Quote Originally Posted by xmatic44 View Post
    Nothing to be scared of....
    That's what the guy in the van said.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Then why not just link the imgur:

I think that's just fan service :P
    I just registered,so it doesnt let me :/

There will never be a demon hunter CLASS

with the incoming demo revamp for 7.0 *because blizzard doesn't like how it plays*

they will never take meta away as it's to much part of the warlock class now *and two classes with meta would be stupid*

the most likely outcome is Demo gets split into two specs like FERAL DRUIDS DID.

one focused on demon summoning/empowering minions *Demonolgy base don Gul'dan*

The other one Meta/self empowerment *Demon Hunter based on Illidan* AS A TANK SPEC.
    *as many warlocks want warlock tanking back*
    Illidan also was in a sense a cloth wearer, As he worn only pants and and blindfold, he was a better magic user then ever a physical fighter *in books/lore* maybe not so much in games like HotS

this solves many and all problems, it's easier to *split*make a spec then a new class.
    It add demon hunters
    It gives warlocks tanking back that was added in Mist *even though it got nerfed at release but was still viable in many situations*
    IT MIGHT also solve the lack of tanks problem because everyone and there mother wanting to be a Demon Hunter *although i wouldn't be surprised if they added a talent like Warriors Gladitators resolve*

It also fits lore as KANRETHAD was obessed with Illidans powers and wanted to learn to control them himself *and he was a warlock*. The questline it self also hinted at Illidan being Alive. So it would not be out of reach Illidan returns to train a new set of demon hunters from THE BLACK HARVEST, which does comprise of horde and alliance warlocks, so it is easy to explain why both factions get .

This would also allow to open up Night Elf Warlocks
    *maybe even draenei cause we had a expansion full of them and i want to be one of these two*
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2015-08-01 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    There will never be a demon hunter CLASS

with the incoming demo revamp for 7.0 *because blizzard doesn't like how it plays*

they will never take meta away as it's to much part of the warlock class now *and two classes with meta would be stupid*

the most likely outcome is Demo gets split into two specs like FERAL DRUIDS DID.

one focused on demon summoning/empowering minions *Demonolgy base don Gul'dan*

The other one Meta/self empowerment *Demon Hunter based on Illidan* AS A TANK SPEC.
    *as many warlocks want warlock tanking back*
    Illidan also was in a sense a cloth wearer, As he worn only pants and and blindfold, he was a better magic user then ever a physical fighter *in books/lore* maybe not so much in games like HotS

this solves many and all problems, it's easier to *split*make a spec then a new class.
    It add demon hunters
    It gives warlocks tanking back that was added in Mist *even though it got nerfed at release but was still viable in many situations*
    IT MIGHT also solve the lack of tanks problem because everyone and there mother wanting to be a Demon Hunter *although i wouldn't be surprised if they added a talent like Warriors Gladitators resolve*

It also fits lore as KANRETHAD was obessed with Illidans powers and wanted to learn to control them himself *and he was a warlock*. The questline it self also hinted at Illidan being Alive. So it would not be out of reach Illidan returns to train a new set of demon hunters from THE BLACK HARVEST, which does comprise of horde and alliance warlocks, so it is easy to explain why both factions get .

This would also allow to open up Night Elf Warlocks
    *maybe even draenei cause we had a expansion full of them and i want to be one of these two*
    I think there is a chance you might be surprised, that demon hunters may be the new class, and that with the demo overhaul warlocks do lose metamorphosis, but we'll see thursday.

Taking away meta from Warlocks at this point would be like taking away Hunter pets/Traps from hunters. It's only going to cause outrage even if something new and shiny is given. It's easier to split the spec and KEEP PEOPLE HAPPY ON ALL SIDES mostly.
    *there will always be complainers even if blizzard gave everyone 1 million gold*

and as i said, there is plenty of lore reason why warlocks would become demonhunter's over *random hero*.

good one is they are mages dealing with demons *as Illidan was a mage dealing with demons*
    *as there literally is no difference between warlocks and mages, they can cast all the same spells, the name really more refers to what school of magic they follow*
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2015-08-01 at 07:37 PM.

Meta was the cause of all demo problems when they started to focus on it being core gameplay
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I think there's a chance Demo loses Meta even if Demon Hunters aren't the new class. Blizzard just doesn't know what to do with it for them, and is pretty much the single reason Demo gets revamped almost every expansion.

Would really like to see a new Mail class that can use Bows, Crossbows and Guns for ranged spec and Daggers and Swords for melee spec. The idea of hybrid healing/dps specs ie. Fistweaving is a great concept in theory, I'm really not sure if it's viable end game, but those things seem to balance out gear allocation.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I think there is a chance you might be surprised, that demon hunters may be the new class, and that with the demo overhaul warlocks do lose metamorphosis, but we'll see thursday.
    If Blizzard take Meta away from Warlocks, they really will be showing they don't care.

Meta is an iconic Warlock ability and at this stage, is one that cannot be shared or removed. It isn't a DH ability - it's a Warlock ability. Even if it were to be removed from Warlocks, Blizzard couldn't give it to another class.

If we accept the leaks as true....AND the interpretations....we are getting a new class with 3 DPS specs. That rules out the Shadowstalker idea (has a healing spec) AND the Illidan style DH (strong tanking identity). It's probably unwise to have three DPS specs as it is inherently less flexible, but there's nothing against it either.

Again, dealing with the various leaks - if true and the interpretations correct - there are hints referring to Valla, a Gladiator like spec and the illdian style DH. These could refer to 4th specs being added for a number of classes.

Truth is, we don't really know.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Cutting a spec defining ability - in terms of both gameplay, and probably more importantly aesthetic - of the past 4 expansions is a big gamble; we had this far, far longer than we didn't and there won't be a vast number of players left who even remember that time we didn't.

And yet, I can I see them doing it. They don't seem to mind Warlocks having to relearn the class every string of hotfixes after all, and to make significant changes tp the class every expansion is par for the course. What difference does it make to annoy a percent or two of the players if they can sell 2M more boxes with the promise of Demon Hunters? I guess they can compensate like they did in MoP by letting us be ridiculously overpowered for a tier or two; only to take everything away again next time around. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    Taking away meta from Warlocks at this point would be like taking away Hunter pets/Traps from hunters. It's only going to cause outrage even if something new and shiny is given.
    Well MM and SV have been primarily petless all of WoD because outside of the 4pc tier bonus, Lone wolf has been top performing the whole time so that's a pretty poor example to use. Also, no matter what Blizzard does there will be some people who are outraged. I'd wager there'd be more people outraged if they tried to make a 4th lock spec that more accurately mirrored Demon Hunter than there would be if they took meta away from Demo and made a new class that had meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Well MM and SV have been primarily petless all of WoD because outside of the 4pc tier bonus, Lone wolf has been top performing the whole time so that's a pretty poor example to use. Also, no matter what Blizzard does there will be some people who are outraged. I'd wager there'd be more people outraged if they tried to make a 4th lock spec that more accurately mirrored Demon Hunter than there would be if they took meta away from Demo and made a new class that had meta.
    You still have a choice for a pet and not everyone is a min/maxer

also my main is a warlock, and every warlock i talk to wants Gylph of Demon hunting Back. I loved that thing for PvP and even rare chase in PvE after the nerf at release in mist.

a spec base don that would be a god send.

and i also know tons of locks who want demon to go back to it;s vanilla roots about being about DEMON summoning.

that is the problem with DEMO atm it's having a identity crisis as it's about both.

spliting the spec solves everything imo and the people i talk to atleast
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2015-08-01 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Cutting a spec defining ability - in terms of both gameplay, and probably more importantly aesthetic - of the past 4 expansions is a big gamble; we had this far, far longer than we didn't and there won't be a vast number of players left who even remember that time we didn't.
    Honestly I've always considered the Felguard the spec-defining ability for Demo locks. They are, after all, supposed to be the pet-focused spec for warlocks, like Beast Mastery is for Hunters. Meta has always just felt like either a DPS cooldown, or an extra button you have to hit when you want to cast Hand of Gul'dan.

Demons and fel magic are iconic
    Meta is not.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Honestly I've always considered the Felguard the spec-defining ability for Demo locks. They are, after all, supposed to be the pet-focused spec for warlocks, like Beast Mastery is for Hunters. Meta has always just felt like either a DPS cooldown, or an extra button you have to hit when you want to cast Hand of Gul'dan.
    META was going to be a form like druids have in WOD at one point *as a talent*

this point is why DEMO is having a identy crisis, It;s both about Meta and Demon summoning, spliting the spec while keeping emta keeps the most people happy, and THIS IS FROM A MAIN WARLOCK FOR 7 YEARS. who knows many other warlocks.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Demons and fel magic are iconic
    Meta is not.
    You see Meta in game, you're going to think Warlock, not DH.
    You take Meta away from Warlocks, they ARE going to get upset.
    You take it away simply to give it to another class...it isn't going to happen while Blizzard have any semblence of skill in game design. Existing classes ALWAYS come first.

If the leaks and interpretations are true, an Illidan style DH is coming. As yet, there is nothing to suggest that a DH **CLASS** is being considered and the hints that Lone Wolf and Gladiator were test beds for new playstyles indicates some 4th specs may be coming. If true, it strikes me as likely that Demo will be redesigned and may very well lose Meta - in favor of a a DH style 4th spec for Warlocks which gains it. They'd be doing what they did for Druids...taking the tanking history and abilities of Warlock and using them to form a new spec.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2015-08-01 at 08:07 PM.