Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Also slaves was not exclusive to America, slaves have been around for thousands of years, how do you think they built the pyramids for example aliens lol?
    Oh please don't get him started on that, or other conspiracy theories like moon landing hoax he's also been going on about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Also slaves was not exclusive to America, slaves have been around for thousands of years, how do you think they built the pyramids for example aliens lol?
    Funnily enough the pyramids were not built by slaves, they had a willing workforce while the Nile was flooded because to help build a pyramid was pretty much the only way for a poor person to gain entrance into the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Funnily enough the pyramids were not built by slaves, they had a willing workforce while the Nile was flooded because to help build a pyramid was pretty much the only way for a poor person to gain entrance into the afterlife.
    Yep. They had good records and everything or something too.

Fair one, slaves have however existed for many thousands of years.

Deleted
    I don't know what you guys are on about, my ancestors only had slaves to whip and beat at will.

*twirls evil white mustache*

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Oh please don't get him started on that, or other conspiracy theories like moon landing hoax he's also been going on about.
    Haha my bad.

But the poor oppressed Jews say that Jewish slaves built the pyramids!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    It's amazing how people think children can be greatly influenced by TV, radio, their parents, etc, but when it comes to the racial or 'colourist' make up of their classrooms, churches, and even their neighbors and family's friends/associates, they all of a sudden become oblivious to color or race.

If children's minds are like sponges, you'd better believe that they're paying attention, although at certain ages they may not possess the ability to articulate it. Colors are absolutely paid attention to, because it goes along with their learning of their surroundings. You're selling children entirely too short.
    Are you 'special', do you know what it is like to grow up different in America? Do you have first hand experiences being something other than a WASP in America?

As a kid, I was reminded every day by everyone What I was. What my family history supposedly was. It's not like I could hide my nose, and curly hair. Oh (Jewish ancestored), I didn't even know what a Jew was until I was 11 years old, since my Mother converted before my birth to Christianity. Still I had Olive skin, black curly hair, and was clearly not a WASP. (W= White, AS = Anglo-Saxon, P= Protestant)

I learned about the Holocaust, and kids made jokes about how my family was cooked. So if you think growing up African Ancestored in America means they can be fooled in not knowing how they were treated. Lets talk about how they are treated today. Because every time they do anything they are reminded they have dark skin, and curly hair. They are reminded that they came from people who didn't choose to live in North America. There is no misunderstandings as to what being the descendant of a slave means in America even today. As for the South, and other places where Slavery happened, the Racists want to go back to Slavery, they are not Apologizing, they are not white washing history, they are proud of their roots. What is actually sad, as I said before, only the richest owned slaves, and most of their children are Argentinians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is not fabricating history, but calling slaves workers comes off as trying to make a dick move seem less shit.

The fact it starts with "The Atlantic SLAVE trade" makes the use of the term "workers" a bit of a moot point.

Deleted
    At this point its like flogging a dead horse. People have clearly shown and proven that you are taking offence to something that is clearly and grammatically correct. Calling them workers does not detract a single thing from the fact it has been framed with "Slave Trade". So now not only are you showing your ignorance, but your expecting others to join in.

Clearly you dont know what it means to be small minded, petty and well, racist because if you did know, there`s no way you`d find this offensive.

Slave trade describes the scenario. Workers describes what they were doing in a general way. Get of your high horse and gain some social acceptance and wisdom. To try and imply children are brain-washed... well you know what they say. No fire without crazy!!

Honestly, never seen such wanton hate mongering in all my days.

it's not about them not knowing that the workers were slaves it's about the book using language that erases a part of history because it's inconvenient for the (read: white ) people who wrote the book.
    It's not erasing when it's teaching you what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Is not fabricating history, but calling slaves workers comes off as trying to make a dick move seem less shit.
    The dick move of blacks selling blacks into Slavery? That dick move? That one that we don't talk about?

I mean really, "workers" is the nicest word they could possibly use there. If their language fails to differentiate between "all people who do work" and "people who were owned as property" here its probably bad wording. Grammatically correct? Yes, but that's not the sole test for good word usage, as this thread seems to think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The dick move of blacks selling blacks into Slavery? That dick move? That one that we don't talk about?
    The one we don't talk about but which someone talks about in every thread about slavery?

10+ Year Old Account

Since when were the slaves 'workers'? Since they are workers all of a sudden now why aren't the white western countries paying wages to the descendants of these 'workers'.
    Calling slaves for 'workers' settled people's minds better to not see them as just plain tools - common psychological change of words. And paying the wages of the descendants, what the? Doesn't make sense at all. That is like what the people in India tried to do, demanding payment for the years that the United Kingdom has been having their hold on areas. You can't demand the future to pay for the past like that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    The one we don't talk about but which someone talks about in every thread about slavery?
    Sshhh we don't talk about it, didn't you get the memo? whitey is evil and has always taken advantage of the noble african.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Calling slaves for 'workers' settled people's minds better to not see them as just plain tools - common psychological change of words. And paying the wages of the descendants, what the? Doesn't make sense at all. That is like what the people in India tried to do, demanding payment for the years that the United Kingdom has been having their hold on areas. You can't demand the future to pay for the past like that.
    On the other hand, you do have societies built on hundreds of years of unpaid labor and one can reasonably hold the position that maintaining that status is immoral.

Sshhh we don't talk about it, didn't you get the memo? whitey is evil and has always taken advantage of the noble african.
    If you have a relevant argument make it. If you want to shitpost, spare us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Are you 'special', do you know what it is like to grow up different in America? Do you have first hand experiences being something other than a WASP in America?

As a kid, I was reminded every day by everyone What I was. What my family history supposedly was. It's not like I could hide my nose, and curly hair. Oh (Jewish ancestored), I didn't even know what a Jew was until I was 11 years old, since my Mother converted before my birth to Christianity. Still I had Olive skin, black curly hair, and was clearly not a WASP. (W= White, AS = Anglo-Saxon, P= Protestant)

I learned about the Holocaust, and kids made jokes about how my family was cooked. So if you think growing up African Ancestored in America means they can be fooled in not knowing how they were treated. Lets talk about how they are treated today. Because every time they do anything they are reminded they have dark skin, and curly hair. They are reminded that they came from people who didn't choose to live in North America. There is no misunderstandings as to what being the descendant of a slave means in America even today. As for the South, and other places where Slavery happened, the Racists want to go back to Slavery, they are not Apologizing, they are not white washing history, they are proud of their roots. What is actually sad, as I said before, only the richest owned slaves, and most of their children are Argentinians.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them.

The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, we timetraveled to set the whole slavery thing in motion.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust?

The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US.
    Holocaust was an attempted extinction of a specific group of people.