Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    http://trialsofascension.com/news/article/dev-blog-10#

That'z cuz there are barely any updates.... and when there are some, they look like dat.
    Yeah it is funny though. The barely any updates but what strikes me as more telling is the totally dead community. They have next to no one posting, vidoes get less than 200 views. You can tell since the 'social media team' has stopped the amount of 'fake' bullshit posts has vanished and videos have no views anymore, the hype train isn't spreading.

And then when you have them post a 'dev blog' and it is just that tragically awful it amuses me even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Oh look, a Cabbit rip-off, the physically-based rendered poop it makes based on what it's been eating and some dippus half-dressed like Santy Claus. Yeah, these guys are Fortune 500 material, alright.
    Haha I thought it was physically-based rabbit poop as well. Did you check out that AMAZING OMG video though? Lolz

long time lurker here. thread is entertaining. i signed up because i came across this [ forum.unity3d.com/threads/project-city-life.355776/ ]and was wondering what u guys think. is this the company behind greed monger or someone else?

anyhow keep up the good work on this thread. makes great reading and is important think to have all this information in one place like this.

i cant post links yet so youll havta put the http in the link to go there and i dont want to make stupid posts just to reach a post count and see if these are the same guys or not.

Yup, it's the same company and same person associated with Greed Monger.

Whatever those guys say or claim, it's probably a store-brought asset they cobbled together.

The features... either don't exist, or is vaporware.

They're trying to commercialize greed-monger... it's a mere fraction of what you think it is.

Then you can imagine what might happen next... Either the greed-monger guys or Mr. Lumpy will come on-line and attack this post.

If you notice - no UI, just vanilla, despite them being in a team, - no models, except very basic ones, and so on...

Yes it's us. This is going to be a much smaller scaled game with the potential to grow post launch. We are doing no KickStarter campaign or funding of any sort before launch. I believe we can do this on a much smaller budget giving the simplified graphics style we have gone with and the team is currently made up of Volunteers left over from GM. Since we are asking for no money pre-launch I would ask that you guys refrain from trying to call us a scam until you have seen the condition the game is in when we officially launch. Thanks. I would be happy to answer any questions, criticism, concerns, ect. as long as it's kept civil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodoh View Post
    Yup, it's the same company and same person associated with Greed Monger.

Whatever those guys say or claim, it's probably a store-brought asset they cobbled together.

The features... either don't exist, or is vaporware.

They're trying to commercialize greed-monger... it's a mere fraction of what you think it is.

Then you can imagine what might happen next... Either the greed-monger guys or Mr. Lumpy will come on-line and attack this post.

If you notice - no UI, just vanilla, despite them being in a team, - no models, except very basic ones, and so on...
    We intend on keeping the art style simple. Simple graphics means we are able to create custom assets that fit for much less money and time then if we went with next gen graphics. Yes the assets are currently asset store bought... We are in the process of retexturing them and customizing the assets as needed. Work on this started a few days ago so yes there is no UI in the main play mode. The UI in the Build Mode is currently very basic and will be redone as time goes on but it's functional for our current needs which is all I care about at this time. The Character Creation UI I started working over night and so far is coming out pretty nicely but is currently untextured and still very much in a pre-alpha state.

We are using 2 Asset store packs that contains code: UniStorm for the day/Night cycle and weather, and a Camera Control System for the camera in Play mode. The rest of the code is 100% custom. For the Assets we are using a collection of assets but as I said we are retexturing them and customizing them. We will be creating our own custom assets to fill in the gaps where needed.

That was quick!

Quote Originally Posted by MMOIJamesPro View Post
    Yes it's us. This is going to be a much smaller scaled game with the potential to grow post launch. We are doing no KickStarter campaign or funding of any sort before launch. I believe we can do this on a much smaller budget giving the simplified graphics style we have gone with and the team is currently made up of Volunteers left over from GM. Since we are asking for no money pre-launch I would ask that you guys refrain from trying to call us a scam until you have seen the condition the game is in when we officially launch. Thanks. I would be happy to answer any questions, criticism, concerns, ect. as long as it's kept civil.
    How about fulfilling promises first? Last I heard, people didn't even get their T-shirts. You think you're credible? You think people will cheer you on at mmorpg.com? You think people will be interested in your future projects? Especially after the video interview where Lumpy couldn't bother to sit up to get money from a possible investor?

- - - Updated - - -

We intend on keeping the art style simple. Simple graphics means we are able to create custom assets that fit for much less money and time then if we went with next gen graphics. Yes the assets are currently asset store bought... We are in the process of retexturing them and customizing the assets as needed. Work on this started a few days ago so yes there is no UI in the main play mode. The UI in the Build Mode is currently very basic and will be redone as time goes on but it's functional for our current needs which is all I care about at this time. The Character Creation UI I started working over night and so far is coming out pretty nicely but is currently untextured and still very much in a pre-alpha state.
    They're in pre-alpha like ToA!!!!!! People love shit graphics! That's why people loved Spaghetti Beach and didn't want WoW to update!

- - - Updated - - -

......And I thought this topic was dead!

No it won't be. When we officially launch the game will be ready. Sure there may still be bugs since it's impossible to get all of the bugs out but it will be completely playable.

I really hope you guys will give us a chance to show that we have what it takes. And if we or you guys find that we don't have what it takes then Thank you for atleast giving us a chance.

Over the summer we have made some changes based on what happened toward the end with GM and feed back from the team in order for our team to run more smoothly. I will be handling the PR for P:CL and Dark Penguin from RPG-Codex is on board as our first Community Rep. Since Communication was a major issue with GM I have been releasing updates on our Steam page on a daily basis detailing what is being worked on and I'll be continuing to do that. We have promoted some of our QA Team to other positions where their skills can be used more efficiently. You guys may remember Tyler (magicrules) from the GM community, He is now working on retexturing and customizing our assets. Jesse (SlyJesse) will be moved over to helping me code once I get the basics in place. Paul Hemmings is staying on as part of our QA Team. We then have 4 others who haven't been on much over the summer who I need to touch base with and see if they are still with us.

Yes it's us. This is going to be a much smaller scaled game with the potential to grow post launch.
    That sounds oddly familiar.

Yes the assets are currently asset store bought... We are in the process of retexturing them and customizing the assets as needed.
    The character made of blocks is store bought assets? You couldn't make that on your own?

I really hope you guys will give us a chance to show that we have what it takes. And if we or you guys find that we don't have what it takes then Thank you for atleast giving us a chance.
    Haven't you already had a chance and blew it?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I really hope you guys will give us a chance to show that we have what it takes.
    I thought the world gave you several chances over the years with GM, their T-shirts, and your other incomplete games, or even your ability to officially register your company, but you continued to fail miserably. Don't market your game or yourselves here!

This thread is the gift that never stops giving.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's us.
    Winner winner chicken dinner.
    BAD WOLF

Ahhh...hahahahaha Give you a chance? Are you nuts!? You will never have what it takes to do this. Did you give up on your zombie project like you give up on everything else you ever do? Jesus, just when you think people finally learn a lesson they come back and prove that not only was the lesson NOT learned they were determined to keep giving wrong answers despite those wrong answers always being wrong.

Keep using those buzz words like "team" and "PR". You know what PR needs to be done right now? None. Haha good lord I see what is more important though. Let's have a PR team and promote our "image"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    This thread is the gift that never stops giving.
    I love this thread! Now we just need ToA to try and hype themselves back into overdrive so we can REALLY have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I love this thread! Now we just need ToA to try and hype themselves back into overdrive so we can REALLY have some fun.
    I miss all the fans that just happened to find this thread when they were googling ToA, I wonder why they stopped showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I miss all the fans that just happened to find this thread when they were googling ToA, I wonder why they stopped showing up.
    Heh they stopped "showing up" on the ToA forums as well, that place is a freaking ghost town! I WONDER why that is? lolz

Yes it's us. This is bla bla bla hot air buzzwords hot air bla bla bla
    *makes some popcorn with the hot air machine*

And now begins the glacial slowness of 'progress' delivered by 'transparency' and 'regular updates' ToA:Exile-style. Plus branding.

Personally, I welcome it. It was getting a little dull around here. *munch munch munch*

I will be handling the PR for P:CL and Dark Penguin from RPG-Codex is on board as our first Community Rep. Since Communication was a major issue with GM I have been releasing updates on our Steam page on a daily basis detailing what is being worked on and I'll be continuing to do that. We have promoted some of our QA Team to other positions where their skills can be used more efficiently. You guys may remember Tyler (magicrules) from the GM community, He is now working on retexturing and customizing our assets. Jesse (SlyJesse) will be moved over to helping me code once I get the basics in place. Paul Hemmings is staying on as part of our QA Team. We then have 4 others who haven't been on much over the summer who I need to touch base with and see if they are still with us.

It's probably the same old PR you did previously...

Tyler... His portfolio? Nothing on the web...

Jesse... I searched around... no other games he made...

Why are you getting rookies to do work for you?

I can imagine why GM failed...

- - - Updated - - -

What is your modeller doing?

All store bought assets...

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/27935

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15126

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/43500

Deleted
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeee, it continues!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're all just too cynical. If these guys want to play pretend-developers and spew out amalgamated piles of asset packs in the shape of something created simply out of feasibility rather than original thought & aspiration, then placed on Greenlight amidst a sea of clones like one final turd dropped into a cesspool... I personally wish them all the best .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Is it cynical to expect more of the same given their track record? I don't think so. Expecting better is optimism. Expecting the same is realism. Now if we expected this to become an all-new low in game development, that might qualify as cynicism.

Personally I'm hoping they expose themselves to some more hilarity like that devchat fiasco where they got roasted alive by a so-called fan.

I would be happy to answer any questions, criticism, concerns, ect. as long as it's kept civil.
    Well that didn't last long.