Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    WK was the guy who gave the TA the most problems. He was the only reason TA died because he just kept running at TA, removing her Refractions and protecting his team from getting 2 shot and forced the TA to go BKB. Had the WK gone anything else TA could have just run circles around that team. The WK also had like 17 min Midas Radiance. So the timing is way earlier than most WK gets it at .
    And, yet, at the end of the game, he is still a WK and still a walking pile of gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    And, yet, at the end of the game, he is still a WK and still a walking pile of gold.
    At the end of the game, he had a Storm that lost 80% of his HP after his first jump in fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Whats next, radiance ls? radiance sven?
    Why would you ever get radiance over mjolnir/blade mail? cause some random pubstar has a high winrate with radiance?
    Radiance is good on literally any hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

At the end of the game, he had a Storm that lost 80% of his HP after his first jump in fights.
    Yeah that'll happen when your entire team goes midas and you can't do anything all game because it's 1v5.

Deleted
    Yeah that'll happen when your entire team goes midas and you can't do anything all game because it's 1v5.
    Is this the shit people tell themselves when they lose pubs and can't get out of MMR hell?

What did the Storm do for his team? That is what you should ask. The answer? Absolutely nothing because he couldn't because he countered himself by picking Storm into a TA. You could just reverse the question, what could WK do when he had a useless Storm in the game? WK at least shut down the main core of opposing team. That's more than what the Storm did.

Either way, you can refuse to believe Storm gets countered by TA all you want in pubs but it's no coincidence I don't struggle against the hero

Deleted
    Is this the shit people tell themselves when they lose pubs and can't get out of MMR hell?

What did the Storm do for his team? That is what you should ask. The answer? Absolutely nothing because he couldn't because he countered himself by picking Storm into a TA. You could just reverse the question, what could WK do when he had a useless Storm in the game? WK at least shut down the main core of opposing team. That's more than what the Storm did.

Either way, you can refuse to believe Storm gets countered by TA all you want in pubs but it's no coincidence I don't struggle against the hero
    Can't storm just roll around the map ganking supports 24/7 tho ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Can't storm just roll around the map ganking supports 24/7 tho ?
    That playstyle gets harder as you go up in MMR as supports will be more aware of the map. There is a reason no top MMR Storm runs around and gank constantly. It's a high risk playstyle that doesn't always pay off.

But the beauty of TA as a counter is that even if you wanted to do this, you will get punished. As I said previously, Storm is constantly low on HP due to Psi Blades, he struggles to farm even his Bottle and Boots. That makes you very ineffective if you want to go gank. You also lack rune control. Don't forget that TA constantly pushes the wave so you moving to gank will lead to a very destroyed tower very quickly.

The Storm in my replay did go gank and he got punished heavily for it (he died).

That playstyle gets harder as you go up in MMR as supports will be more aware of the map. There is a reason no top MMR Storm runs around and gank constantly. It's a high risk playstyle that doesn't always pay off.
    What MMR is this where 3 people go naked midas on the same team? Get over yourself. You're just another shitcan pub like the rest of us in this thread.

Deleted
    What MMR is this where 3 people go naked midas on the same team? Get over yourself. You're just another shitcan pub like the rest of us in this thread.
    It's 3k MMR.

Deleted

But the beauty of TA as a counter is that even if you wanted to do this, you will get punished. As I said previously, Storm is constantly low on HP due to Psi Blades, he struggles to farm even his Bottle and Boots. That makes you very ineffective if you want to go gank. You also lack rune control. Don't forget that TA constantly pushes the wave so you moving to gank will lead to a very destroyed tower very quickly.

The Storm in my replay did go gank and he got punished heavily for it (he died).
    Hmm makes sense, at my rating if a storm has a bad mid it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Radiance is good on literally any hero
    On non illusion heroes its mostly good if you get it really early because it loses it value overtime.

It's 3k MMR.
    I'll clarify because you seem to be missing the entire point of this hero:

Nobody thinks Storm is an auto-win hero that you might as well just give up if enemy picks him. No hero in the game is that good or ever will be because it's still a team game and, honestly, there are way too many zero skill one shot mechanics now for any one hero to be unstoppable. That's not the issue with Storm.

The issue with Storm is that he's guaranteed farm, you can't stop that. He's guaranteed kills on anyone who runs around alone, you can't really stop that either. He puts up a huge amount of global pressure simply by being in the game. He's also zero fun to play against, because he jumps on you from far beyond your vision range and kills you before you can react or play the game again. It's like playing against Zeus in -wtf mode after he's level 6, you just sit back and watch yourself die and go grab a drink or something in the meantime. Void has the same issue, but Void requires farm, because his damage comes from right clicks, not spells that work while naked.

On top of how Storm forces you to change the way you play the game, much like other cancer picks (techies), he is also one of the easiest heroes in the game to play. People can debate this all they want, but a monkey can click R, click on enemy hero, click Orchid on them, and kill them before the silence wears off. That's what this hero does, and until you have BKB, there's not really anything you can do about it other than pray an ally saves you. And, once you have BKB, you're forced to use it the second he jumps on you, at which point he can just jump away and he wasted a charge of your BKB for free.

What does all this mean?

tl;dr
    Storm is the ultimate retard pick and total downers can win free MMR all day long spamming this hero. Nobody in the world thinks Blitz would be any higher than 4500 if bans existed in AP, he's not that great of a player and really only got where he is because he practiced one of the most ridiculous heroes in the game until his eyes bled. It's frustrating because it means that you're at an immediate disadvantage if you don't pick one of the top half a dozen heroes that are, quite simply, better than the rest. That's fine in ranked, where the entire point is to spam broken heroes and MMR is really just a measure of who is the most dedicated to pursuing a number, rather than having fun, but people ruin unranked games with this shit, too.

As a side note, this patch is easily one of the most unbalanced patches, if not THE most unbalanced, since the creation of dota2. It's pretty disappointing to see this shitshow is still going after TI5, I really hope we will see a balance patch soon. Seeing the same 10 heroes in every game in TI should have made it obvious.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-07 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    tl;dr
    Storm is the ultimate retard pick and total downers can win free MMR all day long spamming this hero. Nobody in the world thinks Blitz would be any higher than 4500 if bans existed in AP, he's not that great of a player and really only got where he is because he practiced one of the most ridiculous heroes in the game until his eyes bled. It's frustrating because it means that you're at an immediate disadvantage if you don't pick one of the top half a dozen heroes that are, quite simply, better than the rest. That's fine in ranked, where the entire point is to spam broken heroes and MMR is really just a measure of who is the most dedicated to pursuing a number, rather than having fun, but people ruin unranked games with this shit, too.

As a side note, this patch is easily one of the most unbalanced patches, if not THE most unbalanced, since the creation of dota2. It's pretty disappointing to see this shitshow is still going after TI5, I really hope we will see a balance patch soon. Seeing the same 10 heroes in every game in TI should have made it obvious.
    Yeah, sorry I play at 3k MMR and didn't know you can solo kill anyone as Storm. I haven't played the hero enough. That Storm in the replay I linked just showed mercy to the TA and didn't kill her even though she was right up in his face all alone.

I'm sorry, I thought Blitz said he reached 6.5k again while randoming. Maybe I misheard.

Yeah, sorry I play at 3k MMR and didn't know you can solo kill anyone as Storm. I haven't played the hero enough. That Storm in the replay I linked just showed mercy to the TA and didn't kill her even though she was right up in his face all alone.

I'm sorry, I thought Blitz said he reached 6.5k again while randoming. Maybe I misheard.
    Didn't watch replay, not going to watch replay, sorry if that ruins the discussion but I'm going to assume what I already said just by looking at his teammates - it was 1v5 and there was nothing he could do. It's pretty hard to kill even WW when there's 3 other heroes right next to her waiting to assist (especially when you don't have an Orchid).

If you're such a godly TA and actually deserve your MMR, and Storm is so damn easy for you to beat, it shouldn't be hard for you to reproduce a couple dozen replays of actually close games where you shut down Storm and won the game for your team. I mean, after all, the hero is picked pretty much every goddamn game in pubs right now.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-08 at 01:26 AM.

Deleted
    If you're such a godly TA and actually deserve your MMR, and Storm is so damn easy for you to beat, it shouldn't be hard for you to reproduce a couple dozen replays of actually close games where you shut down Storm and won the game for your team. I mean, after all, the hero is picked pretty much every goddamn game in pubs right now.
    Games against Storm as TA are never close because it's a counter. That's the point of being a counter...

Can I reproduce those stomps? Sure.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1771563550
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1766436510
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1763073816
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1721093825
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1702821196
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1680494739

Do note, this was not cherry picking. These were the most recent games against Storm. 100% win rate if you can't bother clicking. I am not generally a counter picker and most of the time these guys pick Storm into TA. I don't even consider myself good on TA. Everyone is just fucking bad at TA because they're bad at laning with the hero.

Bonus non-TA games:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1777653514
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1773116963 (went Tinker woods against a BH and Rikimaru. LOL. Was fun game.)
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1771905381
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1775307028 (lost as QoP but I didn't want to win that game. Notice the Dagon purchase after I lost hope in my team. Guy said he'd play support Furion in pick screen and then proceeded to buy QB and Mantle and AFK jungle all game)
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-08 at 02:22 AM.

That Storm in the replay I linked just showed mercy to the TA and didn't kill her even though she was right up in his face all alone.
    But like I said TA is one of the heroes Storm can't easily kill, thus they have little impact on each other after the initial laning. Anyway the problem I have is that even when I play in a 5-stack it's pretty common for a Storm to lose mid and just fuck off and farm the jungle and whichever lane is empty for the next 10 minutes and still complete a 15-20 minute Orchid and proceed to murder any support that strays into enemy wards or any core that dares to farm along with less than 1500hp. Every kid tries to be Suma1l now and goes max overload remnant which is a pretty effective jungling build with just SR Bottle (+Treads.) I don't really take issue with Storm besides him being really not fun to play against because the second you enter within 5000 units of an enemy tower you instantly have to worry about Storm.

I get that TA and other heroes can own him in a lane but especially in pubs the first 5-10 minutes just sometimes don't mean jack shit. In a pro game or a very high mmr game sure it might be impossible for Storm to come back from but in a normal pub it'll still usually be possible for a Storm to feed off the player(s) who don't know how to deal with his presence, not to mention that the Storm is usually last picked against a lineup that isn't good against him in the first place.

I know you as a mid player will like to think that you can dominate the lane so hard you single-handedly won the game in the first 5 minutes (which does happen, I don't deny it) but assuming not everyone in the game is 6k MMR nothing really prevents the Storm for saying fuck it 5 minutes into the game and telling a support to come leech xp in mid while he goes jungling where your psi blades cant reach him.

Anyway I think this patch is pretty good, if patch notes contained nothing but a nerf to Lesh, BS and Techies I'd be happy.

Deleted
    @Hermanni

I'm not denying the fact that people lose to Storm in pubs. I'm saying they lose because they don't know how to deal with Storm and play against the hero in the wrong way then cry about not being able to do anything. The thing is, bad Storms don't go into the jungle early. That's like what top MMR players do when they get shut down in lane. That's also what differentiates good mid players from bad ones. Good mid players rotate into jungle between waves and shit.

Bad Storms tend to gank more at low MMR because it works. Everyone is just bad and the opposing mid doesn't know how to capitalize on that (carry a TP to counter gank or push the mid tower and power farm). Again, this is a player issue.

Storm doesn't have great impact on a TA but a TA has impact on a Storm. Losing 80% of your HP in team fights after your first zip is not that fun. Having your tower constantly pushed so you can't gank or farm woods for too long also sucks.

Can I reproduce those stomps? Sure.
    I see two games where Storm got shut down, and it's arguable, looks like he was intentionally feeding in one of them. Not really proving your point. You still seem to misunderstand what I am saying. I'm pretty sure I have at least a 55-60% winrate against Storm. That doesn't stop him from being a bullshit hero.

Deleted
    I see two games where Storm got shut down, and it's arguable, looks like he was intentionally feeding in one of them. Not really proving your point. You still seem to misunderstand what I am saying. I'm pretty sure I have at least a 55-60% winrate against Storm. That doesn't stop him from being a bullshit hero.
    I mean, if you can't keep above 400 GPM on a hero like Storm I'd consider you shut down. Unless you're a KDA hero.Which games didn't he get shut down in?

I mean, I know people like you and others like to play against Storm by trying to completely shut him down thinking it'll win you the game. That's not how I beat Storm. I shit on him mid, I let him do his little dance around the map while not farming and then just overpower him with my item advantage. That's how I win against Storm.

Tell me how I didn't win the games for my team. I was a fucking beast in those games I linked.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-08 at 02:45 AM.

Tell me how I didn't win the games for my team. I was a fucking beast in those games I linked.
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1777905521
    hey look, I shrekt a Storm picker too

Still a bullshit hero