Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So you are cool with calling Brax a lying POS but won't disclose what this supposed situation is with Teddy? And of course the only plans involve them begging for money, I mean what other option was there? Most of us fully lay the blame at Brax's incompetent feet anyways. That guy is a friggin idiot and it shows.
    Shrugs, I promised not to diclose what I've learned, if push comes to shove and I see Brax float another idiotic plan I will drop the info I have.

I used to actually think TOA was a great idea, what really turned me off of everything about FC was the "lore" they dropped during the last failed campaign. They fail as writers, they fail as developers, and the crap they've dropped in terms of lore is atrocious.

You know, I never thought anyone could more atrocious writing than Twilight or 50 shades of Grey. My hat is off to FC for producing some of the worst lore I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

Quote Originally Posted by srs View Post
    Shrugs, I promised not to diclose what I've learned, if push comes to shove and I see Brax float another idiotic plan I will drop the info I have.

I used to actually think TOA was a great idea, what really turned me off of everything about FC was the "lore" they dropped during the last failed campaign. They fail as writers, they fail as developers, and the crap they've dropped in terms of lore is atrocious.

You know, I never thought anyone could more atrocious writing than Twilight or 50 shades of Grey. My hat is off to FC for producing some of the worst lore I've ever had the displeasure of reading.
    "Hey guys, random person you've never met here! Brax is a liar and I have sensational proof, but I can't tell you. Because, reasons! Trust me though, I'm legit!"

Yeah, no. Either disclose what you have or leave. Don't bait people into a witch-hunt with absolutely no proof or self-reputation.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    "Hey guys, random person you've never met here! Brax is a liar and I have sensational proof, but I can't tell you. Because, reasons! Trust me though, I'm legit!"

Yeah, no. Either disclose what you have or leave. Don't bait people into a witch-hunt with absolutely no proof or self-reputation.
    Ah, c'mon glo; let the guy (assumption) dip his toe in the water first before calling him out for not jumping into the diving area.

Welcome to the best thread on MMO-C srs. It goes without saying that we'd all like to know what you know, but some of us can respect your position. Henceforth I move that we call such a stance "Azrile's Conundrum".

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    It goes without saying that we'd all like to know what you know, but some of us can respect your position. Henceforth I move that we call such a stance "Azrile's Conundrum".
    Poor Azrile getting so much flack, TOA was a train wreck waiting to happen, Azrile just got a front row seat.

The info I have is only known by a handful of people and thus leaking it could piss off the person that told me in confidence.

It will come out if necessary but it's not like FC has any credibility left to trash....

Myobi who do you think I am?

Deleted
    You could just do it. They're not going to know that it was you, and even if they figure it out and pester you - literally who cares about some people on the internet? You don't know any of these guys IRL, they don't know you. You really think they're watching this thread, and will make the connection from you being called "srs" to you being one of "a handful" of people, and then somehow cause real-life repercussions because you told on Brax? Just deny everything, and give us the juicy bits. Heck, PM it to me and I'll edit out all "sensitive" info/names and post it under my username instead.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-04-19 at 12:44 AM.

Poor Azrile getting so much flack, TOA was a train wreck waiting to happen, Azrile just got a front row seat.
    The info I have is only known by a handful of people and thus leaking it could piss off the person that told me in confidence.
    It will come out if necessary but it's not like FC has any credibility left to trash....
    Myobi who do you think I am?
    I already know who you are. Their forum volunteer who did the networking for them. Not Gassy, Not Teddy, the other guy...

also.. trust me.. it is not a good idea to come here and say you have secret information that you might share with people... and then not share it...

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    You could just do it. They're not going to know that it was you, and even if they figure it out and pester you - literally who cares about some people on the internet? You don't know any of these guys IRL, they don't know you. You really think they're watching this thread, and will make the connection from you being called "srs" to you being one of "a handful" of people, and then somehow cause real-life repercussions because you told on Brax? Just deny everything, and give us the juicy bits. Heck, PM it to me and I'll edit out all "sensitive" info/names and post it under my username instead.
    Stop feeding him, he's just looking for attention. That's the entire point of those kind of posts. "Look at me, I'm important because I know special things even though I can't prove it!"
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Stop feeding him, he's just looking for attention. That's the entire point of those kind of posts. "Look at me, I'm important because I know special things even though I can't prove it!"
    my god, I hate people like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Yeah people like that should be crucified on the forums and then have it brought up every other page in the thread.

Deleted
    Heh. At least you're self aware I suppose.

So I clicked randomly through the thread since my last post but honestly it's like 100 pages and I cba. Someone sum up this Greedmonger drama and the mongs that came posting here for me?

Are you Teddy? What circumstance is push comes to shove?

- - - Updated - - -

I already know who you are. Their forum volunteer who did the networking for them. Not Gassy, Not Teddy, the other guy...
    What makes you believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Heh. At least you're self aware I suppose.

So I clicked randomly through the thread since my last post but honestly it's like 100 pages and I cba. Someone sum up this Greedmonger drama and the mongs that came posting here for me?
    Greedmonger summary. They wasted 100k and 3 years, Proctor produced a horrible video that made ToA look like WOW. But it is all good, because they formed a new company and changed company names to a company that Proctor said he had started last year. Proctor also cut-n-pasted his same comment he has been giving every month for the last three years. ´sorry I can´t deliver what I promsed last month, but it isn´t my fault, but just wait, this new thing will fix everything.. i promise´.. He also admitted to wasting a ton of money buying stuff before doing any research and then having to admit it didn´t do what he thought it did. what else? oh yeah, he has been collecting disability while simultaneiously being a lead developer of a MMORPG.. but if you are an investor in Greedmonger, don´t worry, because despite his disability not allowing him to work, he can work just fine..

The Dunning–Kruger effect (mentioned in another thread) describes these people perfectly.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude.
    lol
    David Dunning:
    If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-04-19 at 03:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Heh I couldn't watch much of that video because of the 'fake laughter' of the guy who is Jim Sterling I guess? But holy shit that game looks fucking tragic. Text to speech, horrible framerate...yeesh!
    Yea, the developer then answered with the typical DMCA takedown and posted an open letter (in terrible english) calling Jim a bully for critizising his "game".

That actually sounds like an astonishing achivement.

I'm impressed !
    Last edited by mmocb5a3e46746; 2015-04-19 at 08:18 AM.

Plot twist, srs is one of Myobis alts.

mind = blown

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptables View Post

mind = blown
    Plot twist, everyone involved in TOA is Myobi.

Myobi is Brax

Myobi is Azrile

The more I think about it fuck it.

And what do they offer him in return? Oh, he can "buy himself in" for 15% for a mere 50k.
    They wanted Teddy to buy into the shitty company for $50,000.

Teddy busted his ass for $25k a year and right before the kickstarter was about to launch and his "contract" was up they gave him this generous offer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliptables View Post

mind = blown
    That Portugese prick is everywhere. Perhaps the Alexa data was accurate afterall.

They wanted Teddy to buy into the shitty company for $50,000.
    That is really a good deal. Think about it. They had people pay $70k just for the opportunity to play a demo video. For a mere $50k, Teddy could not only play the game, but get a percentage of the profits.

Would be nice if FC confirmed this ´generous´ offer they gave to Teddy. One of the Stoogies had mentioned they offered Teddy a part of the company.. funny that he left out the part that Teddy would have to actually buy that part of the company. The funny thing is, even if they were just giving Teddy 50% of the company to keep making the game for them, it still is a horrible offer since Teddy was never going to see any money. But if they were indeed going to make him pay $50k for a part of the company, then their fans should really see how delusional Brax is.... oh wait.. no they won´t. Ellysia will say it would be a small price to pay for a part of such a glorious company with unlimited potential.

This is probably the next part of their scam and the plan they are working on right now.. trying to find a ´developer´ who would be willing to buy a percentage of the company AND make the game for them. Hey, why not double-down on your insanity.

Would be nice if FC confirmed this ´generous´ offer they gave to Teddy.
    Heh, FC would just deny, deny, deny.

They can't take criticism and they can't tell the truth.

I thought about posting the info over there but according to the person that told me this Teddy didn't want to get into a public argument of he said, she said.

It wouldn't surprise me if all the volunteers that were promised a piece of the company were actually given the same offer.

Why find a publisher or real investor when you can promise suckers a percentage of the game if they just give you a lot of money.

Is there an objective tldr on all the storypoints about this games' development somewhere?