Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoD 6.2... up to 6.4?

So, im not trying to especulate much about how the story will go, who kills who and so... But from a merchandising point of view, Blizz would want to show in game all the characters that would appear in the movie, so traveling at some point to AU Azeroth would be a way to do this.

As we allready are in an alternate universe, and the movie comes out in july next year, we can asume that hellfire would be ocming out around june-july. With a 6.3 in december, 6.4 with the movie and a new xpac in december.

Just saying, if they want to sell a game related to the movie, it must be WoD 6.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nope. 6.2 Literally concludes all possible plots started by WoD. It's ogre now. And traveling for one zone-sized AU azeroth would be just underwhelming.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^6.2 in its current form does NOT conclude all possible plots that were started in WoD, example:
    - Where did the Apexis go?
    - Who is Cho'gall's master?
    - Where is Wrathion?
    - Who was Ephial's master?
    And there's still a few others I have not listed that are open ended plots at this time.

From a story perspective, the idea of a 6.3 and 6.4 isn't entirely outlandish (lol), but we'll see what they choose to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luigisp View Post
    ^6.2 in its current form does NOT conclude all possible plots that were started in WoD, example:
    - Where is Wrathion?
    And there's still a few others I have not listed that are open ended plots at this time.

From a story perspective, the idea of a 6.3 and 6.4 isn't entirely outlandish (lol), but we'll see what they choose to do.
    I wouldn't bother, did you even see who the poster you're replying to is? Arrashi hates everything about wow because it's the new hip thing to do with this expansion. Of course, actually knowing what the fuck he is talking about is a completely different matter for him.

You are right though, there is still quite a bit more. Also, there is still the entire Ogre Empire to the south of Nagrand (you can see the tip of the continent, and it has been referenced at on the story focusing on Imperator Mar'gok. (Orge ships were blown out of the water by the southern orc watchpost that we attack for bonus objective)
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    - Where is Wrathion?

These are easy to respond:
    Apexis are counting grass with mok'nathal.
    Cho'galls master is probably lord dropped plot.
    Wrathion is in the place where kargath was supposed to go before he got axed from further plot.
    Ephials master will probably either never be mentioned again, or its just opening for next expansion.

I mean for the love of the god, they are killing whole cast and even bring some already dead ones to kill them again. Any furthering of plot would require adding new zones and given a pain it took to introduced jungle alone its pretty clear there won't be more new zones.

Deleted
    - Where is Wrathion?

They already said WoD is a two part expansion months ago. Those questions will probably be answered in the second part of 'WoD'.

And I'm pretty sure Cho'gall's master is Archimonde. It's a dark black void and he gets summoned via a black gate.

Im not talking about "missing plot lines", im talking marketing wise what makes more sense with an upcoming movie.

Movie-Game relation should be: either you make a game from the movie, or you make a movie out of a game and throw a new version of it so people consume it.

Look at Resident evil: they had a movie-game relationship for a while -even for crappy games-.

So did Mortal Kombat: movie 1 and 2 with games 3 and 4.

Doom movie with doom 3 game (game was 1 year before, so did the Hitman movie and game -with a new movie and a new game soon to come)

Silent hill took a game a year after

Prince of Persia did a movie and a game the same year

There is an Assassins Creed game on late 2015, and a movie coming on 2016.

So... why not the case with WoW? Its a good way to introduce the game to more people, by movies, and people would like to see those characters. Then, why not AU Azeroth! (We could finally see a Lodraeron managed by the alliance too)

Deleted
    Considering there is a huge team working on the next expansion in the background it's pretty clear the next expansion is ready to be shipped late this or early next year.

July 2015 Patch 6.2
    December 2015 Patch 7.0
    January-Februrary 2016 Expansion Release

They said 6 months per content patch is considered reasonable. Add 1-2 months pre-patch and there's your next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruktna View Post
    So... why not the case with WoW? Its a good way to introduce the game to more people, by movies, and people would like to see those characters. Then, why not AU Azeroth! (We could finally see a Lodraeron managed by the alliance too)
    Originally Posted by Alex Afrasiabi
    I still get the same question over and over again -- is there an alternate Azeroth to go with the alternate Draenor?
    Yes!

Are we going to see it?
    I would never say never, but it's not planned right now. (Source)

Also, the Azeroth of the Warcraft movie isn't the same AU as WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    AU Azeroth could look entirely different now from ours
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    And I'm pretty sure Cho'gall's master is Archimonde. It's a dark black void and he gets summoned via a black gate.
    Since Gul'dan is working for Archimonde/the Legion, it wouldn't make much sense for Cho'gall to rebel against Gul'dan the way he did, if they're both working for the same boss.

Cho'gall uses all kinds of void powers before his demise, so presumably there's some type of void-based entity backing him. Lately the Void is being expanded on as a power distinct from the Burning Legion and the Twisting Nether - we might not see more on this point this expansion, though I hope we do.

Where did the Apexis go?
    Their disappearance is referenced in some Archaeology items. It is not a major plot.

Who is Cho'gall's master?
    Blizzard insisted Cho'gall's fate (which included him mentioning his master) was not plot relevant.

Where is Wrathion?
    He's never been an overt player. No reason to assume that will stop now if it isn't already being foreshadowed.

Who was Ephial's master?
    Ephial was from a single questline not tied to any of the main plots.

Bonus:
    Ogre Continent
    Ambiguously canon. It hasn't been mentioned since the ogre capital was moved to Nagrand to offset the orc fatigue.

Warlords of Draenor is about the Iron Horde and the Warlords of Draenor. They came to Azeroth, we pushed them back, rallied allies against them, tore down their infrastructure, drove them into Gul'dan's hands, and now we're having a showdown with his masters. Gul'dan will be without allies and Grom is helping us. There is nowhere for the main plot to go after that. Every expansion has loose ends or questlines that aren't totally resolved, but once the main plot is resolved, they tend to move on to the next expansion.

We're done with the Warlords of Draenor. That's not to say they can't do more, but if they do, it's going to be one of two things:
    1) A proper bridge (Garrosh trial patch).
    2) Complete filler to kill time.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2015-05-18 at 11:41 PM.

the void, if the creation mythos is true, is one fo the two primeval forces(three maybe, if arcane is primeval). light and void clashed making what we see today.

so there may be some big, true evil in it. the old gods probably have some relationship to it, but void creations want to snuff out all reality so we can safely assume they're not the gods of the void or anything.

Deleted
    6.2 is the last content patch for WoD there is still ppl that dosent know that omg ...

10+ Year Old Account
    is WoW the movie supposed to even follow WoD? i thought they would be showing something more closely related to Vanilla WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

The Warcraft movie is a retelling of our timeline's Warcraft I, but fully fleshed out unlike the 1994 RTS it originally was (which means there will be retcons, but they will be canon in our timeline).

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't expect the movie to adhere perfectly to the video game timeline/plot, or to have any kind of direct connection with the current games. It'll be an abbreviated re-telling, like how LotR cut some stuff to make it work as a film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The Warcraft movie is a retelling of our timeline's Warcraft I, but fully fleshed out unlike the 1994 RTS it originally was (which means there will be retcons, but they will be canon in our timeline).
    Metzen's actually described it as being like the "Ultimate Marvel" version of Warcraft, i.e. not actually canon to what's come before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    for the love of god, tell me this isn't true... no, they said it'll be a separate cinematic universe like marvel does. if they don't stick with that i might finally be done with warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I wouldn't expect the movie to adhere perfectly to the video game timeline/plot, or to have any kind of direct connection with the current games. It'll be an abbreviated re-telling, like how LotR cut some stuff to make it work as a film.
    It'd be hard to make an abbreviated version of Warcraft I. It was a 1994 RTS. The story boiled down to: bad guys invade from another dimension, Medivh was a traitor, Stormwind is destroyed. Unlike Warcraft II, it didn't get any novels or anything to expand it. The closest is the Last Guardian, which is more of a side story.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Metzen's actually described it as being like the "Ultimate Marvel" version of Warcraft, i.e. not actually canon to what's come before.
    Well I hadn't heard that, but I'd still be willing to bet that things like Varian's mom still have broad strokes applied to our universe as well. It explains them calling it the Alliance already.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2015-05-18 at 11:17 PM.