Thank you so much for this!

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MycantrumX View Post
    I'm not saying that we will only be viable with x, y, or z. I mean that Demonbolt is very strong under that situation according to sims that have been produced. Demo as a whole only ended up taking like a 3% nerf or something after the recent buffs?
    I got what you meant. And I was thinking with the mastery tweak it'll be a lot less than the original 25% I guess blizz wised up and may have for once done warlocks right... Will have to wait and see. Also, doing CMs as demo is soo fun. I love just going "boom dead trash"

I know it's old news but anyone knows the difference in DPS output between Heroic BMC vs Mythic DUT for Dserv and Cata?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried for a few pulls on Velari testing today, was able to sustain around 78k on average across about 5 pulls. A little lower than affy but seems quite viable for people who prefer this spec.

Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    Tried for a few pulls on Velari testing today, was able to sustain around 78k on average across about 5 pulls. A little lower than affy but seems quite viable for people who prefer this spec.
    Meanwhile I'm watching Arcane mages do 100k and then laugh while they say "buff Arcane pls" lol
    Hopefully they have 1 more numbers pass in store just to round things out.

Quote Originally Posted by wein07 View Post
    I know it's old news but anyone knows the difference in DPS output between Heroic BMC vs Mythic DUT for Dserv and Cata?

Thanks!
    First post has some sims for trinkets. Generally speaking though Mythic DUT should be better than Heroic BMC for DServ and probably Cata as well even though it doesn't benefit really as much from haste (Cata, that is).

Guide has been updated for 6.2 (now with jumps and table of content, ooooo)! There are probably a few things I have missed (big guide, lots I could potentially miss) but hopefully nothing too major.

Enjoy 6.2 and HFC!

Thanks for the update. Do you think Blizzard will continue to scale back on the nerfs they first announced towards Demo?

Hmm... Class trink at NORMAL > Goren MYTHIC? And Shadowmoon NORMAL > Goren MYTHIC as well? So there is a chance from the first normal run on Wednesday to get trinket upgrade in trinket slot? :O

- - - Updated - - -

And something else. When I was playing DB (before the big nerf) we were using DS glyph to time it with DB dump. Now you say that it is better not to use it. What changed?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Hmm... Class trink at NORMAL > Goren MYTHIC? And Shadowmoon NORMAL > Goren MYTHIC as well? So there is a chance from the first normal run on Wednesday to get trinket upgrade in trinket slot? :O
    All about those imps, all those imps, no trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

And something else. When I was playing DB (before the big nerf) we were using DS glyph to time it with DB dump. Now you say that it is better not to use it. What changed?
    You can still play with the Glyph of DS and do absolutely fine, probably better. But mostly it's a QoL thing at this point. If you feel like there is more movement than you'd be able to deal with do fire off 4 Demonbolts in a row without having to move elsewhere than Glyph of DS is great; but if you feel like you won't have time to hit all 4 Demonbolts within the 10s window you can give yourself some extra time without having the glyph in.

In simulation, they use the Glyph and it comes out on top by about 1400 DPS, which is a fair margin in favour of the glyph but just based on my own experiences on PTR you should be able to not use the Glyph and be OK as well. What I will do though is definitely change that tidbit however.

I'm a bit boggled that having more flexibility to fire off your Demonbolts is only simming slightly worse than having twice as many total DB dumps ? How can it be that close ? I'd think having more DB dumps, even if movement means some of them wind up being only 3 inside of the window, would be ... way ahead. Especially in a sim where I'm assuming it always puts 4 inside the window ... ???

Or is my concept of when the DB dumps happen - with AD - just fundamentally flawed, haha
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm a bit boggled that having more flexibility to fire off your Demonbolts is only simming slightly worse than having twice as many total DB dumps ? How can it be that close ? I'd think having more DB dumps, even if movement means some of them wind up being only 3 inside of the window, would be ... way ahead. Especially in a sim where I'm assuming it always puts 4 inside the window ... ???

Or is my concept of when the DB dumps happen - with AD - just fundamentally flawed, haha
    Patchwerk:

Glyphed: 41 casts of Demonbolt.
    Unglyphed: 40 casts of Demonbolt.

Helter Skelter:

Glyphed: 36 casts of Demonbolt.
    Unglyphed: 35 casts of Demonbolt.

Light Movement:

Glyphed: 39 casts of Demonbolt.
    Unglyphed: 37 casts of Demonbolt.

Heavy Movement:

Glyphed: 27 casts of Demonbolt.
    Unglyphed: 26 casts of Demonbolt.

Overall you'll still get the same number of casts off (roughly) while trading off some of the turret playstyle for minimal(ish) DPS. The difference between the two is fairly negligible in terms of what you get out of not glyphing it.

Both profiles are using the same APL (4 Demonbolt per cycle).

In terms of the maximum amount of DPS you can do, glyphing DS will be the best option, clearly. But it also requires you to know how long you will have to actually do your cycles and if there's not enough time, it may not pay off.
    Last edited by Woz; 2015-06-21 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    You don't have to wait for DS to cast Demonbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    You don't have to wait for DS to cast Demonbolt.
    Ok, that answers that for me. I thought you only DB'd with DS.

So, have I always misunderstood this or best practice change at some point ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Ok, that answers that for me. I thought you only DB'd with DS.

So, have I always misunderstood this or best practice change at some point ?
    You never had to wait but it was best to wait mostly because of how the encounters played out when you were Demo.

Weird. We will lose a good proc (Goren) for imps -> fury that we will spend with no proc. It's a matter of maths of course but it sounds underwhelming to cast SFs with no procs :S
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Weird. We will lose a good proc (Goren) for imps -> fury that we will spend with no proc. It's a matter of maths of course but it sounds underwhelming to cast SFs with no procs :S
    Wel, imps = SF. More imps you get more chance of MC proccing.

How much better will demonbolt be than servitude? Seems like the two piece bonus is really encouraging demonbolt play.

Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    How much better will demonbolt be than servitude? Seems like the two piece bonus is really encouraging demonbolt play.

Pretty much tells the tale of what talent to take.

10+ Year Old Account
    This pretty much should make Service/DServ the best realistically with it's terrific mobility.