Page 9 of 139 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Sounds to good to be true, so it probably isn't. I bet half the features won't make it into the final game or be as unfinished as the politic system in rome was for 10 patches.
    Ah game consumer pessimism, can't blame you mind.

Some exciting stuff but like above, I'm so concerned about this, massive whfb fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still feeling burned over Rome 2 so I'll wait for the reviews and maybe after that I'll think about it.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Foot of Gork' confirmed also Doom Diver Catapult's

From the eurogamer article of the Battle of Black Fire Pass demo.

really wish we could get WH40k DOW3

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I'm still feeling burned over Rome 2 so I'll wait for the reviews and maybe after that I'll think about it.
    Same. Not making that mistake again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    No idea about videos summing up the end times lore.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times

^ sums it up more or less
    FU Games Workshop, FU.... you went and killed Shadowblade.... damn /cry
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    HOLY SHIT

First total war I will buy !!! Not a lot into STR. But I waited for a good warhammer for so long !!!
    You dont know what you missed

ps
    (Is STR an acronym for strategy or something ?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Kinda boring to have only 4 starting races. But I'm sure they will add a few more later on, but still. I wanted Lizardmen Now I'm wondering if I'll ever get them. Elves and Skaven might be more popular than Lizardmen.

Tzeentch lends itself to plots and story, I guess. But it's still not the most fun Chaos god. I'm wondering if it will still be chaos undivided, seeing as how you will still need melee troops and so on. You can't be Chaos and not have Khorne followers as your melee troops.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I need to see it in action. I'm also guessing that it'll be a winter holiday release. Summer seems too close.

Im wondering why they keep using Tzeentch as the god in their trailers.
    THey did the same in warhammer online.

Is there any reason for that? is he particularly popular in the warhammer community?
    Personally i prefer Khorne whose troops resemble "classic" demons the most.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    You dont know what you missed

ps
    (Is STR an acronym for strategy or something ?)

- - - Updated - - -

Im wondering why they keep using Tzeentch as the god in their trailers.
    THey did the same in warhammer online.

Is there any reason for that? is he particularly popular in the warhammer community?
    Personally i prefer Khorne whose troops resemble "classic" demons the most.
    Tzeentch is the "go to guy" in WH: Fantasy games, where as Khorne is the "go to guy" in 40k games - Magic and birds 'n shit in Fantasy, BLOOD AND SKULLS in 40K.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This intro of this trailer totally looks like Diablo 3 trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Warcraft orcs have charisma? Its either Flawless Goel of Goeldom or braindead Groms of retardation.
    Considering they are the most famous orcs to not be bloodthristy warmongering bafoons, i would say yes.

Warhammer orcs are the archetype of "stupid brutal monsters"

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank the lord that they started work on this game before destroying warhammer fantasy game/lore with Age of sigmar.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Thank the lord that they started work on this game before destroying warhammer fantasy game/lore with Age of sigmar.
    I wonder how the writers feel that have helped building the world for years with tons of great lore, and now the world is gone. I dont like it either that they are trying to make it look more 40kish then fantasy, but we will see you can still use your old armies on the tabletop though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I wonder how the writers feel that have helped building the world for years with tons of great lore, and now the world is gone. I dont like it either that they are trying to make it look more 40kish then fantasy, but we will see you can still use your old armies on the tabletop though.
    Lets face it, they could have 100% just made this an off shoot, kept warhammer fantasy for those who want it. They have basically just said screw you guys, this is how it is now, they have flat out killed Warhammer dead in my local store, they are going to Kings of War, so sad to see (although KoW looks like a solid game in itself)

Lets face it, they could have 100% just made this an off shoot, kept warhammer fantasy for those who want it. They have basically just said screw you guys, this is how it is now, they have flat out killed Warhammer dead in my local store, they are going to Kings of War, so sad to see (although KoW looks like a solid game in itself)
    Perhaps it was not sustainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Perhaps it was not sustainable.
    They didn't have to do anything to sustain it. It was already available. They didn't have to cut it off completely.

Deleted
    Rumour has it that CA want to do a trilogy of WHF games, my money's on the first game being the old WHF, the second game being in the style of Atilla, a survival esque game set during the End Times with the final game being set during the Age of Sigmar.

On the topic of the table top, I looked into some of the Age of Sigmar stuff, and it looks alright I suppose, but it seems to have killed off a lot of interest, if they do end up moving the story forward in 40k, I really hope for something a bit more subtle than this. It's a shame that the Fantasy fans have to be used as guinea pigs like this, but they were never ever going to do it in 40k first.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2015-07-08 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Meh, not a fan of the Total War genre.

Nice. Hope we get Total War : Horus Heresy next.

Single player, RPG, MMO.. what type of game is this?

here's a webm of a little bit of leaked footage. Can't see a whole lot but it's something

https://gfycat.com/AmbitiousNeighboringInvisiblerail

Here's Angry Joe's E3 interview with a dev talking about their demo

And I know most have seen it already but the trailer for the Total War 15 year anniversary had a VERY small Warhammer tease at the end