Someone just responded to it and bumped it higher than the others. When I looked at their forums I thought it was a new post too. xD Honest mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman199 View Post
    Someone just responded to it and bumped it higher than the others. When I looked at their forums I thought it was a new post too. xD Honest mistake.
    Heh no worries, I mean I'd almost WISH it was something new to look at. They've had these new people on board a while now and so far not a peep from what is going on coding wise nor anything about this 'plan'.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh shit, true! My bad what a bummer…
    I was already all happy for their rock star coders, that finally managed to pick up from whatever Teddy left them behind, guess not =/ But srly, who the hell makes an news section where anyone is allowed to bump old ass thread back to the top? Just silly.
    Ur fired. Thank god I'm not your alt account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    http://trialsofascension.com/news/re...g#.VXb7_89Vjy1

woot, one month for a picture! Of people chopping tree's! Where did I seen this already?
    Oh wait, no no no, they are collecting fruits from the tree.... with axes =/

Besides that, you will, there will, we will and many other will happen's that have yet to happen as usual =X
    That's an old news post. It's just been necrod by someone.

Y u hatin'?

Woopsie, apparently yours was the last post on the page, didn't realize we got to a new one

I am still waiting on how they con this out... They need to do pre-orders and/or Early Access, but they can´t use any 3rd party websites. They are obviously giving out portions of the ´company´ in exchange for work, but that is going to fall apart quick when only a handful of people sign up for their pre-orders and everyone sees how long it will take to have a playable game with 2 programmers with no game experience, and 3 stoogies screwing everything up.

Another half a year with absolutely no progress.

Elyssia has now been on the job for a year.. I wonder when she is going to realize that she is getting used just like the other ´PR´ people were with their over-the-top optimistic posts.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-06-10 at 11:50 AM.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they might have narcissistic personalities. Having grown up with a narcissistic parent, I can certainly see similarities. I've been following ToA for some time now, and I have little hope that the team will be able to deliver. There's just too many things about reality that they close their eyes to. At least, that's how it looks from the answers they give. They have too much of an issue with control. The focus on positivity is highly offputting.

I want to know what their day jobs are. It wouldn't surprise me if they were GameStop employees or the like.

I don't think it's narcissism, I think they legitimately believed they could make the game that way, and to some degree still do. The fish-eye lens effect of the Internet creating the echo chamber of positivity around them probably has something to do with it. Not necessarily in the sense they really think most people love their ideas, more in the sense they love having that fan support that's still being thrown their way.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I don't think it's narcissism, I think they legitimately believed they could make the game that way, and to some degree still do. The fish-eye lens effect of the Internet creating the echo chamber of positivity around them probably has something to do with it. Not necessarily in the sense they really think most people love their ideas, more in the sense they love having that fan support that's still being thrown their way.
    But who is the echo chamber of positivity. The only person I think who still thinks this game is going to be made who is not ´staff´ is Talon.

I honestly can´t believe they are that stupid. They have had two KS that have gone nowhere, with not even a bit of support. Their forums are dead. Every forum outside their own where the game gets mentioned they get laughed at. Do these 3 grown men really think this will happen just because Elyssia and Gassy keep encouraging them?

Here is the thing, these 3 stoogies have absolutely no skin in the game. They haven´t spent any of their own money (and the $37k is still unaccounted for) and they haven´t done any of the the work themselves. It appears that will continue to be the plan going forward where they give away pieces of a worthless company in order to keep Gassy and Elyssia posting on the forums and 2 other people learning Unity. And seriously, if they had made their KS and gotten $700k and been able to hire a full staff... and assuming for a second they weren´t total morons.. this would still take 3-4 years. Now they have no money and 2 guys who don´t know unity who are working when they feel like it as a hobby.....

Been 6 months and I am betting you can´t play Demo Island anymore. Not only did they lose 6 months, they more than likely regressed in development. Not to mention Unity 5 is pretty much the standard now, so most of the stuff they bought or even the stuff Teddy did needs to be redone to upgrade.

The truth, I just think they are lying to Gassy, Elyssia and the two new guys... The 3 stoogies aren´t doing anything themselves and aren´t spending any of their own money, so why not allow the other people to work for nothing.

I'm reminded of going to a restaurant with my father a while back. The waitress we had was very upbeat, positive, but it didn't seem pandering or like an act. Afterwards my dad gave her a nice tip and remarked how nice it was to see someone with such an attitude like that. We were talking about it on the way out, I remarked that she probably gets a lot of nice tips, dad remarked you could argue it's done for that very purpose, and I told him, 'Well, you know dad, there's probably a lot of people who come in there and she's about the only person who's been really nice to them all day long.'

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some of that going on with them. Whatever else is going on in their lives, they can sit down after work and look at their game site and read stuff from the few upbeat posters and their staff, and feel good about themselves, however false that cheer is. Like someone who buys a lottery ticket, and even though they know they don't stand a chance in Hell of winning...for a little while, they can dream...

I'd probably have more sympathy for them if their behavior wasn't so shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I don't think it excuses their behavior, no. But it might help explain it some. Separating logic and emotion, as we all know, is a bit like separating pasta and sauce once they've been blended together. It don't work too good.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I don't think it excuses their behavior, no. But it might help explain it some. Separating logic and emotion, as we all know, is a bit like separating pasta and sauce once they've been blended together. It don't work too good.
    I think that is definitely true of Proctor. He went from being someone doing nothing with his life but creating broken space invader games while living with his mother to being the point man and lead developer of a MMORPG and having people talk to him with respect. Signing into his forums was probably about the same thing as most of us play RPGs to begin with.. to escape the real world for awhile. But for most of us, when we get away from the computer, we know we can´t kill dragons with our fireballs. Brax and Proctor stand up from their computers, and still want to RP that they are game developers.

Well, this happened today:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...s-first-801891

The court documents are here:

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/doc...valiercmpt.pdf

Surprise Kickstarter and other crowdfunding scammers; you're not as safe from prosecution as you thought!
    Last edited by Taojnhy; 2015-06-12 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    Well, this happened today:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...s-first-801891

The court documents are here:

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/doc...valiercmpt.pdf

Surprise Kickstarter and other crowdfunding scammers; you're not as safe from prosecution as you thought!
    Yeah but from what I understand the government is going after the money to keep it. It wasn't going to the backers. And there is really no money to 'get back'. Either way still makes some sense of accountability happen I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah but from what I understand the government is going after the money to keep it. It wasn't going to the backers. And there is really no money to 'get back'. Either way still makes some sense of accountability happen I guess.
    I don't think the government was going after the money to keep for itself. From the court papers:

PRAYER FOR RELIEF
    Wherefore, Plaintiff FTC, pursuant to Sect
    ion 13(b) of the FTC Act, 15 U.S.C. § 53(b), and the Court’s own equitable powers, requests that the Court:

A. Enter a permanent injunction to prevent future violations of the FTC Act by
    Defendant;

B. Award such relief as the Court finds necessary to redress injury to consumers
    resulting from Defendant’s violations of the FTC Act, including but not limited to, rescission or reformation
    of contracts, restitution, the refund of monies paid, and the disgorgement of ill-gotten monies; and

C. Award Plaintiff the costs of bringing this action, as well as such other and additional relief as
    the Court may determine to be just and proper.

Granted, the fine was agreed to be suspended since the defendant showed they couldn't pay it, but still at least there's now a precedent set for future crowdfunding projects that turn out to be scams.

Or, just hypothetically speaking...Greedmonger. Oh, and ToA.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    I don't think the government was going after the money to keep for itself. From the court papers:

PRAYER FOR RELIEF
    Wherefore, Plaintiff FTC, pursuant to Sect
    ion 13(b) of the FTC Act, 15 U.S.C. § 53(b), and the Court’s own equitable powers, requests that the Court:

A. Enter a permanent injunction to prevent future violations of the FTC Act by
    Defendant;

B. Award such relief as the Court finds necessary to redress injury to consumers
    resulting from Defendant’s violations of the FTC Act, including but not limited to, rescission or reformation
    of contracts, restitution, the refund of monies paid, and the disgorgement of ill-gotten monies; and

C. Award Plaintiff the costs of bringing this action, as well as such other and additional relief as
    the Court may determine to be just and proper.

Granted, the fine was agreed to be suspended since the defendant showed they couldn't pay it, but still at least there's now a precedent set for future crowdfunding projects that turn out to be scams.

Or, just hypothetically speaking...Greedmonger. Oh, and ToA.
    Yeah I am just glad there is now a precedent showing that there might be something done down the road to scammy bastards like GM. I only list GM because they got a KS funded, ToA couldn't even manage that.

"I never set out to con anyone or to perpetrate a fraud, but I did walk into a situation that was beyond my abilities and for that I'm deeply sorry."

- Sounds like ToA in 2002

"In reality, Defendant never hired artists for the board game and instead used the consumers’ funds for miscellaneous personal equipment, rent for a personal residence, and licenses for a separate project,"
    - Proctor should be shitting bricks right about now.... Not only his constant mention on the GreedMonger forums about a ´team´ that never existed... but the final part, amazing the FTC would use that terminology as evidence of guilt.

“Many consumers enjoy the opportunity to take part in the development of a product or service through crowdfunding, and they generally know there’s some uncertainty involved in helping start something new,” said Jessica Rich, director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection in a statement. “But consumers should able to trust their money will actually be spent on the project they funded.”

- wholly hell, a government agency actually understands!!!

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I think ToA is still ´in development´. They can just keep telling the people who bought stuff from the cash-shop that it is coming.... Crap only hits the fan once you outright cancel a project.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I am just glad there is now a precedent showing that there might be something done down the road to scammy bastards like GM. I only list GM because they got a KS funded, ToA couldn't even manage that.
    This is a huge issue legally, the idea of precedence. But honestly, word will get out, especially with video games and Unity it will be so easy to launch a game that is complete and utter garbage just to say ´we launched our game´. So you will have two results. ToA where the devs will stop doing any work on the game, but continue to say it is in development... or games that will launch with just a guy running around an empty world.

Deleted
    Is someone actually sueing GM or is the above for something else?

BTW. Trials of Ascension will be bringing their website down on Sunday and when it comes back up, they will have all their ´fully transparent´ plans laid out. * grabs popcorn*

Oh, and goodie, they are going to have a new roadmap... because you know the last one was so accurate with all the stuff that was 100% but not even a hint of it in the actual demo. A roadmap with percentages is just another con game... they literally made that shit up the last time.

Oh.. and they are going to do weekly dev chats.. because you know.. 3 fat guys sitting on a couch talking about what dragons eat will make all the difference in the world. Again missing the entire point.. ´shut up and make your game´.. Seriously. I do think this is some kinda pathological illness with Brax.. his need to do interviews and talk like he is a real game developer. Dev blogs, dev chats... hey idiot, how about some actual gameplay????

So basically they will read this thread, and have an answer to everything. ( Hi Brax)

My guess is it will be a whole lot of information all trying to obscure the small print part of how they are going to try to get people to pay for something that after 12 years is still not being developed. Expect to see a pre-order or early access system that only can be accessed through their own website. Oh, and of course they will have some grand ´total´ that will just be more numbers they fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Is someone actually sueing GM or is the above for something else?
    This was a board game that got funded in 2012 for $100k ( asked 30k). The similarities to Greedmonger are pretty strong though. The developer lied to fans, telling them about fake progress and fake team members. The other big similarity to Proctor is that the developer was just some loser who had never done any type of project before but made himself an ´expert´ on forums and such.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-06-12 at 03:17 PM.

"This update will also herald a new level of transparency between us, the team, and you all, the community."
    Oh yes because lying is very transparent for ToA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    BTW. Trials of Ascension will be bringing their website down on Sunday and when it comes back up, they will have all their ´fully transparent´ plans laid out. * grabs popcorn*

Oh, and goodie, they are going to have a new roadmap... because you know the last one was so accurate with all the stuff that was 100% but not even a hint of it in the actual demo. A roadmap with percentages is just another con game... they literally made that shit up the last time.

Oh.. and they are going to do weekly dev chats.. because you know.. 3 fat guys sitting on a couch talking about what dragons eat will make all the difference in the world. Again missing the entire point.. ´shut up and make your game´.. Seriously. I do think this is some kinda pathological illness with Brax.. his need to do interviews and talk like he is a real game developer. Dev blogs, dev chats... hey idiot, how about some actual gameplay????

So basically they will read this thread, and have an answer to everything. ( Hi Brax)

My guess is it will be a whole lot of information all trying to obscure the small print part of how they are going to try to get people to pay for something that after 12 years is still not being developed. Expect to see a pre-order or early access system that only can be accessed through their own website. Oh, and of course they will have some grand ´total´ that will just be more numbers they fake.
    ah man I can't wait for Sunday to see what Bullshit plan they have in place this time. Oh joy a roadmap! Those things are super accurate, right ToA!? lolz