Guess i'll stick to FFXIV. The roller coaster that is class balance in WoW (especially with tanks) was always annoying O.O

Interesting to know Blood DK is so good now, think they started as one of the worst tanks at the start of WoD, wernt they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rewyn View Post
    Interesting to know Blood DK is so good now, think they started as one of the worst tanks at the start of WoD, wernt they?
    No, you're thinking about MoP

Also Lazel do you really play your monk more than your paladin now?

M HFC on a Pally vs a Bear. Pally is fucking amazing. In terms of Dia tanking.

So should I start gearing my DK? My guild won't get to mythic for another month or two at least, but will Paladin just be so weak that I'll be a liability to progression?

Quote Originally Posted by Haulstrum View Post
    So should I start gearing my DK? My guild won't get to mythic for another month or two at least, but will Paladin just be so weak that I'll be a liability to progression?
    Paladin feels just fine atm in Mythic. 2 Set + WuE is pretty strong with Holy Shield though

Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    So, I had some crazy RNG in Normal today and got all 3 of the good tank trinkets. O_o Now I'm kind of in trinket overload, not sure what to use.

I have a Heroic BFD with a socket, a Mythic TTT, a Mythic Blackhand trinket, a Mythic PotE, a Normal Anzu's, a Normal WUE, and a Normal Imbued Stone Sigil. Help?

My go-to in BRF was PotE + TTT for safety/progression, or BFD + TTT for farm/DPS whoring. Now, I'm not sure what to do.
    Still haven't gotten an answer. Any advice?

We're definitely doing Heroic (and Mythic, in a couple weeks), I just haven't gotten any Heroic trinkets yet.

I'm also iffy about Sigil. It's laughable, but my Mythic PotE almost seems better (unless I get a Mythic Sigil). Trading ~300 Stam for ~150 Vers and ~150 BA doesn't seem worth it when the whole point of putting on a Stamina trinket is to, you know, gain tons of health.
    Last edited by Won7on; 2015-07-03 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    Hi!

I play holy atm with retribution as second specc.
    My gearscore is ~ 665 - 670 and i play with FV.

My question is it better to switch the talents to the emproved seals or seraphim or should i wait till i get the hfc gear?

Thanks 4 the replies

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Yeah pally is good on paper hitting bosses kappa. Holy shield all tier so fun.

Only on alt runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWV6NgfUioA
    The damage taken difference is stupid. Blood Boil/Auto/Void Bolt were all around 30% of my damage taken on bear. Taking around 65-75k dtps with like 35k HPS. Pally 45-50k dtps with like 35k hps and 50% auto, 15% blood boil, 10% void bolt, rest was random aoe shit and that dot.

I basically interrupted every cast with AS/Rebuke so I actually too more melees on my pally yet melee was actually less damage taken on my pally than bear and bear had over 50% dodge on autos and pally had 20% rest was just blocks. I basically was ignored on my pally and bear needed quite a few heals.

Granted its 1 boss, but paladin wins on council out of those 2 tanks.

Anzu + BFD if you are only doing normal. If you are doing heroic and get to later bosses I'd prefer Anzu + WUE with HS and high mastery. Sigil is also really good for paladins' low EH.
    Lazel,

when you say high mastery, do you mean go for the haste cap (1715?) and then mastery, or mastery all the way ?

sometimes I get so depressed reading about how we paladins are not up to par and dragging the raid down. but every 50 posts there's one on how we are actually doing OK. and thats what keeps me cheered up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I basically interrupted every cast with AS/Rebuke so I actually too more melees on my pally yet melee was actually less damage taken on my pally than bear and bear had over 50% dodge on autos and pally had 20% rest was just blocks. I basically was ignored on my pally and bear needed quite a few heals.
    I remember the first time on Council heroic, someone mentioning they should probably go help me with interrupting on Dia, and then quickly enough reverting to "Nope seems Ferb gets the most of them by himself."

Full out mastery with WuE , there are enough items to keep your haste high anyway.
    Thanks !
    And until i get it? keep 1715 haste cap or still go full mastery ?

Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    We're definitely doing Heroic (and Mythic, in a couple weeks), I just haven't gotten any Heroic trinkets yet.

I'm also iffy about Sigil. It's laughable, but my Mythic PotE almost seems better (unless I get a Mythic Sigil). Trading ~300 Stam for ~150 Vers and ~150 BA doesn't seem worth it when the whole point of putting on a Stamina trinket is to, you know, gain tons of health.
    The whole reason the Sigil is better and somewhat decent for pallies is the increase in BA over Pillar. BA will practically always beat everything else. The stam is just icing on the cake.

Nah still go full mastery
    I'm just wondering out loud here...why is AMR saying haste is better then mastery for the HS build (when you are saying the opposite?)

thanks for your advice Lazel, appreciate the help!

Deleted
    That and the numbers on AMR were provided by Theck at 6.1 release based on sim models at that time so might not be up to date, and even then the weighting difference is only 0.01.

Haste gives more control over your gameplay than mastery does which is more effective but considering there are already many haste pieces which you can't avoid you are already going to get absurd amount of haste which is why I am advicing to stack mastery
    I cri errytaim WUE doesn't drop. Dropping below the 1715 haste cap already and it's just deteriorating with every god damn item so far, with exception of Acid Etched Leggings (although 128 haste isn't all that much anyway). The trinkets fucking hate me, and my BM monk co-tank is gloating cause he got his in a shipyard cache mission.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    I cri errytaim WUE doesn't drop. Dropping below the 1715 haste cap already and it's just deteriorating with every god damn item so far, with exception of Acid Etched Leggings (although 128 haste isn't all that much anyway). The trinkets fucking hate me, and my BM monk co-tank is gloating cause he got his in a shipyard cache mission.
    The 1715 haste cap literally doesn't matter when you're not playing EmpS, which quite frankly I can safely say at this point that I would never, ever do in HFC.

If some of you are interested, I did a quick and dirty graph of my WUE's absorb yesterday. Pulled about 15 numbers.

One interesting thing to say: it calculates the absorb AFTER the hit is taken. Meaning if you're at 100% HP, take a hit that puts you to 10%, you get close to maximum absorb (verified by getting hit by a 2nd Massive Blast on Mannoroth with the debuff yesterday ~800k hit, ~140k absorb from the Eye).

Here's the graph :

And here are the raw numbers if interested :
    Last edited by Kortiah; 2015-07-03 at 01:21 PM.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    The 1715 haste cap literally doesn't matter when you're not playing EmpS, which quite frankly I can safely say at this point that I would never, ever do in HFC.
    I've only used it for Zakuun, otherwise it's been Holy Shield all the way through anyway.

Deleted
    anyone got an actual BiS list yet? can't find one :S