Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    50% in the main event, bh has 92% w.r lel. lina has 63% gyro 66%

Lina has 53% and is actually near balanced, as expected of a hero that is only slightly over the top, BH has 70% and yes we all know track is extremely broken because mechanics that introduce a way to get extra gold in the game will always be broken (I realize this statement includes shitpick Alchemist but I actually think Alch would be really OP if people tried to actually draft around him and did stuff like stacking jungle for him/etc, he can get 6 slotted at like 25 minutes if he has a good game).

And the hilarious thing about all of this, is that people say Storm only works in low level pub games because he's so easy to stop if you just lock him down. And yet, so many respect bans in TI5, so many games won on the back of Storm Spirit, so many losses that were close and almost turned around by this one single hero (look at you eul's drop). He is a huge pick in competitive right now, despite being a pub hero, amazing.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-11 at 03:18 AM.

So it's Reborn now...
    How do you like it actually?

Still full of the same old bugs that have been in reborn for a month, still DCing and crashing people like crazy, still ruining dota every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noticing plenty of bugs, but still runs a lot smoother than the old client.

Yet to experience the "DCs and crashing" part, apparently.

so far its perfect for me, tho the ping went back to 100+ before it was like 50-60 (before every1 wen to reborn)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Lina has 53% and is actually near balanced, as expected of a hero that is only slightly over the top, BH has 70% and yes we all know track is extremely broken because mechanics that introduce a way to get extra gold in the game will always be broken (I realize this statement includes shitpick Alchemist but I actually think Alch would be really OP if people tried to actually draft around him and did stuff like stacking jungle for him/etc, he can get 6 slotted at like 25 minutes if he has a good game).

And the hilarious thing about all of this, is that people say Storm only works in low level pub games because he's so easy to stop if you just lock him down. And yet, so many respect bans in TI5, so many games won on the back of Storm Spirit, so many losses that were close and almost turned around by this one single hero (look at you eul's drop). He is a huge pick in competitive right now, despite being a pub hero, amazing.
    oh well I just checked the main event, he has literally 50% when the games matter the most.

also how is lina balanced? she was literally 1st pick/ban because of how OP and versatility she is.

http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/41/heroes
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Lina so dumb right now, low CD stun , nuke - free insta kill - stupid range - good auto attacking - high movespeed - and a pure damage ulti at 20 mins which 1 shots any support in the game.

That being said i'd rather play against Lina than Storm.

also how is lina balanced? she was literally 1st pick/ban because of how OP and versatility she is.

http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/41/heroes
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1784169252
    Perfect game showing how useless she is when you play around her. Granted she won this game, but not because of her. Made a couple of mistakes, most notable of which letting them win the game while Ember was DCed for 3 minutes and nobody paused, but that's Reborn for you.

She can certainly win mid against just about any hero. I think it's funny, I was saying Lina mid was godly even before they buffed dragon slave. Now that it can one shot ranged creeps, WAOW, what a broken mid pick. You literally can't stop her from getting minimum 2 creeps per wave, 3 really if she's smart about it, which means she is pretty much guaranteed her zero skill eul's combo by like 12 minutes. Nice.

All that said, she's only good for one kill, and plenty of items can prevent it. Linkens, glimmer on an ally, someone can simply stun her when she eul's you, you can BKB when you land and kill her, lots of ways to deal with Lina. She can't zipzap. Probably the only thing I'd really consider broken about her, aside from her guaranteed win mid lane, is having 460 movespeed with brown boots and eul's because of her passive, but that's more eul's needing a nerf than Lina.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-11 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    s4. How you have fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1784169252
    Perfect game showing how useless she is when you play around her. Granted she won this game, but not because of her. Made a couple of mistakes, most notable of which letting them win the game while Ember was DCed for 3 minutes and nobody paused, but that's Reborn for you.

She can certainly win mid against just about any hero. I think it's funny, I was saying Lina mid was godly even before they buffed dragon slave. Now that it can one shot ranged creeps, WAOW, what a broken mid pick. You literally can't stop her from getting minimum 2 creeps per wave, 3 really if she's smart about it, which means she is pretty much guaranteed her zero skill eul's combo by like 12 minutes. Nice.

All that said, she's only good for one kill, and plenty of items can prevent it. Linkens, glimmer on an ally, someone can simply stun her when she eul's you, you can BKB when you land and kill her, lots of ways to deal with Lina. She can't zipzap. Probably the only thing I'd really consider broken about her, aside from her guaranteed win mid lane, is having 460 movespeed with brown boots and eul's because of her passive, but that's more eul's needing a nerf than Lina.

she still did her job, huskar useless and she also rekt bloodseeker

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1739951747

perfect example of how storm can be deal with, pick lockdown + am
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

she still did her job, huskar useless and she also rekt bloodseeker

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1739951747

perfect example of how storm can be deal with, pick lockdown + am
    Did you actually watch the replay? Lina did nothing all game, most of Huskar's deaths were to Slark which is why he's so fed. Seeker also did fine, honestly our team was set up to win before I fed gem misjduging repel duration and then we fed gem again when ember was DCed and reconnected right when we told his hero to pass gem to me, causing him to run down mid and die with it. We lost because of Slark and no other reason, we didn't have any AoE to stop him during his ult and he had omni to protect him from rupture initiations.

7k MMR game with 4 stunners against Storm? Don't even try to use that as evidence. I don't really give a shit how Storm does in the pros (even though the data shows he is still one of the best heroes in the game), the hero is pretty much unstoppable at 5k bracket because people don't have the coordination necessary to stop him.

dotabuff.com/players/93874877
    Here you go, 8 losses in a row to Storm. Admittedly, Storm isn't the only problem, I get total shitlords on my team every single game, and I don't exclude myself. After all, you can pretty much predict who wins the game in 6.84 just by looking at which team has more of the 10 or so broken heroes in the game, and this list of losses is no exception. Since I refuse to pick overpowered heroes, I am pretty much guaranteed to lose every game. Sad what dota has become, I'm pretty sure League is more balanced at this point.

At least one of the losses I counterpicked Silencer for shits and he fed all game, sadly 3 of his allies had godlike streaks at the same time and Silencer is still a shit hero so I was just a walking pile of gold all game.

I would say maybe I'm just terrible at this game and deserve to be 4k MMR, but the sad fact is that I had 80%+ winrate in solo ranked before 6.84 came out, and I haven't won a single game since then. I keep picking the same heroes, but they're just shit heroes now. You can say part of being a "good player" is knowing what heroes to pick, but that's just the problem with 6.84. You don't counterpick, you don't try to set up team composition and draft well, you simply pick the same 10 broken ass heroes for free MMR. Most boring patch in a long time, I GREATLY preferred trolhohaha to this. At least those heroes didn't auto-win against other heroes, plenty of heroes could stop Troll and Sniper is one of the easiest to gank heroes in the game.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-11 at 11:12 PM.

kay you're crazy if u prefer troll/sniper over meta heroes atm.

I just clicked one of ur games, since 2 others i clicked there wasn't a storm

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1784361985

how is it fuking storm being op? its more ur teammates being awful, that gyro. bloodseeker wtf.
    - Ronald Koeman.

kay you're crazy if u prefer troll/sniper over meta heroes atm.

I just clicked one of ur games, since 2 others i clicked there wasn't a storm

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1784361985

how is it fuking storm being op? its more ur teammates being awful, that gyro. bloodseeker wtf.
    Too far back, this was party ranked not solo. Storm was in all but 3 of my losses and 2 of those losses we simply lost to cykacyka instead, the NA game was the only game I'd consider "fair" and it was ruined by a DC. Also, surprise surprise that it was a much more fun and better game when there was no Storm or BS on the enemy team. Sadly it took having BS on my team to even half way balance out the idiot huskar but whatever.

Sorry for the rant, but I just cannot fathom how anyone prefers this patch to any of the previous patches. In .83 you saw troll/sniper every other game, but people pretty much picked whatever after that. Now you get 4 or 5 of the exact same heroes game after game, every game just blends together and becomes one giant spectator sport watching the people who picked those heroes have fun trampling everyone else. Good luck being a support in this meta, too.

I'm honestly about ready to first pick storm and jungle at level 1 every single game just so I can prove how zero skill this hero is. BS and BH are probably the next biggest disease on the game, Lesh is pretty strong but you can at least pick AM, which is probably what I should be doing instead of letting the designated team feeder have him every game.

Also, I do realize I've had absolutely shit luck with teammates these past couple of days, but I really try to avoid blaming my losses on that, regardless of how true it is. The real fact of 6.84 is that if you aren't mid or hard carry you essentially have zero impact on whether you win or not. You simply cannot win as a roamer when your mid loses to enemy Leshrac and he gets 10 minute bloodstone, he will 1v5 your team and there's no "outplay"ing it. Some of these games I picked terrible heroes and wasn't much help to the team, but even in the games where I did great, it just didn't matter, our safe lane gets zero farm and our mid loses his 1v1 and there's just no way to come back from it, you can't farm for your carry, if he sucks at farming you just have to accept the loss. It really speaks volumes that all the people who say this patch is fine are typically people who always play mid or safe lane and are totally okay with playing the same 3 heroes for 250 games straight.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-11 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    This is indeed the mid patch. Mid has the most impact and requires the most skill right now to carry when you're at your true MMR (when you can't just roll people over by being just better).

On another note, I hate games where you build a super strong lead but you can't finish the game and the enemy team just runs around as 5. Those games just make me want to kill myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    On another note, I hate games where you build a super strong lead but you can't finish the game and the enemy team just runs around as 5. Those games just make me want to kill myself.
    so 6.83 pmuch?

idk I actually like this patch, all the mids can be deal with.. yea even lesh/bs arent half as cancerous as 6.83 was. it was troll/sniper everygame and you couldn't end it cuz 1 teamfight lost and they would've the same networth as you, it was worse than playing vs techies atm.

being support this patch isn't that bad, dazzle winterwyvern bounty hunter es r really good. and you can do more to help than before having good supports is the key to win atm, buying glimmer cape and solar crest for ur cores. yeah we've storm now, but before it was sniper, tinker that made supports players kill themselves.

I can't believe anyone would prefer 6.83 over this patch, this patch is okay and there were meta heroes all the patches people prefer to pick them but you can always go with w.e and still win.

I am too high to write correctly atm

then again, we're like 4-5? months into this patch and we need another patch soon.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-09-12 at 12:39 AM.
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    In pubs, any mid is easily dealt with. Facing Sniper was 100% more annoying than facing Leshrac or Lina on lane. The two things that are cancer about this patch are Huskar and Techies. The rest I can deal with fine.

Stop picking heroes that Husk counters :P
    Hero is paper against anyone with pure damage or hard right clicks. Slardar for example. I admit, the problem with those heroes is that they aren't mid heroes, so you're setting yourself up for a guaranteed loss anyway when your mid blows.

I still don't see how you can say the current mid fotms aren't as bad as troll/sniper. Troll is a melee hero who can only right click, that's all he does, and he needed a LOT of farm to be able to take on a team. Sniper was the same way, extremely fragile, sure he had huge DPS but he still ran around with 1400 health late game, any hero that could jump on him (lol le storm spirit) could feed off him pretty easily. The issue with 6.83 was that it was the comeback gold patch, which meant Sniper could hold high ground forever, THAT was the issue with the hero. High ground defense no longer exists in 6.84, Leshrac runs into your team and your core towers and kills all of you in seconds and there's nothing you can do about it because you didn't pick Leshrac.

And I don't even think Leshrac is at the top of this meta, he's just the best example of "heroes that are better in every single imaginable way than their alternatives." Overpowered mid/nukers/gankers > overpowered carrys. Right clicks aren't cancer, being global'd is cancer. Sniper and Troll were also both shit at farming, Leshrac/storm/TA/QOP are gods. You usually had ~30 minutes to have fun before the 6.83 meta crushed the game, I am eating plenty of losses by 10-15 minutes in 6.84 because their mid has already snowballed to 1v5 status. We NEVER got raxed at 18 minutes in .83, it happens every other game in .84. Also, since high ground is as hard as ever to convincingly win, and the comeback gold still exists, most teams will secure the win in the first 20 minutes and then spend the next 35 ganking and farming until they know they can't possibly lose, which means you have to suffer through every loss twice as long as you used to.

The only thing I can think of that was worse about .83 is that it was the lane control patch. Lane control has pretty much evaporated now. Most common mid picks simply nuke down the wave and go jungle in the downtime or secure runes, which means even if you get counterpicked and outlaned you can farm under your tower 90% of the time, where Sniper would sit on his side of the river and deny every creep instead, ruining your game. It's also never been easier to offlane, most safe lanes run solo now with roaming supports and jungles so you can even farm, at worst you can get experience because zoning has all but disappeared since trilanes are dead. Early game is honestly completely meaningless in pubs, as long as you don't outright get shit on you can come back with good fights and farming patterns. This makes 6.84 much "easier" and more "enjoyable" for most laners, as sitting at your tower watching the enemy trilane pull and deny every creep was, indeed, quite boring.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-12 at 01:09 AM.

troll shit at farming? lmao, he could flash farm well ez roshans and stack ancients, also did u already forget the perma bash? he having a blink/sb and ulting and you couldn't do shit. plus skady+syy debuffs.

depends on which items sniper went, phase mom syy skady bkb. he'd be pretty tanky also gl 1v1 him with skady+syy debuff you couldn't even move. add a maelstrom for flash farm, or well you didnt even need to farm just defend highground get few kills and u'll have the same farm the enemy am.

and I disagree right clickers are just as cancer, why? beause they only have to right click.
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Huskar is always last picked in ranked.

Troll was annoying because the moment you were in his melee range you would never win the fight. Troll just needed to get close to someone and that person was dead. And Sniper was just cancer in the mid lane. Laning against that hero was like laning against an OD when he wasn't nerfed. You couldn't win no matter what. Lina, Leshrac, QoP, TA are all beatable mid.

also lets not forget jug, jakiro.. ogre venge in 6.83 iirc
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Huskar is always last picked in ranked.

Troll was annoying because the moment you were in his melee range you would never win the fight. Troll just needed to get close to someone and that person was dead. And Sniper was just cancer in the mid lane. Laning against that hero was like laning against an OD when he wasn't nerfed. You couldn't win no matter what. Lina, Leshrac, QoP, TA are all beatable mid.
    Yeah, but Troll still had to get into melee range. Leshrac can nuke your entire team from across the screen, Storm and QOP get into melee range instantly. Bloodseeker has a 12 second "fuck you" spell that he can cast from across the screen. That's the issue with these heroes and this meta, there's no avoiding them or outplaying them. They are GOING to do the stuff that they do, all you can hope to do is survive it and do even more bullshit to them. All of these cancer heroes can also disengage from bad fights, Troll eating a viper or SD ult had to sit there and fight or die for the most part, though him having 500 movespeed with phase and SY was semi retarded, it's still not the 800 movespeed cyka gets and it's still not ball lightning. Notice I don't cry about Leshrac or Lina much, that's because you can actually stomp those heroes into the ground. I never cried about troll or sniper, other than the fact that it was boring to see them every game, but I accept that sheep will always flock to the heroes the pros think are good. The difference is, this patch, the pros are absolutely right, the heroes that are on top are absolutely WAY stronger than the rest.

I've seen a decent amount of husk lately, but not near the level of storm/lesh/BS. Those heroes are 100% or damn close, husk is like 30% or so for me probably.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-12 at 01:22 AM.