Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I almost believed you until you said Austin was a great city!

I kid, Austin is pretty great, not to be confused with Houston. Wish you all the best, and I'm glad to see that you'll bring some real all-star talent to Ready At Dawn. The Order was a frankly very interesting universe, regardless of how the game itself ended up being received, and they deserve to get the chance to explore it further.

I also do hope that that's a real account, but hey. I try to stay positive. Wonder if there's any way for a supermod to check authenticity...

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Good luck with you and your family, through i need said it.

Current Blizzard is not the same, i remember. Back 20 years, when Starcraft and Warcraft 2 was released.
    Companies have to evolve, in order to be successful. Genres change, customer bases change, customer needs/wants change, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sams View Post
    First, yes, this is really Paul Sams, former COO of Blizzard. I am posting to clarify that I have immense loyalty to Blizzard, and it pains me to see my name associated with posts criticizing the company. I would never leave Blizzard unless I fully was confident the company was healthy and well poised for continued success. I have had the privilege of working at Blizzard for nearly 20 years, and Blizzard has given me everything I have in life and taught me everything I know about the video game industry. I even met my wife at Blizzard. Last year, we made the family decision to return to my wife's home state of Texas. It's as simple as that. I want to watch my boys play football, be near my daughter who attends University of Texas and enjoy the great city of Austin. Not only that, I want to be able to support the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy at UT more as well. My opportunity to work with my friends at Ready at Dawn is fortuitous and allows me to continue my work in the industry I love while living in the place I love with the people I love. Not many people get an opportunity to enjoy that trifecta in life. I feel blessed and am fully aware that Blizzard paved this road. The fact that I am proud and excited to now work at Ready at Dawn in no way diminishes my love and respect for my friends and colleagues at Blizzard.
    Congratulations on your new role and it sounds great that you're going to be closer to your daughter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I also do hope that that's a real account, but hey. I try to stay positive. Wonder if there's any way for a supermod to check authenticity...
    Last time Ghostcrawler posted, someone asked him on Twitter and he confirmed it was him.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Current Blizzard is not the same, i remember. Back 20 years, when Starcraft and Warcraft 2 was released. In my personal opinion, all is started to ruin, when Activision Blizzard is formed. Yes i don't like Bobby Kottick, because he is too greedy for $$$.
    I remember it back when it was Silicon & Synapse, and Warcraft hadn't been invented yet. They made a game called Lost Vikings which to this day is one of my all-time favourites.

It's definitely changed, you don't last over 20 years in this industry without changing. But I'm still playing Blizzard games and still having heaps of fun.

In fact today when I get home from work I'm going to do my WoW garrisons, play around a bit then hop over to Hearthstone and HoTS. Maybe if I get time I'll get back to levelling my Crusader in D3. All the while shaking my fist at the monitor for how long the last chapter of SC2 is taking and wondering if I'll like Overwatch. I play more Blizzard games now than ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost believed you until you said Austin was a great city!

I kid, Austin is pretty great, not to be confused with Houston. Wish you all the best, and I'm glad to see that you'll bring some real all-star talent to Ready At Dawn. The Order was a frankly very interesting universe, regardless of how the game itself ended up being received, and they deserve to get the chance to explore it further.

I'm sure there is; Zarhym got authenticated when he posted here a couple times.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Last time Ghostcrawler posted, someone asked him on Twitter and he confirmed it was him.
    Good call, I just dropped Sams' twitter a tweet to check, will update with reply.

First, yes, this is really Paul Sams, former COO of Blizzard. I am posting to clarify that I have immense loyalty to Blizzard, and it pains me to see my name associated with posts criticizing the company. I would never leave Blizzard unless I fully was confident the company was healthy and well poised for continued success. I have had the privilege of working at Blizzard for nearly 20 years, and Blizzard has given me everything I have in life and taught me everything I know about the video game industry. I even met my wife at Blizzard. Last year, we made the family decision to return to my wife's home state of Texas. It's as simple as that. I want to watch my boys play football, be near my daughter who attends University of Texas and enjoy the great city of Austin. Not only that, I want to be able to support the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy at UT more as well. My opportunity to work with my friends at Ready at Dawn is fortuitous and allows me to continue my work in the industry I love while living in the place I love with the people I love. Not many people get an opportunity to enjoy that trifecta in life. I feel blessed and am fully aware that Blizzard paved this road. The fact that I am proud and excited to now work at Ready at Dawn in no way diminishes my love and respect for my friends and colleagues at Blizzard.
    It sounds like a seriously awesome opportunity. I wish you much luck and happiness in your future endeavors.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

https://twitter.com/PaulWSams/status/608135493637820416
    Paul Sams ‏@PaulWSams 1m1 minute ago Austin, TX

Yes, it was actually me who posted to the http://Battle.net forums and to MMO-Champion tonight.
    Nice to confirm things; troll accounts aren't exactly uncommon.

Go to Twitter to confirm it was really me. I just posted confirmation that I posted here on MMO-Champion and on the Battle.net forums tonight.

He moved up. Good for him.

Good luck, Paul.

And yet - people don't leave companies whose direction they are 100% happy with.

We get that you can't publicly acknowledge this.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Go to Twitter to confirm it was really me. I just posted confirmation that I posted here on MMO-Champion and on the Battle.net forums tonight.
    Well, congratulations then! Hope everything goes as smoothly as it sounds it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Good luck, Paul.

And yet - people don't leave companies whose direction they are 100% happy with.

We get that you can't publicly acknowledge this.
    They do if their significant other really wants something

https://twitter.com/PaulWSams/status/608135493637820416

Nice to confirm things; troll accounts aren't exactly uncommon.
    Yep, and most people would rather not have someone else claiming it's them, so either way asking is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post

Dumb comment is dumb.

Did you even bother to read what he said?

Have you never left one company to work for another because you were offered a higher position?

Have you never left one company to pursue a dream at another?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck Paul and thanks for dropping by.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Confirmed and change your title, couldn't come up with something original but at least it's a little more visible.

Good luck for the future Paul, appreciate you stopping by the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Confirmed and change your title, couldn't come up with something original but at least it's a little more visible.

Good luck for the future Paul, appreciate you stopping by the forums!
    Well sweet Mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes-Benz. You're alive!

Hey Toro...thanks for the good luck wishes. Just so you know, I can publicly tell you that I 100% support the direction of the company. Again, I left because our entire family wanted to live in my wife's home state of Texas. We have had a home in Austin since 2005 and we spent a ton of time here. We have been planning to move to Austin permanently for years. Our boys wanted to play Texas "Friday Night Lights" football. If you know my family, we are football fanatics and the idea of this pushed our entire family's "geek meter" to 11. There is truly nothing more to the story than what I said in my first post. Good night guys. I hope to see you on Battle.net. :-)

Just wanted to say good luck. Blizzard's been an amazingly large part of my life and I truly appreciate the work you and the rest of Blizzard have done. Even if sometimes I do criticize. Regardless, thanks for being a part of that.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2015-06-09 at 05:29 AM.