Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I can't be the only one thinking that the OP has wasted way to much time on comparing a non-issue. I commend you on the effort though, it looks really well done...just seems like a lot of effort gone to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I can't be the only one thinking that the OP has wasted way to much time on comparing a non-issue. I commend you on the effort though, it looks really well done...just seems like a lot of effort gone to waste.
    Can you specify said non-issue? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I've not played horde for years (when i did, i got mainly trollz) but i have of course tried fem troll models (even reported few bugs back in beta, esp. that buggy bow animation...*) and that shoulder armor alignment bothers me. Some (mainly newer ones) are sitting ok, but some simpler ones are too far back, even clipping into model:

Also that DK face bug is hilarious. Some faces (not all) get manly jaw if you are DK:

Anyway, i really like fem troll faces, they are SHARP and beautiful (imo). I don't know about animations though... but they are still 9000x better than my current messy fem nelf and draenei faces. Fuuuuck!

* Actually i reported many fem draenei bugs TWICE back in beta, none of them are fixed. That's why i'm not really expect anything.
    I'll put it to the OP, thanks for mentioning it and thanks for giving feedback. And Yep troll women are beautiful!
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-04-21 at 09:54 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

So... That the male trolls now suffer a spinal collapse in more than a few animations, have a case of muscular atrophy on their back, and have hairstyles completely lacking animations...

and the females still have bugs like this:

and this:

... Is a non-issue? Thanks for posting and bumping this thread but I don't see the point of your post otherwise...

Oh, that reminds me... Troll males have some bow animation issues as well:

Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-21 at 01:57 PM.

Apparently kneeling animation have been fixed on PTR aswell, troll female is breathing, but she doesn't blink :P
    It also appears that the bug on sitting position is fixed aswell but I need to investigate further.

As long as it's great that female gets tweaks there and there it saddens me that male doesn't get any attention at all. I wonder how it's with nelf males. Becuase those two models are the most unifinished ones.

Anyway gotta make some corrections on OP post.

PS. I have huge request to re-post this thread on US forums. I would be very grateful if someone would help me reach as many people as possible

Oh and I wonder how do you guys likne my designs of troll male hairstyles?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    *wink wink* Hey... How U Doin'?

Don't look at it this way, It's becuase elves look so much worse this is why they got so much pages xD JK
    Trolls are sexy in their own way http://oi58.tinypic.com/2rhn18h.jpg
    Oh, I know... Why do you think I made 3 male trolls ? And two of them include the ceremonial leather harness in their transmog, even. But one of them is a monk, so I get a free pass on that one because monks must always be half-naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggudrai View Post
    I hear ya... My troll doesn't have goggles though, but his eyepatch floats above his eye... though that's an issue with all of the models.
    Hahaha yeah I was looking at your screenshots thinking "wow, sick shades" but whoops it's an eyepatch

They did fuck up the hairlines, here's something else that bothered me :

Come on mon I'm supposed to have hair on my temples (also : the goggles being positioned correctly) (and also : he used to smile more !

What happened to the face paint with the light green hair ? It used to be so much darker :

Now it's almost the same color as the teal skin color and it just looks bad IMO

(nevermind the pic, it's like the only close-up I could find of my monk since 6.0, and that Ultraxion RP gets boring)
    but I guess we aren't the only ones with color problems, looking at night elves and their hair/beard/lipstick (smh my Alliance main is a NE dude, why do I always pick the low-res ones)

And nice work on the male hairstyles, I've always found it weird that player trolls didn't have access to #5. And I want those Tied Sideburns and Wild Tail.
    Last edited by mmoc28280ad8ec; 2015-04-21 at 05:00 PM.

The female running animation's are a bit better, but still feel a bit awkward.

Oh my god, the last pic! O///O

He is so adorable! My priestess would so much like to take him home!
    But I have to admit even in low res, troll males looks good

But ye they changed the colours of paint, for example my male is using aquamarine haircolour, and the colour of pain was dark shade of purple, now it's super intense variation of this colour that doesn't look as good.

I checked the bug with the animation of hand on troll lady, and it appears that it only affects NPCs (It's visible on Jena (who is in front of Col'in) in Warspear Inn, and on sitting headhuntresses in Axefall in Spires of Arrak).

I also mentioned the hairlines with my post, on the braided one he has balding spots, which looks rather bad. I'll keep updating the thread, and I'm very grateful for feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by runepower View Post
    The female running animation's are a bit better, but still feel a bit awkward.
    I think it's very decent run animation. Your nick sounds familiar, are you from EU forums?
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-12-15 at 08:20 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    Oh, I know... Why do you think I made 3 male trolls ? And two of them include the ceremonial leather harness in their transmog, even. But one of them is a monk, so I get a free pass on that one because monks must always be half-naked.
    Take a look at our Warchief, you get a free pass for just being a troll... Gotta show off some fur!

Now it's almost the same color as the teal skin color and it just looks bad IMO

This, so much THIS ... I knew something was bothering me about that facepaint even though I've never had it on any of my characters, just could never pinpoint what. I can't imagine how the heck that went through! It's on the opposite scale of that colour's entire spectrum! D:

(nevermind the pic, it's like the only close-up I could find of my monk since 6.0, and that Ultraxion RP gets boring)
    but I guess we aren't the only ones with color problems, looking at night elves and their hair/beard/lipstick (smh my Alliance main is a NE dude, why do I always pick the low-res ones)

And nice work on the male hairstyles, I've always found it weird that player trolls didn't have access to #5. And I want those Tied Sideburns and Wild Tail.
    Indeed, been wanting #5 all since the Zul'aman patch. Loving the Zul'jin-esque one too... and the Trollverine = pure genius... I'd have to make a new troll for each hairstyle if these got implemented.

- - - Updated - - -

But I have to admit even in low res, troll males looks good
    From certain angles at least... That screenie being one of them... though the flat triceps there are painfully obvious gah.

Sorry, sorry...

But ye they changed the colours of paint, for example my male is using aquamarine haircolour, and the colour of pain was dark shade of purple, now it's super intense variation of this colour that doesn't look as good.
    Shit! This too! I think it's the same I have on my shadow priest, the one in the screenshots I took that you used to demonstrate how those braids animate iffily during melee animations.

I disagree. Blizzard has said they will be tweaking models and animations based on feedback after WoD launched. A few things have already been fixed or changed because of this.

Wow. These are some really great suggestions - the hairstyles are especially good.

I'm missing a troll male bum. There's the back (which is weirdly angled and flat in itself) and there are the legs, and nothing happens in between. I'm not asking for a fulll Kardashian blood elf female booty, but some hint of an athletics's cheeks to match the rest of the body would be nice.

And I'm gonna need that Combobreaker hair style soon. Not "Soon (tm)", but soon as in a couple of weeks! It looks awesome!

I highly support this idea, and also think the new troll casting release / bending and walking animation is just so disappointing =(. As a troll with nearly every char, I feel sad they did this to them.

Hairstyle suggestions look really good, and I would defo go for most of them.

As I said, thanks for making this post, I hope blizzard listens.

Deleted
    Why the erect hairstyle should get fixed.

Also i support this thread!

Don't forget about the ears. Troll female ears are full of depth and shapes. Troll male ears are pretty much flat pieces of cardboard with some texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Don't forget about the ears. Troll female ears are full of depth and shapes. Troll male ears are pretty much flat pieces of cardboard with some texture.
    After closer inspection comparing the female and troll model I'm not sure I fully agree that the quality is that much different, though the male generally has lesser shading and detail than the female, which I think is what's giving that impression in this case too... Particularly because the male's ears are so much bigger and it doesn't have much more creases or contours than the smaller, which leaves for a lot of just long, flat surface area.

... So... Actually, I think I do agree, I was just trying to figure out what it is that makes it so, because the females doesn't really have a lot more shape geometry wise to their ears, but there's more detail to them texturewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're right, I managed to dig out one of your old pictures on which it's evident.

I'll add comments on it, becuase also there is visible former eye colour and different than original warpaint colour- previously it was dark purple not shade of pink.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

You're right, I managed to dig out one of your old pictures on which it's evident.

I'll add comments on it, becuase also there is visible former eye colour and different than original warpaint colour- previously it was dark purple not shade of pink.
    You know, I think I give... I can kind of see it in this...

And by the Loa I wish we had that kind of eyecolour </3 It looks so awesome...

Eyecolours back plz!

Deleted
    Wait a fucking minute, they took away the distinct eye colors in a recent patch or something ? I thought I had misunderstood the OP... WHY ?

Maybe their ears should be made to look more akin to the ears on this artpiece? Bit more ridged along the outer part of the inner ear.

I do feel that the model took a lil bit of inspiration from Alex Horley's art to begin with really, which I thought positive... Would still prefer a body closer to Vol'jin's though, or at least not less muscular than the original which I feel they are by the diminished mass and contours in their back, shoulders, triceps and thighs... As I detailed in my first post with screenshots back on page 1

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a fucking minute, they took away the distinct eye colors in a recent patch or something ? I thought I had misunderstood the OP... WHY ?
    They were changed in the original WoD beta for some reason. They've been like that since the models were released into the live game.

I think they did this to try and mimick the old model more, which never had as big irises as the one in the early beta. But what they did instead was make the irises even smaller than they were originally. From a distance or at least, without having to zoom in so far the model goes transparent, I could tell that there was colour in their eyes in the original model.

With the new I can't, they look mostly black... Which lends to a more cartoonish, almost... well... stoned look that's much harder to take seriously.

Yet Goblins and Worgen continue to be completely ignored despite so many problems.
    Oh aye.

Perhaps I should be more specific there and add information that unique eye colours disappeard from WoD beta, only NPCs in live version managed to keep until 6.1 unique eye colours.

I made a comment on lack of butt and about low definition of ears.

They're in original post by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    Yet Goblins and Worgen continue to be completely ignored despite so many problems.
    Goblin and Worgen are fairly recent models. Goblins are holding up pretty fine, I agree that thsoe models also should get certain tweaks- especially worgen female. But we're discussing right now revamps of vanilla models who had to suffer 10 years looking how they did , and even with new models they have certain issues.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria