Deleted

Class population balance is now a major issue

I don't think anyone is under any surprise that demon hunter is probably going to be the most played class in the game come next expansion. The already dwindling rogue population will no doubt take a massive blow. Monk's are cool and all but nobody really envisioned them or ever thought "hey I want to play this in the future maybe."

Demon Hunter however, that's been wanted in the game since forever.

This is also an issue for raiding. ANOTHER tank is probably not something that was needed, let alone another melee. Black hand mythic required 3 melee. Raiding in general has always been tight for melee and generally melee unfriendly. This is only going to make spots harder to get now with this new class.

I know it's a lot to speculate right now but I can't be the only one out there worried about class population and distribution next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be like Death Knights and go down during the expansion.

Wouldn't bother me. People should be able to play the class they enjoy without stigma. That said, make all the classes awesome, including rogues.

RIP Shamans. No one will want to play them unless their DPS is up there
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Same was said of Monks, as well as Death Knights.

And yes on launch there'll be tons of them roaming around. I remember NPC's going haywire with the amount of new DKs running into the major cities getting bantered by them. But give it time and it'll balance out on its own, as it's done before.

Can 100% guarantee they won't be the most played class, even on release day.
    You seriously over-estimate how many people reroll to the fotm.

I don't think they will be the highest played class by any means.
    However i think rogues will be an ultra rare sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, look at it like this. If you are raiding seriously that's self-correcting unless class stacking comes back in with a vengeance. People will lose spots since there will likely be only so many spots in a raid group for a demon hunter.

If you're not raiding, your queues for dungeons will likely be a bit longer.

And if you're not doing either of those things in PVE, it doesn't matter. People can play what they want in that case.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...ervertypeid=-1

what dwindling rogue population? Stop making up issues that aren't there...
    Um, nobody cares about <100.

Rogue is the least played class in the game after Monk. That's a fact.
    Last edited by mmoc5086ef18c7; 2015-08-07 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    I don't think they will be the highest played class by any means.
    However i think rogues will be an ultra rare sight.
    I agree 100%. Rogues are already a pretty rare sight from what I've seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Well, look at it like this. If you are raiding seriously that's self-correcting unless class stacking comes back in with a vengeance. People will lose spots since there will likely be only so many spots in a raid group for a demon hunter.
    Mythic has 20 spots, 3-5 of which is melee, 5-8 is ranged. I think that's an issue to be honest, regardless of the self correcting nature of serious progression guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worried? No, let people play whatever the hell they want to play. If you're worried about your raid spot, well, be GM and dictate what classes can join the guild, so you get all the loot - not like that doesn't happen already.

10+ Year Old Account
    More tanks might actually have an extremely beneficial effect on dungeon queues, especially with how many people will be rerolling Demon Hunter. Even if 1% of the demon hunters spec tank and queue, it will visibly impact queue times.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Um, nobody cares about <100.

Rogue is the least played class in the game after Monk. That's a fact.
    Shaman are played less than rogues, warlocks and priests are equal. Most other classes aren't that far ahead with the exception of hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    It'll be like Death Knights and go down during the expansion.
    I agree with this. It'll be an explosion of Demon Hunters at the beginning of Legion. That will taper off over time, once the novelty wears off and people realize they enjoy their previous main more.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If you're not raiding, your queues for dungeons will likely be a bit longer.
    I don't think they will significantly affect the total number of DDs and tanks queuing for dungeons, so it shouldn't really have much, if any, effect on dungeon queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunter dps is just an overpowered Rogue. The devs need to fix melee classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Mythic has 20 spots, 3-5 of which is melee, 5-8 is ranged. I think that's an issue to be honest, regardless of the self correcting nature of serious progression guilds.
    You missed the entire point, though. Demon Hunter is Melee-only and likely won't bring the same utility as Smoke Bomb or a Warrior and Paladin's tank-saving CDs. Even if it has something it won't be overpowered by default. There won't likely be many mythic guilds with five demon hunter DPS and two demon hunter tanks.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

If Blizzard does things even half right, the class order halls will increase the amount of players who stay and play through multiple classes to see what content is available. This gives Blizzard a new chance to increase interest in the class and expand who is playing what. Yes, demonhunter will be heavily played right out the gate, but as the expansion progresses there is the opportunity for a much more distributed class engagement.

Obviously it could be OP and suck the life out of WoW, but it doesn't need to be. If they do it right it'll be the right balance of powerful and hard to play so that players will migrate away from the hero class or up their skill level.

Deleted
    "Demon Hunters will start somewhere around level 95 to 100."

See, at least some people were pushed away from going DK because they started at 55 and had to go through Outland before getting to Northrend.

It looks like Demon Hunters will jump straight into the new xpac after like an hour of doing that introductory area.

This is honestly insanity, DH population is going to be like an apocalyptic refugee crisis.