Quote Originally Posted by MMOIJamesPro View Post
    I really hope you guys will give us a chance to show that we have what it takes. And if we or you guys find that we don't have what it takes then Thank you for atleast giving us a chance.
    You have got to be kidding me. Exactly how many chances do you think you should be given James? In all your projects, you have -yet- to release a fully playable, let alone fully developed, game. Why on Earth should anyone expect that this time will be different? Oh, by the way, what happened with RoH? You announced in January that it was back in development...what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by MMOIJamesPro View Post
    Over the summer we have made some changes based on what happened toward the end with GM and feed back from the team in order for our team to run more smoothly. I will be handling the PR for P:CL and Dark Penguin from RPG-Codex is on board as our first Community Rep. Since Communication was a major issue with GM I have been releasing updates on our Steam page on a daily basis detailing what is being worked on and I'll be continuing to do that. We have promoted some of our QA Team to other positions where their skills can be used more efficiently.
    Okay, a few things:

1) You're going to be handling PR? Seriously? You don't think you should focus instead on, y'know, making a game? Since you have yet to release a finished product, what makes you feel that you can take on another role as well? But speaking of PR...

2) Communication was a major issue for GM, you say? Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't YOU handling that? And we all saw how that went; from hyping progress that didn't actually happen, not even showing up for publicized stress tests without a word to anyone because you weren't feeling well to suddenly cancelling GM. You handle communications as well as you do game development.

3) It's good that you're utilizing your QA team in other positions...I mean, it's not like there's much else for them to do.

It's been said here before man, make a game instead of wasting people's time (and money). Until that happens, I doubt you're going to get much slack considering how the GM debacle went down.
    Last edited by Taojnhy; 2015-09-20 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Well that didn't last long.
    Ikr? Didn't answer any of my questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    1) You're going to be handling PR? Seriously? You don't think you should focus instead on, y'know, making a game? Since you have yet to release a finished product, what makes you feel that you can take on another role as well? But speaking of PR...
    Him - PR?? He pissed off the public and his relations with Jason went to hell. No Lumpy PR?

Why would he want to stick with the same fail team?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Why would he want to stick with the same fail team?

Search for SlyJesse's portfolio. Nothing.

Search for MagicRules's portfolio. Nothing.

James gets all this BS people to help him, amateur hour sloppy people.

Getting some pop-corn... amateur hour time.
    Last edited by Bodoh; 2015-09-21 at 06:40 AM.

Well..

James, Communication was never your problem with GreedMonger... and I would even say that your posting on the forums kept the scam going a year longer than it should have. Your problem is you never made any type of game in 3 years. You had 3 years, a ton of assets from the asset store, and you released a video in January that looked like nothing.. it was like watching your ´zombie game´.. it was just some random stuff thrown on the screen that did nothing. There was no game..

Second, VERY IMPORTANT... you said on numerous forums, including your own, that you would not be using any of the assets from GreedMonger to make any of your other games... well Unistorm was in GreedMonger, and I would be willing to bet the character controller is the same also. This should shock nobody because basically everything you write is a total lie, and has been for the past 3 years. And seriously, how many times in the last 3 years did you say ´give us a chance´... Dude, you wasted $100,000 of others people´s money pretending you are a game developer. Yes, it is partially Jason´s fault for believing in you.. but wow.. how can anyone who can´t finish a space invaders clone even think they can make a MMORPG.

You are seriously like TOA devs.. you just find random people and make them ´devs´.. Nobody who knows anything about making games is going to work with someone with your reputation and lack of skills. ´ Hey guys, I can´t make a space invader clone, but you should bring your elite skills and work with me´. yeah... not hard to imagine who you have working with you..

James is a real-life greed monger:

James is so greedy - no obligations to meet any Greed monger KickStarter obligations, maybe, except the T-Shirts. When will they be shipped? Next month or the month after?

A new project! What happened to the Zombies and that older Greed-monger project?

Saving money - getting noobs to do the new project...

James cannot work with others. Where are the other people James previously worked with? All dismissed due to James' inability to work with others and incompetence.

A few months later, no game, or just an empty shell of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

what happened with RoH? You announced in January that it was back in development...what happened?
    What happened to it James?

But speaking of PR...
    James PR is the best PR ever. James tries to defend that he is making a MMORPG, while telling lies to everyone.

not even showing up for publicized stress tests without a word to anyone
    There is no game. It's all fake development work. Look at the Youtube video again and again. Ghastly rubbish.

- - - Updated - - -

Make it 3 failed MMOs:

City Life MMO:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/citylife-morpg.251795/

Zombie Survival:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/zombie-survivalist-online-survival-adventure-at-its-finest.173218/

His ROH MMO:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/how-to-setup-mmorpg-server.278948/#post-1841351

His new City Life is a re-hash of PNet
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/people-who-used-lidgren-before.206178/

James, when will there be a playable version of Greedmonger I can play?

Can James release the server build for Greed Monger? I think James can, unless James have something to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You are seriously like TOA devs.. you just find random people and make them ´devs´
    First off, good to see you again, Azrile.

Second, they really are. Cos as is the case in all forms of entertainment, you generally have three main tiers of producers.

1)Innovators. These are the people who actually come up with fresh new ideas that spawn genres.
    2)Iterators. These are the people who take those genres and come up with new twists and improvements upon them that become hallmarks of the genre.
    3)Copycats. These are the people who basically do a reskinned version of something the people from 1 and 2 did. It might be a good copycat, it might be mediocre, it might be horrible poop.

While the folks at ToA and GM like to think they're on one of those tiers, they don't even rate that high. In the course trying to be, all they're doing is playing wannabe because they never reach that crucial step of producing something playable. All they produce is a lot of hand-wringing and hot air. And entertainment for trolls and others who call them on their bombastic egotism.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    First off, good to see you again, Azrile.

Second, they really are. Cos as is the case in all forms of entertainment, you generally have three main tiers of producers.

1)Innovators. These are the people who actually come up with fresh new ideas that spawn genres.
    2)Iterators. These are the people who take those genres and come up with new twists and improvements upon them that become hallmarks of the genre.
    3)Copycats. These are the people who basically do a reskinned version of something the people from 1 and 2 did. It might be a good copycat, it might be mediocre, it might be horrible poop.
    The funny thing is, both of these ´dev teams´ can´t even achieve being #3. I never even bothered to read the plans for the new James game.. I saw 3 screenshots that were nothing except something that was on sale on the asset store a few weeks ago.

But it will be different this time, because James is doing the PR himself.. I wonder what happened to Lumpyman, he was the guy in here talking about branding and his vast amount of experience with marketing.. James is more fun though, he is so stupid he contradicts himself on almost a daily basis. One day he has a team of 9 working for him, the next day he can´t answer questions on the forums because he is the only dev for the game.

James has nobody but himself working on that game.

The other developer has not made any game.

The other modeller has not made any models.

You can imagine what a team that is.

Of course, James can publicly declare who is helping him.

My hunch is that James cannot work with anyone because he'll reject them.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    snip
    Know what I took out of that? You sound more professional when you talk about the "TEAM" of people working with you. Lolz.

Actually scratch that, they just look far more stupid when they say people are attached to those garbage projects. I guess he is paying those people in hopes and dreams? Just like ToA! Future profits and what not! GO TEAM!

I also find it cute the way he keeps throwing the blame to everyone else. It's like the hot potato game.
    That's just the thing: nothing is -ever- his fault, and those few occasions where he "valiantly" took the blame for failings, they're always backhanded (he should have been more vigilant because he doesn't know why the other person didn't come through) in what has amounted to sympathy-seeking. He announces shiny new projects and the moment people who've been burned before say something, suddenly he's the victim.

It seems like it all boils down to him needing other people to give him praise and attention, which isn't necessarily terrible...except that he never does anything to merit them.

All of this just further affirms my view that there's something very pathologically wrong with JamesP (and apparently most of his friends like Mr. Lumpy). Almost makes me feel bad for him since he clearly spends so much time living in this dream state.

Listen to his youtube videos. He sounds like a pathetic kid who is already on the window-ledge as far as mental stability. There are people who naturally feel sympathetic towards someone who sounds like they are about to break out in tears at any moment. The other part of it is that Jason was an a-hole, which also makes it easy to see someone who worked with him as a victim.

I think those posters on the Unity forum took care of him... nice ´announcement´ thread.

I guess it means more to them to pretend they're actually going to get anywhere making a game than it does to give it up completely and face their day-to-day without it. If not for the fact other people wasted time and money on their foolishness, I might feel sorry for them. As it is, they get what they deserve, IMO.

Why is there an entire QA team when there is no game to QA? They have multiple members for QA but the dev team is just James?

"What's it to you if I fail or succeed?"
    People are disgusted with your bs and unfulfilled promises.

He's onto a new game but still blaming Jason and Lumpy. He won't blame Penguin later though because he's the exception.... Why is Penguin working with him? I thought he only had bad things to say about James.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Why is there an entire QA team when there is no game to QA? They have multiple members for QA but the dev team is just James?

"What's it to you if I fail or succeed?"
    People are disgusted with your bs and unfulfilled promises.

He's onto a new game but still blaming Jason and Lumpy. He won't blame Penguin later though because he's the exception.... Why is Penguin working with him? I thought he only had bad things to say about James.
    No, it was Appleton that Dark Penguin was all hot and bothered about nailing to the wall even after it became apparent that Proctor was just as much to blame.

That's just the thing: nothing is -ever- his fault, and those few occasions where he "valiantly" took the blame for failings, they're always backhanded (he should have been more vigilant because he doesn't know why the other person didn't come through) in what has amounted to sympathy-seeking. He announces shiny new projects and the moment people who've been burned before say something, suddenly he's the victim.
    It amounts to stupidity.

It seems like it all boils down to him needing other people to give him praise and attention, which isn't necessarily terrible...except that he never does anything to merit them.
    It demonstrates low self esteem, likely due to his depression. Who would work with someone so.....off?

- - - Updated - - -

It gets better...

They glued a couple of assets together, but they already have PR and "morale boosters" :/
    Well now I know why she keeps trying that hard to defend them over that forum.
    He uses "bow out" far too often but never fuckin' leaves after he bows out. Who else hates that term now? He fights the same fight there, here, at mmorpg, and who knows where else, and still thinks he's a superstar.

- - - Updated - - -

The scene he paints with his mother, skype, and "programming", makes me think of a pimply Cartman playing WoW in the basement and shouting "Mom! Bedpan!"

" I created a completely custom Space Invaders clone several years ago." ROFLMAO!
    You didn't even finish that! wtf lol!
    Ah, my favorite part of that post was this gem:

As for creating something Original that doesn't depend on Asset store stuff I really can't.
    Granted, that's a bit out of context as he goes on to explain that he's not a modeler, texture artist, etc, but I found it so apt nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw i stopped watching it a couple of days, and all happens!
    I wont mind guys like James if it wasnt wasting other ppl money and time, and giving such a bad rep to indies. Not that im one, but i feel sympatethic with guys who work hard to develop their games, but with so many wanna-be and scammers out there, they run out of chances in the market.
    Also i dunno what stop a programmer to learn how to do models, even if they r not so good (they will prob work for prototype or testing?) or if not contracting it. Using random assets doesnt work very well, you wont get enough things that work together (same style, etc). You can post a bunch and pretend its a game, but it will never be.

Ah, my favorite part of that post was this gem:
    As for GM's KS the ONLY money I got was for work already completed. If your an employee for a Company and the company does a KS but then the game fails are you REALLY going to be expected to give the money back that you got for work you already completed? I really don't think so so why people are expecting it from me is beyond me.
    Is he psycho? Ks was for a product, not for work done. He also took responsibility for everything when he took over the entire project and its assets. How is it beyond him that he's accountable? Yeah, he does need to return the money, in the end, he reaped the benefits of $100k through wages, hardware, software, virtual assets, ownership of all that is gm. With $100k, the t-shirts should have been sent out first, can't afford to is no excuse. It's time to liquidate gm assets. It's like he wants to run a business without following business practices. If mmoi wasn't registered officially at the time of gm transfer, isn't he personally liable? Isn't he banned from making further ks's for not honoring gm's? All these bad justifications. He disgusts me.

Hi James,
    thanks for answering that PNet issue. I have a feeling that it's that FHolm Lidgren thing.
    https://github.com/fholm/unityassets

If it's that FHolm Lidgren, try not to use that stupid Slim server since FHolm has a restriction on it.

If you use that GameMachine.io, haha, you'll have to throw away all your existing code 'cos the server is in Java, your work is in Unity/C#.

The reason why James can do this perversion, is he is a welfare cheat. We're paying taxes to sponsor Unity failed development.

James cannot get a job, because he'll lose his welfare benefits.

If you want to zero in on James, write to the State Welfare Fraud or call the FBI on Greedmonger, that a welfare cheat is doing the coding for Greed Monger.

Can James pull the plug on his welfare checks and make a hamburger? It would be a delight to hear.
    Last edited by Bodoh; 2015-09-23 at 12:28 AM.