Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    You're never going to have 9 relevant classes because certain class cards are just better than others.
    How would fixing those imbalances not solve this problem?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    How would fixing those imbalances not solve this problem?
    Because certain classes beat hunters easily. Mage has 2 decks that can trounce facehunters and a third that does decently well. This is because their hero power and frostbolt early.

Warrior has weapons and armor so depending on their opening hand can destroy facehunters.

A priest, however, has NO early cards that help it defeat the facehunter. Adding an early game taunt is not going to help this at all because their cards are just "Meh" early anyway. If I added a 2/6 cannot attack taunt for 2 mana the hunter will just kill it with weapons/Kill Command/Quick whatever its called and be done with it. The problem with priest is it has no way of surviving early game and taunts won't fix that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Deathlord is bad against anything but tempo/zoo, but i agree that there could be an early game alternative with a different type of drwaback. maybe that 2/6 taunt that has deathrattle: deal 2 damage to friendly minions or sth.
    Unstable ghoul fills that archetype.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty. Annoy-o-tron, deathlord and even Sen'jin is still really good.
    Annoy-o-tron as part of a control deck is below average it trades badly.
    Sen'jin is fine but it's four mana. More early game taunts is what this topic is about. Four mana is mid-game.

The current 1,2,3 mana taunts just don't trade well at all. Just a 3/2 for two taunt would require they attack it or use removal/silence.
    Then they would have to run more removals or silences for your mid-range late game taunts.

Face decks have run wild due to the issues of early game control for too long. Spells may help but they do nothing for getting you board control.
    You remove then your turn is over then they play new minions, sure that can happen if they trade into your taunt but said taunt is good later when it's your only card or two; You can play it on an empty board. Removals on an empty board are worthless.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Card Name: Huck Funters
    Cost: 1
    Effect: All minions take damage equal to 10 minus their base mana cost.

<3
    If you swap the first two letters of the card name around it spells fuck hunters :P

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Annoy-o-tron as part of a control deck is below average it trades badly.
    Sen'jin is fine but it's four mana. More early game taunts is what this topic is about. Four mana is mid-game.

The current 1,2,3 mana taunts just don't trade well at all. Just a 3/2 for two taunt would require they attack it or use removal/silence.
    Then they would have to run more removals or silences for your mid-range late game taunts.

Face decks have run wild due to the issues of early game control for too long. Spells may help but they do nothing for getting you board control.
    You remove then your turn is over then they play new minions, sure that can happen if they trade into your taunt but said taunt is good later when it's your only card or two; You can play it on an empty board. Removals on an empty board are worthless.
    So what you want is a minion with good attack and good defense but can't attack. So they'd just owl it and still go face. You're not solving the issue at all. Right now lets say there was a 2/6 can't attack taunt for 2 mana. Turn one is leper gnome; you coind out that taunt. I play abusive and attack the taunt. 2/2 now and it'll die to the sergeant anyway. You're literally killing 2 whole creatures which is what Annoyotron would accomplish as well. If you can't live until turn 4 either your hand was bad or youre deck is bad. Otherwise it's not "less taunts" screwing you it's your deck.

Something like this?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see people bringing up Deathlord, but let's be honest here, that card is completely niche and can lead to some incredibly frustrating losses by having 7+ Legendaries drop on the next turn because of how it is perfectly possible to dish out 8 damage in early game to kill the Deathlord. I don't see anyone running it in constructed while Sludge Belchers are staple taunt cards because of how there is no true down side to playing it. If you get Deathlord to work in your favour then it is good, but when it can backfire so easily it just isn't reliable to do its job well.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2015-07-09 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post

Something like this?
    So it's a better voidwalker? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because certain classes beat hunters easily. Mage has 2 decks that can trounce facehunters and a third that does decently well. This is because their hero power and frostbolt early.

Warrior has weapons and armor so depending on their opening hand can destroy facehunters.

A priest, however, has NO early cards that help it defeat the facehunter. Adding an early game taunt is not going to help this at all because their cards are just "Meh" early anyway. If I added a 2/6 cannot attack taunt for 2 mana the hunter will just kill it with weapons/Kill Command/Quick whatever its called and be done with it. The problem with priest is it has no way of surviving early game and taunts won't fix that either.
    That's still 6 damage not going to face. Might buy you a turn or two.

turn 1 zombie chow
    turn 2 pain
    turn 3 death lord
    turn 4 soulpriest plus circle
    turn 5+ continue to kill/steal everything they play while healing yourself
    Last edited by shammypie; 2015-07-10 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    If you swap the first two letters of the card name around it spells fuck hunters :P
    Oh really? didn't notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    turn 1 zombie chow
    turn 2 pain
    turn 3 death lord
    turn 4 soulpriest plus circle
    turn 5+ continue to kill/steal everything they play while healing yourself
    Wasn't aware it was that simple to just draw those cards. Two things:

No priest plays Pain because it's a wasted draw vs any other matchup.

Deathlord is probably just going to get silenced.

If you have Soulpriest + Circle then you actually probably win the matchup. GL getting it everytime. If my paladin could draw Consecrate and Sword every single time I played a facehunter I'd win too but I don't assume I will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Spoonerisms seem to be the latest Twitch craze.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'd also consider buffing existing taunt cards. A few more HP wouldn't hurt at all.
    I think though then you start giving Priests a pretty powerful deck thanks to their current spell cards like Divine Spirit and Inner Fire, they would be able to pull big combos fairly early, making those minions hard to remove. Priest decks are super slow though, but even giving them taunt minions that survive longer, they still have to get out stronger minions one way or another. Might be the best way to stall Hunters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Spoonerisms seem to be the latest Twitch craze.
    Tuck Fwoddle!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D U R R T Y View Post
    Tuck Fwoddle!
    Yours is slightly funnier, Furrty Duck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Yeah because games of Hearthstone should last 25 minutes.
    games of facestone are so interesting. it's so fun to just throw out minions and rush the face and win over 50% of your games without any thought whatsoever.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

To be truly effective at early game they would need to have high health and you cannot target them with spells or hero powers.

I remember making some early taunt cards for certain classes, seem quite balanced to me. Warlock and druids already have great early game taunts.