Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    I am attempting to make a macro that will basically allow me to spam my pet's precast
    I want to press it the first time and have /petattack
    and then the second press be /petpassive
    Dunno if this is even possible?
    Maybe using a mod key so it wont be prone to errors while spamming.
    Code:
    /petattack
    /petpassive [mod:alt]

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

If I want to cast a (pet)heal on myself when I target nothing, but on my target when I target someone, how work?

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    If I want to cast a (pet)heal on myself when I target nothing, but on my target when I target someone, how work?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@target,help,nodead][@player] (pet)heal
    I'm not certain, since you specified a pet heal, if [@player] is needed or just [] would be sufficient, because I'm not sure what the "default" target is for a pet cast. Probably the player, but I can't test it, so redundant and safe it is.

Also, this will treat "enemy targetted" as "cast on player", right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@target,help,nodead][@player] (pet)heal
    I'm not certain, since you specified a pet heal, if [@player] is needed or just [] would be sufficient, because I'm not sure what the "default" target is for a pet cast. Probably the player, but I can't test it, so redundant and safe it is.

Also, this will treat "enemy targetted" as "cast on player", right now.
    It works!

Thanks friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cleartarget
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][]Cyclone
    /cast [mod:shift] Incapacitating Roar
    What I want is a macro that without mod:shift cast cyclone on the mouseover target only
    and [mod:shift] Incapacitating Roar part to work.

Help me out plz, I clearly scrrew at least one thing up
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cleartarget
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][]Cyclone
    What I want is a macro that without mod:shift cast cyclone on the mouseover target only
    and [mod:shift] Incapacitating Roar part to work.

Help me out plz, I clearly scrrew at least one thing up

The [] in front of Cyclone is what's breaking it, because that's telling the macro to cast Cyclone no matter what the conditions are, so it never gets to the Incapacitating Roar part. You can fix this a couple of ways, but you should generally put the mod parts of macros in front of non-modded parts, as a rule.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Cyclone

Two quick notes, you don't need exists, as it's implied by both harm and nodead. You also don't need the cleartarget, as mouseover overrides your current target anyway. If you're using the cleartarget for some other reason, you can add it back. It shouldn't break anything.

This will stop your current cast, and, if you're holding shift, cast Incapacitating Roar. If you're not holding shift, it will attempt to cast Cyclone on your mouseover target. If a mouseover doesn't exist, is friendly, or is dead, it will attempt to cast Cyclone normally (aka on your target).

If you don't want to it to cast on your target at all, no matter what, remove the [] part.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Rarch just not for the proper code but for passing some knowledge
    Will implement it once im done in World of Tanks

You also don't need the cleartarget, as mouseover overrides your current target anyway.
    Old habit of all those macros where you are about to cast a mouseover but a melee hits you right before and then me HAVING a target overrides my intended mouseover.
    Crude but cheap solution I know.

Ugh, had so much grief over that
    Last edited by Bakis; 2015-05-01 at 07:19 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, trying to get a macro to mark Flamemender and Man-at-Arms during Thogar. I am not very smart when it comes to macros, so my macro kept marking whatever I was targeting.
    Basically I need some help with making a macro that will just let me hit a button to target and mark Grom'kar Flamemender and Grom'kar Man-at-Arms if they exist, but won't mark anything at all if they don't exist. Any help would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Hey guys, trying to get a macro to mark Flamemender and Man-at-Arms during Thogar. I am not very smart when it comes to macros, so my macro kept marking whatever I was targeting.
    Basically I need some help with making a macro that will just let me hit a button to target and mark Grom'kar Flamemender and Grom'kar Man-at-Arms if they exist, but won't mark anything at all if they don't exist. Any help would be awesome.
    There's an option in DBM called Set icons for Gromkar Man-at-Arms, and for the other guys, this will put an "X" marker on them.

Code:
    /cleartarget
    /tar Grom'kar Firemender
    /stopmacro [noexists][dead]
    /tm 7

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    There's an option in DBM called Set icons for Gromkar Man-at-Arms, and for the other guys, this will put an "X" marker on them.

Code:
    /cleartarget
    /tar Grom'kar Firemender
    /stopmacro [noexists][dead]
    /tm 7
    Oh there is? lol I was wondering why something like it wasn't done with DBM in the first place. Thanks for your help.

How would I go about creating a WA to show an icon for what weapon I'm currently using? Was looking through the options and couldn't figure it out. I weapon swap (just hotkey to a different set) for cleaving but sometimes lose track .

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolla View Post
    How would I go about creating a WA to show an icon for what weapon I'm currently using? Was looking through the options and couldn't figure it out. I weapon swap (just hotkey to a different set) for cleaving but sometimes lose track .

This is really the wrong thread, but... Just make an Aura with Trigger: Status > Item Equipped, and select one of the weapons that you swap out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    This is really the wrong thread, but... Just make an Aura with Trigger: Status > Item Equipped, and select one of the weapons that you swap out.
    Oops, you're right - Had both threads open haha. Thanks for the answer though!

15+ Year Old Account
    /cast [@mouseover,mod:shift,exists,nodead] Ironbark
    /castsequence [@player] reset=60 Barkskin, Ironbark

What am I doing wrong *looks at the macro overlord Rarch*

/cast [@mouseover,mod:shift,exists,nodead] Ironbark
    /castsequence [@player] reset=60 Barkskin, Ironbark

What am I doing wrong *looks at the macro overlord Rarch*
    I don't know, but at a guess you expect that to cast barkskin on you every sixty seconds, and ironbark if you hit it any time between, right? /castsequence reset=60 means reset 60 seconds after *THIS BUTTON WAS LAST PRESSED*, not "after the first spell was cast".

This is by deliberate design to make it unusable for "cast X on cooldown, Y in between". Blizzard consider picking which spell to cast to be part of the skill of the game, so while they provide, eg, "help/harm" to make bindings usable on different target types, they deliberately make it unable to do this "cast on CD" sort of thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to make a macro for my Druid and I want it to summon my force of nature and hug it, without losing target. What I have so far isn't working because It hugs my target when I summon the treant. If I cast a second treant it'll work as I want where I hug the treant but I don't lose target. But the problem is I don't want to hug my victims, just trees.

#showtooltip
    /cast force of nature
    /target Treant
    /hug
    /targetlasttarget

My druid is named Hugatree (real original, I know) but it's just so dumb I have to do it now.... you understand.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I'm trying to make a macro for my Druid and I want it to summon my force of nature and hug it, without losing target. What I have so far isn't working because It hugs my target when I summon the treant. If I cast a second treant it'll work as I want where I hug the treant but I don't lose target. But the problem is I don't want to hug my victims, just trees.

#showtooltip
    /cast force of nature
    /target Treant
    /hug
    /targetlasttarget

My druid is named Hugatree (real original, I know) but it's just so dumb I have to do it now.... you understand.

I guess your macro doesn't work on the first treant because it tries to target and hug the treant the exact moment you press the button, but the treant isn't yet created (because your force of nature command needs [your ping] ms to go to the server and come back to your client).
    Something could probably be done with "/in 1" to account for this delay, but that doesn't seem to be feasible in fight

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I don't know, but at a guess you expect that to cast barkskin on you every sixty seconds, and ironbark if you hit it any time between, right? /castsequence reset=60 means reset 60 seconds after *THIS BUTTON WAS LAST PRESSED*, not "after the first spell was cast".

This is by deliberate design to make it unusable for "cast X on cooldown, Y in between". Blizzard consider picking which spell to cast to be part of the skill of the game, so while they provide, eg, "help/harm" to make bindings usable on different target types, they deliberately make it unable to do this "cast on CD" sort of thing.
    Just want to press R and do the cast sequence with myself as target with barkskin and iron bark.
    With the shift mod I want it to simply cast ironbark on mouseover.

Just want to press R and do the cast sequence with myself as target with barkskin and iron bark.

What Slippy is saying, is that when you press the macro without shift, it casts Barkskin on you, and starts a 60 second timer to reset the macro back to Barkskin. Then let's say 35 seconds later you press it again, without shift, and it casts Ironbark on you. Up to this point, everything probably works fine.

However, when you press the macro that second time, it doesn't mean that there's now 25 sec (60 - 35) left until it will cast Barkskin again, it means that the timer resets, and there's a fresh 60 seconds before the macro will cast Barkskin again.

There's no way to get around castsequence functioning like this, because as Slippy also said, Blizzard wants you figuring out which spells to cast yourself. The best you can do is bind them both to the same button and have Ironbark work on mouseover or yourself, but you can't account for the cool down of Barkskin in the macro.

Ah. You also can't use a target in a /castsequence. Fun times. Sorry, double-impossible.