10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    yeh because being a MD vs knowing how game design works, man thats a comparison.
    Yeah because going to university to learn game design vs actually developing a game works. Man that's a comparison

Also lolling at the fact you think modeling as a 14 year old somehow gives you credibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their new launcher is great, my download speed went from barely using 5% of my available bandwidth to fully capping it out

2 years in digipen institute https://www.digipen.edu/

and i was 3d modeling and skinning and scripting before i was 14. So yes i do.
    studying for a few years means nothing in the actual games design industry, not to mention 3d modeling and scripting is only one of the areas of games design.

Chris Roberts has setup his own company to make this game, its him that makes all the decisions as he has noone to tell him what to do, from the very start he has been open about what he wants from the game and keeps the community informed, along with taking on ideas that the community has to help improve the game further.

It will get released when chris thinks its ready i would prefer to wait a year longer than expected for the game to be released as good as it can be rather than and unfinished product like most MMOs currently.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    CIG has a huge amount of work to do and the number of people working on different t aspects of the game really shows just how much they want to see it succeed. Honestly, I have seen games with small development teams try to develop the game while it is actually being played by other people and they have failed to deliver on their content and promises in a timely manner. CIG is a long way from having a finished product and the majority of backers know that. The vocal minority is like in any other online game or hell, in life in general, the people who speak the loudest are usually the most heard. Most of us knew what we were getting into when we backed SC. I haven't given them a dime since I bought the Cutlass and Avenger packages, and I wish more people would do the same so that they are pushed to get more features done rather than promising more and not delivering on what has already been promised in a timely fashion. They won't fail to deliver on anything they have said they would do, however it is going to take even longer to add many of the additional features that have been requested.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    studying for a few years means nothing in the actual games design industry, not to mention 3d modeling and scripting is only one of the areas of games design.

Chris Roberts has setup his own company to make this game, its him that makes all the decisions as he has noone to tell him what to do, from the very start he has been open about what he wants from the game and keeps the community informed, along with taking on ideas that the community has to help improve the game further.

It will get released when chris thinks its ready i would prefer to wait a year longer than expected for the game to be released as good as it can be rather than and unfinished product like most MMOs currently.
    It doesnt matter that your trying to dissregard my experience, i know how much and what goes into game design, yes i did not publish a major aaa title, but when was the last time he did this as well. But i still know what goes into the design, i still know how much work must be done ect. ANd i know

-Arena mode
    -Salvage Mechanic
    -Facial Capture System.
    -Cloud Imperium Games will build their own mocap studio.
    -Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42
    -Procedural Generation R&D Team
    -Alien Languages
    -More Detailed AI Activities
    -Enhanced Ship Modularity
    -Enhanced Capital Ship Systems
    -Command and Control Center
    -The Hangar Module will feature Oculus Rift support.
    -Manage Space Stations
    That list is about 2-3 years of work right there. Alone that is.

CIG has a huge amount of work to do and the number of people working on different t aspects of the game really shows just how much they want to see it succeed. Honestly, I have seen games with small development teams try to develop the game while it is actually being played by other people and they have failed to deliver on their content and promises in a timely manner. CIG is a long way from having a finished product and the majority of backers know that. The vocal minority is like in any other online game or hell, in life in general, the people who speak the loudest are usually the most heard. Most of us knew what we were getting into when we backed SC. I haven't given them a dime since I bought the Cutlass and Avenger packages, and I wish more people would do the same so that they are pushed to get more features done rather than promising more and not delivering on what has already been promised in a timely fashion. They won't fail to deliver on anything they have said they would do, however it is going to take even longer to add many of the additional features that have been requested.
    Has there actually ever been proof on how many are working in different teams, has there ever been a video that shows the entire dev space like some devs. Or does he just say that he has a bunch of people working there and no one follows up? Id be intersted to know exactly what his staff size is like and how many different teams he has in house, or if hes contracting a bunch out. I know hes contracted a few modules out.

They won't fail to deliver on anything they have said they would do
    How do you know this, why do you have such a blind faith in this man, Hes published some shiny videos , a basic demo or 2 and thats enough to earn your undying trust on everything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah because going to university to learn game design vs actually developing a game works. Man that's a comparison

Also lolling at the fact you think modeling as a 14 year old somehow gives you credibility.
    Its a point that the entire field of game design can be and has been self taught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a point that the entire field of game design can be and has been self taught.
    Thats...not a point backed up by anything you said about going to university.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has there actually ever been proof on how many are working in different teams, has there ever been a video that shows the entire dev space like some devs. Or does he just say that he has a bunch of people working there and no one follows up? Id be intersted to know exactly what his staff size is like and how many different teams he has in house, or if hes contracting a bunch out. I know hes contracted a few modules out.
    There's a whole bunch of videos covering that topic on their youtube channel, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T_o...I&spfreload=10
    Well, good thing their working on it then and have been since early 2013.

hes been working on this project since around 2011, and many of those aspects are well underway to being complete, we don't know exactly the progress in each area but the game is most likely around 1 year away from PU alpha and most of us have been expecting that timeline as it is.

If it takes another 1-2 years to complete then so be it, its not as if there are no other games to play in the meantime.

Hello Zeta, the CIG team started it's adventure around 2012 with 5 crazy folks, kickstarter this and that allowed for a quality increase so a year later they finished 2013 with nearly 60 people working on the game. As the scope got bigger and the funding kept growing it allowed more people to help the efforts of turning Star Citizen into a reality! 2014 closed with 183 dev´s and atm they have a team of around 260 people contracted with CIG [P+L+U+S] around 150 Sub-contracted folks from outside studios.

Here's some family photos:

Austin Studio, USA

Los Angeles Studio, USA

Manchester, UK

Frankfurt, Germany

And a bunch of people sub-contracted around the world to help them make this game.

If you have any more questions im sure mr.Youtube or mr.Google will help you out if you just type "Star Citizen Studios" for just "Star Citizen any question" for that matter.

Remember it's just a game, have some fun!

You'd have to be mad to continue backing the game at this point. Roberts keeps moving the goalposts, and with them the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    You'd have to be mad to continue backing the game at this point. Roberts keeps moving the goalposts, and with them the release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this shit gets released. I paid 100 bucks for this, and all I've got ever since is false promises, delays and expectations that were not met. I really love the concept and want it to succeed, but perhaps they just decided to take a way too large of a bite. It is looking good though.

so its mad to support someone who will revolutionize the space MMO genre, this game will get made and only be released when chris is happy with it, its at least 1 year away still but its more likely within the next 2 years the PU alpha will be released and a little while after that the actual release

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    That graph is irrelevant. The game was meant to be released to backers in November 2014 and released to the public in 2015. Except Roberts got dollar signs in his eyes and continues to inflate the scope of the game with no release date in sight.

The scope changed to bigger and better things, if you are in a hurry you should not put money on games in-development but on released games, your fault, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    people these days are so impatient and want the instant gratification of a great game without waiting for the proper development time for it to BE great.

it started in 2012, the scope grew, which means more time is needed.

the graph posted above is relevant, we wont be seeing this release into 2017-2018. and when it does, it'll be fantastic.

That graph is irrelevant. The game was meant to be released to backers in November 2014 and released to the public in 2015. Except Roberts got dollar signs in his eyes and continues to inflate the scope of the game with no release date in sight.
    he is putting every dollar he gets into the game so the only reason he would want more money is to make the game even better, the graph is relevant as due to the scope of the game itself it was always going to be 5 years plus in development, also its up to chris when he sets a release date so if your so impatient then go play and moan about something else.

Also he never stated at all it would be released in november 2014, they have been releasing modules for backers to help along with the testing but the PU was never going to be ready until at least late 2016 early 2017 for the PU alpha.

Also he never stated at all it would be released in november 2014
    Yes he did: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...en/description

"$60 reward

627 backers

DOUBLE DIGITAL SCOUT: Two digital copies of the finished game and two of everything from the 'Digital Scout' tier. Share with a friend!

Estimated delivery: Nov 2014"

Deleted
    You guys finally getting antsy about SC actually being an elaborate scam and not really a game?

10+ Year Old Account
    he is putting every dollar he gets into the game.
    I dunno.. that desk in his office is pretty swanky .

Yes he did: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...en/description

"$60 reward

627 backers

DOUBLE DIGITAL SCOUT: Two digital copies of the finished game and two of everything from the 'Digital Scout' tier. Share with a friend!

Estimated delivery: Nov 2014"
    Estimated.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.