Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Pretty sure people care more about my hips than about some thigh gap, lol.
    Different people probably like your looks for different reasons, Tiili.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Essentially when a woman is standing straight up, knees together, there's a small space between the top of her thighs, just below her vagina.

This is a good image:

The legs on the right are what people dream of. Perfect ass, perfect legs, still a gap.
    The legs on the left are usually how it turns out.
    I like both, though the right has the nicer ass. Still, the lighting makes a bit of difference too.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    This just in: commercial interests use biologically hard-wired beauty to sell stuff. If we all liked fat chicks, they'd be selling us plus sized models everywhere.
    Considering how dramatically definitions of beauty have changed across time and cultures, I highly doubt perceptions of beauty are hard-wired. If there is a genetic influence, I would think it would be related to physical features that hint at fertility and good health.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I like both, though the right has the nicer ass. Still, the lighting makes a bit of difference too.
    Are you some kind of sadist? The one on the left is hideously lacking in important musculature to the point that I would imagine standing up would become an agonizing process for such a person.

I don't like thigh gaps myself. I find them a bit off putting personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Considering how dramatically definitions of beauty have changed across time and cultures, I highly doubt perceptions of beauty are hard-wired. If there is a genetic influence, I would think it would be related to physical features that hint at fertility and good health.
    Well currently and in the near future I doubt being fat or overweight is going to be attractive. There is no reason to believe that. Fit and slim is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah, dem tig ol bitties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Isnt that gap dependant of the bone structure of your hip. I mean it doesnt matter how fit you are some woman just cant obtain it due to genetics.
    Indeed, true yes.

Besides:

For my own part, I don't care about it. Most females with a thigh gap, do so because they've crooked legs.
    I cherish straight long legs with some nice hips a lot more.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Essentially when a woman is standing straight up, knees together, there's a small space between the top of her thighs, just below her vagina.

The legs on the right are what people dream of. Perfect ass, perfect legs, still a gap.
    The legs on the left are usually how it turns out.
    I'm 3 years engaged and I could not tell if my girl even has that.. like, it's one of the last things I'd look for in girls.. o.O that looks extremely pointless, I get boobies - they nice to grab. Round butt - same as boobies, I guess. But thigh gap o.O what is it even.. ech, I'm getting old most likely..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I honestly feel disturbed by this article. So we will now measure attractiveness of people by how big gap they have? :/

A thigh gap? Just spread your feet a little lol?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can think of when I see Thigh Gap pictures is "Ahh! Slenderman's girlfriend!!!"

Seriously, no idea why some find it attractive. It's just creepy to me.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    A thigh gap is not a hard wired marker of attraction.

It's a freak show. In no other time have humans been sedentary enough that if you were to starve yourself to dangerously low body fat content (Yes, your body requires a certain amount of fat, zero fat is bad.) that somebody could possibly be lacking enough bone and muscle structure in order to cause a gap to appear between their thighs.

Like, I can't even fathom the lack of muscular development required for that.
    Doesn't make sense. Thigh muscles promote the gap by tightening. Look at women fitness trainers and such, and they have it. It has nothing to do with lacking bone and muscle structure, and everything to do with having a low body fat content.

A woman needs a strong pair of thighs and a nice round donk, a flat (but not overly concave to the point of appearing emaciated) stomach, and then some tig ol bitties up top.

What do they call that? oh yeah, a fucking hourglass figure. Fuck thigh gap. Bring back the hourglass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Doesn't make sense. Thigh muscles promote the gap by tightening. Look at women fitness trainers and such, and they have it. It has nothing to do with lacking bone and muscle structure, and everything to do with having a low body fat content.
    Sorry bruh but your crossfit instructor =/= any real practical knowledge of the human body, or science, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Ok, this is awesome
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Funny how people get obsessed over stupid/irrelevant things. Imagine the money to be made off them.

But, what's attractive about it? O_o
    Individual visual preference. Same with the size of boobs/ass, height, weight, skin/hair colour etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Well currently and in the near future I doubt being fat or overweight is going to be attractive. There is no reason to believe that. Fit and slim is in.
    It's already breaking up again, and revert to a more normal/natural body type.
    The fit and slim hype peak is over.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Are you some kind of sadist? The one on the left is hideously lacking in important musculature to the point that I would imagine standing up would become an agonizing process for such a person.
    Oh give me a break. I know plenty of women who have bodies like that, and they get along just fine. Hell, the girl I'm dating right now is closer to the picture on the left than the one on the right (though not really either of them), and she goes swimming and running all the time.

Your concept of women not being able to have thigh gap unless they're unhealthy is just wrong. For example, this woman has thigh gap, yet is clearly muscular/athletic:

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure people care more about my hips than about some thigh gap, lol.
    It's all relative to the individual.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It can make your legs look really slim and long and guys tend to like leggy girls.
    KNow what makes legs look long? HAVING LONG LEGS! Thats it. If your legs are short then they will look short no matter how much gap they have. My wifes 5'11'' 120 - 130lbs maybe, and very "Leggy". I can honestly say I never looked to see if she had a "thigh gap". The shit kids come up with these days is just fucking idiotic. They need to to something constructive with thier time rather than worry about shit like this.