that in time, fans will be able to separate companies like Blizzard, Forged Chaos and Bioware from these other nefarious fly-by-night nobodies. Although, I will shamelessly plug that if any of you out there wish to make a contribution we are certainly open to changing our decision. Due to the extreme negative perception associated with MMORPGs, this contribution would need to be in the 6-7 figure range.´

* this is not a real quote, I be just playing and a little buzzed because of the new ´joel said goodbyé drinking game.

Toa is too busy having a rousing discussion about how armor would look in the game...you know the game that has no one coding it. Besides keep the title as is, yeah there is some GM stuff going on but it'll die off soon enough when nothing gets done and the CEOs slink off.

The only saving Grace of the failure of Greedmonger is that the people who really lost the most money were doing it to be Greedy. It was actually a brilliant plan by Jason.. one of the hallmarks of a good con is that you go after greedy people. In this case, the concept behind Greedmonger is that you buy plots of land with real money, and then using an ingame interface, you are allowed to sell those plots also for real money. The thing is, the gameworld was going to be very limited and it was obvious that all the plots would be bought up just by donating to the KS. So people donated thousands, thinking when the game launched, they would be able to flip those plots to non-backers and make a real $$ profit. They really sold the idea of land ownership, so much that people would have to pay you to even hunt mobs on your land...and stuff like that. It was pretty obvious if you were a player without land, it was going to be hard for you.

I guess a lot of this game from UO from the early days where real estate was valuable and often sold on 3rd party sites. People would sell castles for hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhager84 View Post
    You never caught me 'lying.'
    Damn it Joel, you asked me where you lied so I compiled it.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What does bow out mean to you? You've bowed out 4 times and still spouting grandiloquence.

Licenses? He needed 3 or 4 of every unnecessary license he acquired. Examine the chat log.

There's so much double talk from you. You're not soliciting money but seek investors. James was never paid with ks money but he was. He never wasted ks money but -licenses- and had Jason hire someone who procured WoW icons, had Jason buy a new computer for him and walked away with no accountability, simultaneously built 3 versions with intent to discard 2. You guys did not benefit from ks money but took all gm assets it bought. You're gonna make a great game but who cares if it sucks so much it's unplayable. You were a power at MMOI for ages but it never existed until a few days ago. You make Jason and FC look good!

So why exert your PR powers here? MMOI's PR guy is detrimental to its reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

You forget so soon! Start here:

Read this:

You acknowledged it with "Fair enough". Is mental illness rampant at mmoi? It's official, they are far worse than Jason and FC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jrhager84 View Post
    If you don't see how hilariously bad you misquoted me on those points, then there's no reasoning with you, as you're clearly irrational. I was *very* specific about what I meant.
    How does one misquote with a quote button?

Joel's so clever with his baiting! His best defense is "nope" and says little more than telling people he took over gm. Slow day at the office? PR can be vicious!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    guess who's back! Take a shot!

- - - Updated - - -

Misquoted? They are quotes that you made. Oh yes we're the irrational ones!! Everyone drink btw, he posted again.
    Cheers everybody!

- - - Updated - - -

@Joel

Do you foresee outsourcing PR responsibilities to Jason, and FC since similar brands of diatribe is dispensed?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    The only saving Grace of the failure of Greedmonger is that the people who really lost the most money were doing it to be Greedy.
    Eh, I wouldn't call it a saving grace. Source of schadenfreude, sure. But those people are fully entitled to be angry over getting swindled, even if it seemed fairly obvious the whole scheme was likely to fall through from the start.

On a related note, I hope our anxiety attack sufferer gets reported for potential fraud. Might go through, might not. But if he earned income and didn't report it, he's not pulling his share of the load and needs to be punished for that, on top of taking money that could go to people who are in far worse shape, disability-wise.

7+ Year Old Account
    This thread just keeps giving and giving. One thing to mention that nobody has yet about GM... does James' mom know he's pretty much swindling people out of money? I'm sure she sits there thinking 'Oh, this is so nice, my boy is FINALLY doing something worthwhile with his life'. Or do you think she's in on it too?

Ok wow. I have sat through this abuse here and I have taking it. Now however you guys decide that it's not enough to rip apart Joel and My self... Now you guys decide to drag my Family into this? Are you guys paid to start these freaking witch hunts and rip apart Developers? What is in this for you guys? Just the excitement of starting Crap on the internet? We are working on Greed Monger. We have a PUBLIC Stress Test coming up... We are Making Progress and will continue to do so. I don't give a crap if you believe me or not. We are trying to make good on the Promises made during the KickStarter are you guys REALLY going to get in our way of doing that? Who Gains at all from doing that? Certainly not the KickStarter Backers who would certainly be out of all their money...

Quote Originally Posted by MMOIJamesPro View Post
    Ok wow
    1 person says something about wondering if your mom knows what you're doing, no threats no nothing. Then you blow up and say we're (plural) bringing your family into this. Stop being so dramatic and trying to act like we're 4chan or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok wow. I have sat through this abuse here and I have taking it. Now however you guys decide that it's not enough to rip apart Joel and My self... Now you guys decide to drag my Family into this? Are you guys paid to start these freaking witch hunts and rip apart Developers? What is in this for you guys? Just the excitement of starting Crap on the internet? We are working on Greed Monger. We have a PUBLIC Stress Test coming up... We are Making Progress and will continue to do so. I don't give a crap if you believe me or not. We are trying to make good on the Promises made during the KickStarter are you guys REALLY going to get in our way of doing that? Who Gains at all from doing that? Certainly not the KickStarter Backers who would certainly be out of all their money...
    I couldn't care less about your family or your situation, but you seriously need to learn to take a hit from some random on the internet. What's in this for us is exposing "games", that ask(ed) for money, who can't even do a halfway competent job. You guys wasted time, and money on GM, and look at the piece of shit that came from it. I still don't know what worthwhile pieces of work your other developers have worked on, because apparently everything they've worked on is subject to NDA.

Apparently, us being in this thread means we're getting in the way of you making the game. I can certainly see how that could be true if you're spending your time in here getting butthurt over what someone says about your mother. Do you also cry when you play CoD and those 12 year olds tell you how they've fornicated with her? Grow up, take the high road, shut the fuck up, and make good on those promises. You're not getting anywhere posting in this thread.

Whine whine cry whine excuses pathetic attempts to make this about us being the problem and not you weeble weeble wee
    There, fixed that for you. Like I told your buddy, produce something besides hot air and puppet-show mockups and we'll treat you like an actual game developer and not a pathetisad little wannabe.

"Making progress since 2012" and I could care less if the KS people ever see their money or a game at this point. I wasn't stupid enough to back a fraud like GM. Also I'd be careful how pissy you want to get and start spouting off at people. A few people already made idle comments about getting bored enough to report potential government disability fraud.

Proctor, what are you even doing here besides acting like a martyr and randomly capitalizing words? If you're not going to explain some things, such as why, despite a successful KS campaign and three years of work and promises you released a video of a game that looked like hell, then I suggest a better use of your time might be spent on GM. Or you can explain why, despite being involved in several projects, you've never actually released a finished product and while you're at it, perhaps explain why you were working on other projects while you were supposed to be working on GM.

Also, how in the world are we getting in your way of making good on the promises made during your KS three years ago? If reading this thread causes you any kind of obstacle aside from your apparent incompetence thus far in making GM, then again I suggest you find a better use for your time. Don't waste it trying to make yet more promises; you're still in the hole from your previous ones.

Oh, I see one approach Joel seems to be considering for securing more funds: Steam!
    Last edited by Taojnhy; 2015-04-13 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I had no idea Jason sought money for another game before making good on gm.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5669117
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...fathers-keeper
    Now that just makes everything awkward. The personal story bit didn't help either.

And I really thought all the fun was over after TOA's kickstarter failed, several of their fans began to wake up, and Brax went into hiding to come up with a new scam, but now we have the GM stuff and it's only gotten more hilarious.

Ok, first, off, you are not a developer. You have been doing ´this´ for about 10 years now, and have not produced a single product. You have a bunch of broken, half finished stuff. You paid $100 and bought a framework that you made minor changes to and now say it is ´your´ framework, which doesn´t really matter because it doesn´t work anyway. You have a bunch of other abandoned shit, and after 3 years and $100k you have produced a video for GM that looks like someone´s first day in Unity.

Second.. your public stress test? yeah.. see James, that is your thing.. there is ALWAYS something coming in a few weeks that will show the world you are a real developer.. but do you not remember that in 2012, you were telling people there was an alpha coming in a few weeks? For the past 3 years, you have constantly been talking about stuff that is coming in a ´a few weeks´ that will show everything.. but the only thing people got was the horrible, horrible video in January. Always the same pattern, the things you promised last month are not possible because of someone elses fault, but don´t worry, because there is a new promise coming in 3 weeks that will prove everything!

Nobody is bringing your family into this. YOU brought your family into this by posting those logs trying to make Jason look bad. YOU are the one who put your mom´s name out there, YOU are the one who showed that her names is attached to the admin of the website. You are the one that said you are using her paypal account. We aren´t saying anything bad about your mother, what I am saying is that it is pathetic, beyond pathetic really, that a 30 year old that goes around the internet calling himself a CEO and lead developer uses his mother´s name in an official capacity.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread maybe has broken some type of MMO-C record. We have now had 3 different CEOs respond in a single thread.

Although still waiting for any verification that there is actually a company called MMOI that has been registered anywhere. I honestly think it is BS. James said yesterday in his forums when asked ´who is on the BoD´ something to the effect ´we will have department heads on the BoD´ (future tense). But BoD information needs to be included when you submit the original paperwork. Of course possible they did the paperwork with Joel, James and a third person on the BoD, and will add the department heads later.. wouldn´t it be hilarious if Penelope was the third person on the paperwork?

It just cracks me up the conversations and terminology though ´department heads´.. and someone else is a ´junior level modeler´.. lol. like they have a slew of them, and some senior level modelers and all these guys with tons of experience to be department heads. Read the chat logs.. the people working with James are all these random people with no experience. The one guy, I kid you not, said that he needed an upfront payment because his internet was about to be cut off.. no idea if he was a junior level guy, a senior level guy, a department head or maybe on the BoD. It really is the same as ToA where they make up these random titles and then give them to each other to make themselves sound official.

It is funny how you can do that. James worked for a few weeks with a real development team.. he was a volunteer and after a few weeks, they stopped sending him stuff to do. A short time later, he is lead developer of GM and CEO of MMOI
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-04-13 at 06:11 AM.

Loving the name, makes you sound like a real bigshot!

Nobody slandered your family at all, we're only trashing on you, because face it, you deserve it. The only payment we get from ripping you a new one, is the sheer entertainment and joy we get from watching you squirm and conjure new "solutions" (aka lies) to every concern we voice. I also read the thread on MMORPG and been over at your own forums. STOP comming here and trying to defend yourself. It's not working, you are only digging your own grave so much deeper. When will you understand that?
    Last edited by Maddoc; 2015-04-13 at 07:32 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    The only payment we get from ripping you a new one, is the sheer entertainment and joy we get from watching you squirm and conjure new "solutions" (aka lies) to every concern we voice.
    Seriously, it's like leading kittens in circles with a piece of string. Easy and provides hours of entertainment. Though unlike the kittens, I daresay our various Stooges don't enjoy it nearly as much...

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Now that just makes everything awkward. The personal story bit didn't help either.
    I think the typo (fairy=ferry) in that story was the funniest thing I'd read all day:

"Ok Jason, wait 15 minutes and call this number. He should be getting off the fairy! Ok?" she said.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Seriously, it's like leading kittens in circles with a piece of string. Easy and provides hours of entertainment. Though unlike the kittens, I daresay our various Stooges don't enjoy it nearly as much...
    And honestly, the best part of this is leading them right where we want them I am not so sure about this stress test.. they tried to have one a few weeks ago and like 5 people showed up.