Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisibelf View Post
    I really like solo'ing, but I just feel frustrated that I'm hitting some wall when I should be able to keep going. Any help would be appreciated!
    I'm not sure what ilevel is necessary for Durumu now (687 may be enough), but your armory has a number of issues.
    - Mastery is terrible for DPS regardless of talent choice, and you're specced into Breath of Sindragosa, so you absolutely need MS enchants/gems - it's better than any stat at your gear level for DPS including strength and bonus armor. DPS legendary ring is also better with BoS.
    - In 6.2 Breath of Sindragosa generally requires more multistrike than what you have to be used well but I find that it beats Defile on pure single target (Durumu) with ~15% uptime. Thus it would be better for Durumu given the fight length but not necessarily better for Garrosh.
    - Glyph of Vampiric Blood is awful; forget that it exists.
    - Pillar of the Earth is terrible - a 630 Toria's Unseeing Eye or Fires of the Sun would be better than that.

As for Garrosh heroic, I'm not sure why you'd hit the enrage - I guess you can use the tactic Mione did for normal mode? IIRC that reduces the DPS check, but it shouldn't be an issue at your ilevel.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-07-12 at 12:23 AM.

I agree that breath 15% uptime can still beat defile, back when I did horridon 25 I had an awful uptime, like 20% and still managed to beat enrage, what seemed impossible with defile (even if there's a lot of adds, it's ST focused).

One thing I always wondered: I always thought vampiric blood glyph sucked because you lose hp and with how things worked you would also lose healing, more than you'd gain from the glyph.

But now? Now healing is no longer based on hp, but on attack power, what is the reasoning behind vampiric blood glyph doing less healing than without?

Deleted
    Hey,
    I am trying to solo Durumu in ToT on 10 man nhc mode, but I am not that successful. Does someone has any tips regarding this fight? I try to dps as much as possible before this disco phase and when I am looking for the 3 guys i cycle between cds (ams-ibf and so on). But the healing debuff seems to fuck me. Is it just a dps race and my gear sucks?
    I am lacking some multistrike right now, especially on trinkets. I couldnt really get my hands on one and I am not that lucky on the baleful trinkets so it´s worth upgrading.
    Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ampwn/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently running Mythic 5's, finding the trash after the first boss in UBRS, as well as the second boss in Skyreach to be a cockblock due to the large amounts of self healing put in by targets. Tried GoIT for removing the healing buff in UBRS, but it's instantly recast as soon as any target is below 80%, seems like you can't interrupt it either.

Anyone who's found a good workaround for this let me know, thanks!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I just want to say thanks for making this thread active again. It has always been a great source of inspiration and community that I have missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm struggling with Durumu on 10man, i can get through all his phases but i can only get him to 10% before the first life drain and after that i'm screwed.

Are you using full consumables and everything?
    Specifically double pot, drums of fury, food buff (felmouth frenzy or Salty Squid Roll), and Drums of Forgotten Kings).

Also, what's your ilevel?
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-07-20 at 12:29 PM.

I was thinking about going to HoF Heroic for the Plate Robe & Shoulders, but I've a question about Amber-Shaper -- is it unkillable alone? I'm looking at the spreadsheet and some bosses in 10H were soloed back in MoP already, so I figure it has to be encounter specific mechanics that make it impossible to solo?

Or is the spreadsheet simply out of date?
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redi View Post
    I was thinking about going to HoF Heroic for the Plate Robe & Shoulders, but I've a question about Amber-Shaper -- is it unkillable alone? I'm looking at the spreadsheet and some bosses in 10H were soloed back in MoP already, so I figure it has to be encounter specific mechanics that make it impossible to solo?

Or is the spreadsheet simply out of date?
    Assuming he hasn't been changed he turns you into the monstrosity and due to the mechanics you're just about immediately MC'd.

Deleted

Mythic ofc. ilvl 688, doubt this will be replicated (but as always, underestimating gear yadda yadda)

Nice, does it hit so hard to make it problematic to replicate for not as skilled people in 700 + gear?

Also I asked before but never got an answer: some people here insist that it's better not having vampiric blood glyph than having it and for now I kept it unglyphed too, but the reason why in the past vampiric blood glyph wasn't taken was that with death strike scaling on our max hp the loss of the hp boost also made the increase of healing less powerful than without glyph, but now that healing is based on attack power, how can you explain the fact that for pure HPS it would be better to not take the glyph?

Deleted
    I don't see any reason not to glyph it in the majority of situations - that being said, really little difference either way. To answer your first question it depends on whether you can simply zerg the boss down with good gear. It has 10 million hp, doubt it'd happen.

Sorry, didn't see your post. The glyph isn't generally taken because the health increase is useful, especially on Durumu which the poster in question was discussing. The glyph actually isn't as bad as it usually is when soloing, but it has the potential to lead to overhealing which wastes a lot more of the bonus of Vampiric Blood than it does unglyphed, comparatively.

And of course well done Mione as always!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I don't see any reason not to glyph it in the majority of situations - that being said, really little difference either way. To answer your first question it depends on whether you can simply zerg the boss down with good gear. It has 10 million hp, doubt it'd happen.
    It might just be that people are just carrying the impression of it being an awful glyph over from raiding when it's really not *that* bad for soloing.

Really well done on the Archmage Sol solo - what makes it difficult to replicate? Did you kill Yalnu as well?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone try using Warlord's Unseeing Eye on Ra-den?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    It might just be that people are just carrying the impression of it being an awful glyph over from raiding when it's really not *that* bad for soloing.

Really well done on the Archmage Sol solo - what makes it difficult to replicate? Did you kill Yalnu as well?
    Low ilvl and a shit ton of damage. Fight is a cake with BRF gear.

Ok, so I upgraded my crafted weapon, and managed to beat Duru life drain enrage (by 1 second. As in he died and my character was stunned from LD), and then the rest of the raid was actually nowhere near as hard. LS almost gave me trouble, but that was only due to have a computer that's lasted longer than most marriages, and the mass amount of adds dropped my frames to single digits.

Then I went into normal siege(sans Sha/galk), and did up to Malk so I'm pleased there.

Then I went, and decided to try my hand at a Mythic Dungeon. Picked Iron Docks, and managed to down the first boss.

Net started to get laggy so shelved it for later tonight. With any luck I'll have Mythic Docks cleared fully before reset.

I'm excited. As for gear still using bad gear with no leg ring, and mostly just Crystal gear with w/e I get from LFR, and Garrison missions so nothing super good there.

@Invisibelf
    Nice! How did Malkorok go? I know Magdalena did it back in 6.1 but I'm curious as to how difficult it is now.

I also added Lei Shen 25N, Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 25H, and Blade Lord 25H. I did not try the next two bosses in Heart of Fear but they might be doable as well.

Deleted
    Did it on Challenge Mode just to make sure. NO OVERGEARING THE BOSS YOU DIRTY FNX.

good luck is all I can tell you if you plan on trying this
    (ps thankfully you can skip all the way to the boss without even having to clear that much trash)
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2015-07-27 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrithiavia View Post
    @Invisibelf
    Nice! How did Malkorok go? I know Magdalena did it back in 6.1 but I'm curious as to how difficult it is now.

I also added Lei Shen 25N, Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 25H, and Blade Lord 25H. I did not try the next two bosses in Heart of Fear but they might be doable as well.
    Honestly? He murdered the snot out of me. It was all pretty simply until the blood rage phase. I might honestly take a sprint potion with me next time, and see if a combination of that, and talents can keep me out of range for a decent chunk of it. If I combine all my cds I might be able to live past the last half of blood rage. There's probably an obvious trick I'm missing, but half the fun is figuring it out.

He was at 50ish%. So it seems like basically another Duru style mini enrage to me.

Edit:
    Dear Mythic Docks, Your trash sucked, but I killed Skulloc, and got my mythic dungeon achievement solo. Eat it. Clever use of game mechanics? Eh, close enough.

https://youtu.be/x8cN_jbYT98
    Last edited by Invisibelf; 2015-07-27 at 10:05 PM.