Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelun View Post
    Its ARCHIMONDE as the last boss people.

That should be the one and only indicator that 6.2 is the last raid tier.
    Halion came after Lich King

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Halion came after Lich King
    Indeed, so if there is a filler boss after Archimonde, it'll be a similar no-name no-influence no-story boss.

It's alternate universe Archimonde, with no relation to our Legion and no background prior to this tier. We didn't even know he was in Draenor.

Yes, it probably is the last tier, but it's a lame-ass boss compared to Gul'dan, who will probably survive to trigger the next expansion or Grommash, who might even survive and stay in Draenor as if he didn't just try to kill us all or anything.

I mean, any Legion commander would be as threatening and relevant as Archimonde in this situation, which means that he, as the main villain, isn't all that unique or interesting.

Not to mention we already killed him twice, in Warcraft 3 and CoT: Hyjal. It's as good a choice for the final expansion boss as Onyxia.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2015-04-24 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post
    Seeing that we finish our legendary ring in 6.2 tells me 6.2 is gonna be the last major patch of this xpac.

They aint gonna wheel out grom and guldan in 6.3 and those 2 lore characters are being saved for up and coming xpacs.
    We've had Legendary's finish in the middle raid tier. Ulduar for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    We've had Legendary's finish in the middle raid tier. Ulduar for example.
    Only to start a new one in the next. Val'anyr, Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, and Fangs were all one-tier Legendaries; all were the "old model" of creation.

Yes, it probably is the last tier, but it's a lame-ass boss compared to Gul'dan, who will probably survive to trigger the next expansion or Grommash, who might even survive and stay in Draenor as if he didn't just try to kill us all or anything.
    Didn't Blizzard state waaay back(Blizzcon maybe) that grommash is and was always going to be the final boss?

EDIT: Found a link for it

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/14/w...boss-revealed/

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Didn't Blizzard state waaay back(Blizzcon maybe) that grommash is and was always going to be the final boss?

EDIT: Found a link for it

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/14/w...boss-revealed/
    If anything, we know he'll be there, but we wouldn't kill Archimonde to turn around and consider Grommash a relevant threat.

In fact, he may just get squished by Archimonde as some kind of 'redemption'. Not that he believes he must be redeemed. Nor should we consider him anything but a genocidal brute.

It looks like the ilevel for the finished ring is 775 or so, the question is do we have to kill archimonde to complete the ring quest or if it can be completed on the front end of the raid. The ilevel is high enough when complete that it could easily fit in another raid tier and still be BiS, and blizzard should avoid giving us an awesome item that is only useful after you have completed the content, people want to use the ring not use it after they have cleared the content.

So we figure out when we get the ring that could tell us a lot about another tier, in this case if like in SoO you can get it before stepping into SoO then it is last tier, if you can only get it from Archimonde then it is not the end of the expansion. There are other villains that could serve as end game bosses than just archimonde, like Gul'dan and the promise of Hellscream being the end boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If anything, we know he'll be there, but we wouldn't kill Archimonde to turn around and consider Grommash a relevant threat.

In fact, he may just get squished by Archimonde as some kind of 'redemption'. Not that he believes he must be redeemed. Nor should we consider him anything but a genocidal brute.
    A redemption story with this Grom would be stupid. They already committed to him being a villain. He already had his redemption in our universe, anyway. Hopefully, once the dust settles in HFC we'll have some sort of resolution - whether it ends up being Farahlon or some other ass pull (after HFC there isn't much, if any, Iron Horde presence on the mainland).

Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    A redemption story with this Grom would be stupid. They already committed to him being a villain. He already had his redemption in our universe, anyway. Hopefully, once the dust settles in HFC we'll have some sort of resolution - whether it ends up being Farahlon or some other ass pull (after HFC there isn't much, if any, Iron Horde presence on the mainland).
    I could see him surviving. A defeated warrior, leading what remains of his clan, knowing that his days of conquering are over. I wouldn't mind that.

But if Blizzard kills him in some 'epic' way against Archimonde, then I'll be pissed. It's not like he would want to protect the world of those who just destroyed his. I'd rather see him die killing Kil'rogg for betraying him, but we already know that doesn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It looks like the ilevel for the finished ring is 775 or so, the question is do we have to kill archimonde to complete the ring quest or if it can be completed on the front end of the raid. The ilevel is high enough when complete that it could easily fit in another raid tier and still be BiS, and blizzard should avoid giving us an awesome item that is only useful after you have completed the content, people want to use the ring not use it after they have cleared the content.

So we figure out when we get the ring that could tell us a lot about another tier, in this case if like in SoO you can get it before stepping into SoO then it is last tier, if you can only get it from Archimonde then it is not the end of the expansion. There are other villains that could serve as end game bosses than just archimonde, like Gul'dan and the promise of Hellscream being the end boss.
    I think the item level is probably reflective of their wanting it, like the cloak, to be useful going forward into the next expansion. We don't have item level upgrades this time around, so the extra levels on it probably just make up for that. I also can't see them changing the philosophy of it being useful for progression, instead of getting it to farm once you outgear everything anyway and see no real benefit, so I expect again, you'll need to do very little in HFC before you can go and pick it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cute Anarchist View Post
    Sunwell came after Archimonde. :P
    AU Kil'Jaeden last boss?? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    AU Kil'Jaeden last boss?? D:
    Not before killing him in the main universe, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, so if there is a filler boss after Archimonde, it'll be a similar no-name no-influence no-story boss.
    Wasn't Halion some form of story preparation for Cata? :3
    -K

Illidan and kil'jaeden came after Archimonde the last time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Not before killing him in the main universe, no.
    I think it's pretty normal to accept by now that end-of-expac bosses don't actually die, Deathwing was the exception.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Wasn't Halion some form of story preparation for Cata? :3
    Aside from being a Twilight Dragon that showed up to chew on Red Dragon eggs, I don't recall much of any story or preparation beyond 'more of these dragons are coming'.

Deleted
    For me the strongest indication that we (should) get a third raid tier is that the movie got delayed, and that i think they planned a timed release with the next expac.

And now that its delayed for 6 months, we need additional content.. if blizzard wont try another 12 months of dry phase.

I think it's pretty normal to accept by now that end-of-expac bosses don't actually die, Deathwing was the exception.
    The thing is, we already didn't kill him once. Next time we see Kil'jaeden, he'll probably go down.

Besides, we only know these two because of Velen and the draenei.

Who knows if the Legion has gotten more lieutenants as powerful as them ever since they conquered Argus. Blizzard could create several new Legion lords that way, it wouldn't be that bad if we finally got rid of the eredar.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    For me the strongest indication that we (should) get a third raid tier is that the movie got delayed, and that i think they planned a timed release with the next expac.

And now that its delayed for 6 months, we need additional content.. if blizzard wont try another 12 months of dry phase.
    Blizzard has no say in the movie release date, Legendary does. If anything, Blizzard could release the expansion early or late based on the movie, but they probably wouldn't (and shouldn't) do that either.

The movie will attract new people to WoW, and new players already have a few expansions to chew on. They don't need to time it perfectly. Coming a few months before or after the movie would work just fine. Which means anytime, really.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2015-04-24 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

Release date shuffle =/= delay. The change was Universal moving out of a dreaded spring release and moving it to a summer tentpole release. That is only a good a thing. It means that what they have seen so far is good enough for them to move it to a highly desired release time frame and make huge money.

So how come our Thrall Green God doesn't go hang with Grom ever? I thought they were tight

So does this mean Cenarius is alive or dead in this timeline? Maybe he will come and kill Manny, could our timeline Thrall go and talk to past timeline Thrall and tell him to invest into Apple stock ?