Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Thanks! People seem to be enjoying it so far.

Easy - turns out a whole bunch of parts weren't.

Right here!
    Kaiju-a-Gogo

Same previous page for my shameless plug.
    So your going with illidan only caved in part of the tomb.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Woow, great concept. I especially like the Calamarai. You would have my support to execute this plan!
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! People seem to be enjoying it so far.

Easy - turns out a whole bunch of parts weren't.

Right here!
    Kaiju-a-Gogo

Hm, it looks good. I may pick it up on pay day.

amazing work and ideas . I hope someone will hire you soon enough to create some of your ideas in an rpg game . Keep it up

This is absolutely mind blowing. You should be really proud of yourself and I hope one day you see yourself inside Blizzard HQ as a creative director.

Right here!
    Kaiju-a-Gogo

Congrats and GL with it! I'm not the biggest fan of that type of game, but I love the art style; reminds me a lot of MvC - oldschool graphics with detailed/HQ effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

After the crap that is WoD his talents would be wasted at blizzard
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Golden Yak, mad props/bigUP - I agree with a ton of the other people - Blizzard should for sure grab you up! Awesome stuff!!

7+ Year Old Account
    I love it.. I don't know why blizzard hasn't hired you yet this stuff is awesome, would prolly bring the subs up if they made stuff like this

Deleted
    Great concept! Looking forward to its completion.

By the way, what do you use for creating maps like the Zin-Ashari one?

Because they are not getting paid money to do it. When you do things you enjoy and love it always looks better than when its your job to do someone else vision.

When Patch X.4.0?? where is City of the Old Gods?!!! I NEED IT!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    Because they are not getting paid money to do it. When you do things you enjoy and love it always looks better than when its your job to do someone else vision.
    Truer words never spoken. R.I.P. the Blizzard of the past.

Deleted
    Oh god I love the expansion concept and all of your artworks... Really how do you do that maps? They're amazing!

And which letter font do you use in the maps to call something? I was searching it and I didn't find it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    So your going with illidan only caved in part of the tomb.
    Sure, there could be all kinds of tunnels and lower levels and bits that survived. Or maybe the demons cleared it out and rebuilt. Ooh, or maybe it started rebuilding itself because of all the enchantments Aegwynn laid on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Hm, it looks good. I may pick it up on pay day.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlo View Post
    This is absolutely mind blowing. You should be really proud of yourself and I hope one day you see yourself inside Blizzard HQ as a creative director.
    Thanks! That'd be something, for sure... you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Congrats and GL with it! I'm not the biggest fan of that type of game, but I love the art style; reminds me a lot of MvC - oldschool graphics with detailed/HQ effects.
    Thanks! I'm really happy with my character design work on KaGG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I love it.. I don't know why blizzard hasn't hired you yet this stuff is awesome, would prolly bring the subs up if they made stuff like this
    Well, for one thing, I haven't applied for a job with them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    With a little luck, people find something they love as a hobby and as a profession, which is the position I'm in now with the guys I work for. Maybe one day I'd feel the same about Blizzard - fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    When Patch X.4.0?? where is City of the Old Gods?!!! I NEED IT!!
    Delayed 'til June 13th!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowManiac View Post
    Great concept! Looking forward to its completion.

By the way, what do you use for creating maps like the Zin-Ashari one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaiskai View Post
    Oh god I love the expansion concept and all of your artworks... Really how do you do that maps? They're amazing!

And which letter font do you use in the maps to call something? I was searching it and I didn't find it
    We're closing in on the finish!

All my art is done in Photoshop. I just draw it straight up in PS, using existing WoW maps as reference.

The font I used for the words is called Friz Quadrata TT - free and pretty easy to find.

Deleted

We're closing in on the finish!

All my art is done in Photoshop. I just draw it straight up in PS, using existing WoW maps as reference.

The font I used for the words is called Friz Quadrata TT - free and pretty easy to find.
    Thanks! I will try to do my own map. Can we talk somehow? Email, skype, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Update! Patch X.4 is here at last! It's the final chapter of the Reign of Azshara, and the call of N'Zoth beckons!

City of the Old Gods is the fourth and final patch for the Reign of Azshara concept and contains the third and final raid tier. It's primary features are:

• New Daily Quest zone unlocked - Ny'alotha, City of the Old Gods. The hideous cyclopean city of N'Zoth, where Azshara and her servants prepare to unleash their master upon the world.
    • New raid zone unlocked - The Temple of N'Zoth. The nightmarish tomb of the Old God N'Zoth. The foul entity slumbers within, waiting to be woken. He merely needs his herald, Azshara, to shatter the final seal on his tomb, and he will rise and plunge the world into unending nightmare...
    • New World Boss - Neptulon. The Tidehunter has left the Abyssal Maw to attack Azeroth directly. Confront the vengeful elemental lord as a world boss and drive him back to the elemental plane.
    • The Legendary Warship questchain concludes - Sail your vessel into the Abyssal Maw and destroy Neptulon once and for all.
    • New World Boss -Argozax, Tendril of N'Zoth. A mighty faceless one whose par is second only to the Old Gods themselves. This fiend is unleashed only after the greatest challenges in the Temple of N'Zoth have been overcome.

The Story So Far...

The heroes of Azeroth have weathered the storm of Zin-Azshari's rise, and defeated grave threats to the world unleashed by Azshara's machinations. However, Azshara has located that which she raised the sunken lands to find - Ny'alotha, the hidden city of the Old Gods. Within lies N'Zoth, slumbering and dreaming, gathering strength. The last of Azshara's forces have fortified Ny'alotha, and innumerable eldritch horrors that serve N'Zoth have reinforced them. The Alliance and the Horde must war against madness itself to reach the Temple of N'Zoth, where the Old Gods lays, and stop Azshara from awakening him.

Ny'alotha, City of the Old Gods
    The hideous cyclopean city of N'Zoth. In ancient times, N'Zoth directed his forces from this nightmarish place, first against his fellow Old Gods and then against the Titans. The stone legions of the Titans broke upon the walls of Ny'alotha time and time again, and even the Titans themseles could not capture N'Zoth as they did the other Old Gods. Ultimately, the Titans elected to contain N'Zoth within his own stronghold, setting wards and bindings around the twisted city and sinking it beneath the surface of Azeroth. Trapped within his city, N'Zoth descended into hibernation, awaiting the right time to awaken.

In his slumber, N'Zoth's dark will reached out into the world, corrupting everything his sleeping gaze fell upon. The defensive systems put in place by the Titans. The Emerald Dream, the pure soul of the world that contained the Titans' perfect design. The night elf highborn were twisted into the naga by his will, and designs that would unfold over the course of 10,000 years were woven.

N'Zoth has fed on the misery and death of the wars he has wrought. The Cataclysm failed to break the world, but it left Azeroth vulnerable. The wars carried out by Azshara, Pluton, and the Legion Ex Machina were all engineered by N'Zoth, and he has grown fat on the anguish of those who lost their lives to his pawns. N'Zoth is ready to awaken. He merely needs his herald, Azshara, to shatter the seal on his tomb, and he will awaken and plunge the world into unending nightmare...

***So What's Next?***

The story of Reign of Azshara is over, and all of the lore and content I plan to write about is finished. There's still loads more monster, environment, and character art I want to do, and it'll all eventually wind up on the WoWpedia pages and on my Tumblr. There probably won't be any more content posts here though, except maybe a big art dump post when I have a ton of it ready. Enjoy the thread - the concept is complete! And much faster than my Spider Kingdom one too, which makes me happy.

As for future wow content/projects, I think that I'll get going on one of my New Year's Resolutions and make another Tumblr devoted purely to WoW fan stuff. Future fan expansion concepts will go up there, with art and steady updates. Gonna take a break on writing lore ideas and focus on the ArTz for a while though, so that Tumblr won't be up for a little bit.

When its ready, the only question will be what expansion idea to tackle next...

Quote Originally Posted by Alaiskai View Post
    Thanks! I will try to do my own map. Can we talk somehow? Email, skype, etc
    Best way to get ahold of me for wow stuff is right here on MMO-C. Just send me a PM.

I also want to share this pic with everyone - poster Belisaurio sent me a 3D model he's in the process of sculpting of the calamarai, and it looks really great! Have a look:

He's got the fishing rod and the sack and the expression and everything! Hot stuff!
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2015-06-10 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really, really good. I've been following your expansion concepts for a while now (first with Spider Kingdom and now Reign of Azshara), and while initially I thought it impossible to 1-up the Spider Kingdom, you seem to have proven me wrong.

I must say, an Azshara/Nzoth expansion has been something I've wanted for a while now, ever since Cataclysm and its tidbits of Old God lore. I even had a dream a few years back of my mind's rendition of the intro cinematic (lolol), and this easily trumps the ideas I came up with. The whole theme progression, starting from typical WoW-esque atmosphere that quickly descends into a much grittier and mature feeling is something I absolutely adore. While I enjoy the whimsical mood of say, Mists of Pandaria from time to time, I feel that what WoW really needs right now is a much darker (not savage) concept, and I feel you pulled this off really well. The art is great, the lore is great, and you've managed to tie up loose story ends from Cataclysm that ultimately ended in disappointment for me, as I highly enjoyed the naga/Neptulon story, and I'd even go so far as to say I even enjoyed Vash'jir.

Looking forward to the next one of these! Personally, I'd like to see The Void as the Cho'gall/Pale orcs storyline in WoD was rather intriguing, perhaps this could expand on that as well? I always wondered who their "dark master" was, unless it's explained somewhere in WoD that I missed or something. Plus, being a warlock at heart, a ruined K'aresh with Dimensius as a raid boss would be super epic.

That's just my 2 cents, either way both concepts sound great and I'm stoked to see what you come up with next!

Amazing Goldenyak 10/10 on everything. I would want to play Spider Kingdom expansion cause I think they got a lot of lore with the old gods and to the scourge with them. Also this Azshara expansion is phenomenal. Personally I would like to see Burning Legion one. It could have some more lore into this whole void creature Cho'gall and that sorcerer in Spires of Arak they keep worshiping, and who knows maybe Ethereals could join us against the void and the legion and could claim whats even left of K'aresh. But thats just my two cents.

1- Oh Yeah!!! Final Patch of Reign of Azshara!

2- Into the Void and Emerald Dream are awesome concepts, its really hard to decide. I will roll a dice in real life to decide (not joke)...

The winner is... Into the Void.